It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to Release 2000 Photos of Prisoner Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Pentagon to Release 2000 Photos of Prisoner Abuse!

www.nbcwashington.com

WASHINGTON – The Defense Department will release around 2,000 photos depicting abuse of prisoners by U.S. personnel in Iraq, Afghanistan and at Guantanamo Bay the American Civil Liberties Union said late Thursday.

One U.S. official told NBC News that the photos are "not as bad as those from Abu Ghraib," the prison where U.S. military guards stripped prisoners naked and threatened them with guard dogs, but "they're not good."

The photos will be made available by May 28, the ACLU said, citing a letter dated from the Justice Department to a federal judge in New York. The photos' release is in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the ACLU in 2004 and will include images from prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan at locations other than Abu Ghraib, the ACLU said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well this should be interesting ... i wonder what these will look like, i saw the thread that was posted earlier with photos of the abuse.

My question's are who in their right mind would want to photograph these (2000 pictures?!), and for whom would they be taking them for?

What are your thoughts?

www.nbcwashington.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Alot of people like seeing people in pain, and being tortured.

People are just scum, but what can one do. I personally will not want to look at these, but plenty will love them.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

i also will most likely not look at these ... i wonder why they would even take photos and for whom?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
what did you make a warning?

there are no pics?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

whoops haha got it mixed up with this latimesblogs.latimes.com... which was another report on the same thing which had a graphic picture ... thanks for that spot

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Excellent news.

People need to see what's being done in their names and face the reality of their complacency. I have zero problem with this, and I fully support the release.

Because it absolutely disgusts me that such vile things are done in my name, for "national security" and "terrorism." I may one day die in a terror attack, but I am not going to sell my soul to prevent the likelihood of the consequences from decades of Western imperialism.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join