It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow
What a pile of work you've done here. Really packs a punch. Ufology really seems irrefutable when presented like this. But, I know, I know, still not enough for the skeptics.

I know there are mixed reviews of Alex Collier and his experiences. And I am not a groupie or anything, but I feel compelled to add to the list of testimonials. I'll never know if it actually came from the mouth of an alien but for what its worth. I heard him say something that was supposedly told to him by his visitors that I can't seem to shake.

"The pain we carry is the love we withhold."

It just seemed to fit with what a higher evolved spiritual being might say to a confused inner toiling earthling.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
great post! i had no idea how many credible witnesses there were! s and f for u....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies

Theres certainly been some very revealing statements made down the years by prominent figures - here's another interesting one from the Chief Official in charge of Project Bluebook, Captain Edward J. Ruppelt:

"The one thing about these briefings that never failed to amaze me, although it happened time and time again, was the interest in UFOs within scientific circles. As soon as the word spread that Project Blue Book was giving official briefings to groups with the proper security clearances, we had no trouble in getting scientists to swap free advice for a briefing. I might add that we briefed only groups who were engaged in government work and who had the proper security clearances solely because we could discuss any government project that might be of help to us in pinning down the UFO. Our briefings weren't just squeezed in either; in many instances we would arrive at a place to find that a whole day had been set aside to talk about UFOs. And never once did I meet anyone who laughed off the whole subject of flying saucers even though publicly these same people had jovially sloughed off the press with answers of 'hallucinations,' 'absurd', or 'a waste of time and money.' They weren't wild-eyed fans but they were certainly interested."

Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt.

www.nicap.org...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Statement from British Air Ministry Senior Official

"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them."

"Inevitably this led to the sort of enquiry which you would put in hand if you had any military responsibilities. Had something gone wrong with ground radar or with aircraft radar? We experienced pilots going out of their minds? Were people having fantasies? We *had* to investigate cases of that kind. Over the years - although there were not an enormous number of such cases - there were a sufficient number to persuade me, and a number of air staff friends with whom I had to work, that something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain."

"But we did not particularly want to make public statements about that. Not for something that we had no explanation."

Ralph Noyes,Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977

www.drdavidclarke.co.uk...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Summation from NICAP's Francis Ridge:

“The following is what makes Ufology worth pursuing - we already have:

1) Millions of sightings worldwide and a hundred-thousand-plus sightings are on computer (UFOCAT).

2) 3,000-plus sightings from aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

3) 489 radar cases, many radar/visual (Dominique Weinstein); 363 radar cases, 76 as R/V (USAF records alone).

4) 5600 trace cases documented, 4104 involving UFO visual sightings (CUFOS).

5) Over 500 cases of E-M effects associated with UFO sightings (CUFOS) and 185 E-M cases documented involving UFOs near aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

6) Hundreds, if not thousands, of excellent close encounters by credible observers whose testimony in court would be taken at face value.

7) About 4,000 (701 originally) UNKNOWNS listed in Project Blue Book files.”

Francis Ridge,Site coordinator,NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena)

Link

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

“A 1977 poll of American astronomers, published in JSE, showed the following. Out of 2611 questionnaires 1356 were returned. In response to whether the UFO problem deserved further study the replies were: 23% certainly, 30% probably, 27% percent possibly, 17% probably not, 3% certainly not.
Interestingly, there was a positive correlation between the amount of reading done on the subject and the opinion that further study was in order…”

Bernard Haisch, Astrophysicist

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"When you have the view of the airspace and the radar screen and you see the UFOs go around twenty or thirty miles a second – that is very real. They can turn suddenly almost 90 degrees in a second or half a second. The UFOs can go vertically straight up very quickly."
Mexico City Senior Air Traffic Controller, Enrique Kolbeck -DP p. 129.

"Air Catalogue is a rather extensive library I’ve been collecting for almost 30 years from commercial, private, and test pilots. I have over 3,000 cases. My estimate is that for every pilot who does come forward, and makes a confidential or a public report, there are 20, 30 other pilots who don’t."
NASA Research Scientist (Gemini, Apollo, Skylab), Dr. Richard Haines
-DP p. 131

"I was a top secret control officer. I happened to see a classified message go through my com [communications] center which said, “A UFO has crashed on the Island of Spitsbergen, Norway, and a team of scientists are coming to investigate it.”
US Air Force, Lieutenant Colonel Dwynne Arneson DP p. 176

"The UFO incident occurred on the USS John F. Kennedy in the summer of 1971. We observed a large, glowing sphere over the ship. It looked huge. I would say it was anywhere from three or four hundred feet to a quarter of a mile depending on how high it was. A few days later, the Commanding Officer looked at the camera – and I will never forget this – and he said, “I would like to remind the crew that certain events that take place on board a major combat vessel are considered classified and should not be discussed with anyone without a need to know.”
US Navy, National Security Agency, James Kopf -DP p. 203

"We had contact with an unidentified flying object that had entered our air space. The order was given by Admiral Trane to get this object forced down out of the sky if at all possible, by whatever means possible….Two gentlemen began to question me about this event. They were being pretty rough. I remember literally putting my hands up and saying, “Wait a minute fellows. I’m on your side.” My logbook, I never did see that again."
US Navy Atlantic Command, Merle Shane McDow- DP p.241

"I said, “Now this is supposed to be a system that tracks radar anomalies on Earth, right?” He says, “Yep, that’s what it does.” So I ask, “Then why are half of them pointed toward outer space, towards the moon, towards areas that are just blank space? What are they looking for?” He says, “You’ve got to have a need to know to know about that”.…We go back to a comment made by one of the astronauts when he stepped on the moon. It was the day after they got there. And he says, “You’re right, they’re already here.” It got out on the airwaves. I know several people who recorded it. It was quickly taken out of all tapes that were public broadcast."
Defense Intelligence Agency, Military Intelligence Analyst, John Maynard
- DP p. 424

"I had access to special libraries, so we could go up to the library that the Air Force ran and sort of paw through top-secret material. Since I was interested in UFOs, I’d look to see what they had. For about a year, I was getting quite a few hits. Then, all of a sudden, the whole subject material vanished. The entire classification for the subject just vanished."
McDonnell Douglas Aerospace Engineer, Dr. Robert Wood - DP p. 434

"We had objects with four-way confirmation – ground visual, ground radar, airborne visual, airborne radar. It doesn’t get any better than that. In my following of unusual aerial phenomena for the past 50 years, there seems to be some reason to discredit very viable and very reputable witnesses when they say something is unidentified."
US Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Lieutenant Colonel Charles Brown -DP p. 247

Not realy about UFOs but interesting anyway:

"Sophia Hoffer asked me to come work at SAIC. I came in and there wasn’t any paperwork to fill out. She just said, “You have the job.” I didn’t even know what department it was at the time….These supervisors were playing games on their computer. There was nothing on their desks. A supervisor gave me letters to respond to. He said, “Oh, you know, just put a letter together and send it off.” I opened up the files and even the letters that were in there were backdated several years saying the same exact form letter. It was talking about sometimes millions of dollars in contracts. It looked like there had never been any activity on it. That struck me as very odd. Sophia was in the position of one of the head scientists, which I thought was interesting, because I had met her working at a fabric store. They were getting a lot of money for doing nothing, and I didn’t know where the money was going. Later, I put her last name in a computer to do a search. It took me to this DEA site. There was a picture of her with a different first name, same last name. But this was the deceased site for DEA or CIA agents. I was shocked. This person is supposed to have been dead for years."
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Secretary, Denise McKenzie -DP p. 451

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

“On August fifth [1929] - something remarkable! We were in our camp in the Kukunor district not far from the Humboldt Chain. In the morning about half-past nine some of our caravaneers noticed a remarkably big black eagle flying over us. Seven of us began to watch this unusual bird. At this same moment another of our caravaneers remarked, ‘There is something far above the bird’. And he shouted in his astonishment. We all saw, in a direction from north to south, something big and shiny reflecting the sun, like a huge oval moving at great speed. Crossing our camp the thing changed in its direction from south to southwest. And we saw how it disappeared in the intense blue sky. We even had time to take our field glasses and saw quite distinctly an oval form with shiny surface, one side of which was brilliant from the sun.”

Nicholas Roerich, Altai-Himalaya
Roerich Museum,N.Y.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Interesting statement made by Nick Pope from the British Ministry of Defense.

"We were asking the Americans, 'Are you operating a prototype aircraft in our airspace?' That, of course, was nonsense. You simply would not do that from a diplomatic and political point of view. It would undermine the entire structure of NATO if you were putting things through someone else's airspace, particularly a close ally, without seeking the proper diplomatic clearance. But we had to ask. And the Americans, having had similar reports, I guess, since the Hudson Valley wave [New York state, mid-1980s], had been quietly asking us if we had some large, triangular shaped object that could go from 0 to Mach 5 in a second. Our response was that we wished we did. This was the bizarre situation: that we were chasing the Americans, and the Americans were chasing us."

Nick Pope - Head of the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defence.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"I've seen Venus many times, but I never saw Venus 50 feet above a road and moving from side to side like this was..."

Portage County Sheriff Ross Dustman to United Press International.

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

"What I found [in doing research for the book Project Delta] was compelling evidence to claim that most of these aerial objects far exceeded the terrestrial technology of the era in which they were seen. I was forced to conclude that there is a great likelihood that Earth is being visited by highly advanced aerospace vehicles under highly 'intelligent' control indeed."

DR. RICHARD F. HAINES
Retired NASA senior research scientist
Ames Research Center
Research Institute for Advanced Computer Science

Great Interview with Dr Richard Haines

edit on 11-1-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix link

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Excellent, just look at the evidence and NASA loves to negate such claims.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'm working myself for the MoD (but totally unrelated to anything involving aerospace and aviation etc.) and to be frank, I would have really like to meet Nick Pope, in particular about the so called Belgian wave, which indeed was all about big, silent, black triangles moving at speeds that we can't match...

This declaration from him, by itself, would be enough to close the big mouth of those who still pretend it is/was the TR-3 or other supersecret projects, but I can assure you that it wasn't. Sadly, a lot of "conspiracy theorists" (or I'm more tempted to call some of them "paranoid lunatics") don't have the slightest idea of how things work really at those high levels.

The fact is, as proven at length in this thread and others, there are things happening that no one controls or know what/who it is. It is therefore, logically, originating out of this earth, and it is "known", if not actually proven already.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"50,000 virtually reliable people have reported sighting unidentified flying objects… From available information, the UFO phenomenon appears to have been global in nature for almost 50,000 years. This leaves us with the unpleasant possibility of alien visitors to our planet, or at least of alien controlled UFO's. The best thing to do is to keep an open and skeptical mind, and not take an extreme position on any side of the question"

USAF "Introductory Space Science", Volume II - Deparment of Physics, USAF

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
The fact is, as proven at length in this thread and others, there are things happening that no one controls or know what/who it is. It is therefore, logically, originating out of this earth, and it is "known", if not actually proven already.

SpookyVince, appreciate the reply mate and there's another interesting statement below in which an Admiral of the U.S. Navy states UFOs are neither American or Russian:

US Navy Admiral has a word about UFOs in 1957:

01.16.1957 - Admiral S. Fahrney,head missile testing of the American Navy has declared:

"According to worthy information of faith, in our atmosphere objects arrive at high speed. No aircraft, neither in the United States, either in the Soviet Union is currently able to achieve the speed attributed to these objects from the radars and from the observatories. These objects appear to be driven by an intelligence the way in which they fly. According to reports from scientists and technical personnel, these objects fly in formation and finish manoeuvres that seem to point out that are not completely driven from an automatic equipment. These objects are in incontestable mode the result of long investigations and highly technological and exceptional knowledge."

link

Theres also this relevant goverment document which states UFOs are "..not attributable to natural phenomenon or known types of aerial vehicles."

Title: Unidentified Flying Objects

To: Director of Central Intelligence

Author: MaArshall H. Chadwell, Assistant Director Scientific Intelligence

Date: December 2, 1952

"At this time the reports of incidents convince us that there is something going on that must have immediate attention. The details of some of these incidents have been discussed by AD/SI (SI: Scientific Intelligence) with DDCI. Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and travelling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomenon or known types of aerial vehicles."

Thread

Perhaps Dr James E. McDonald had it right all along when he suggested in this audio clip that UFOs may come from somewhere else:

link

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Brazilian General witnesses UFO:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e9d5237bdc5.jpg[/atsimg]

"There were eight of us, including me and the farm owner. We had three military men, including my son, then a lieutenant and now a major, and a friend of his, a major in the air force, a professor of physics, a professor of law and others in different professions.
There were eight of us, all friends, and we saw the object clearly in front of us, radiating an intense bluish-whitish light. Then quickly the object disappeared and immediately appeared to the right at a higher point in the mountains."

General Alfredo Moacyr Uchôa, former deputy director of the Military Academy of Brazil

link

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of Project Blue Book, talking about UFO sightings over Nuclear/Atomic installations:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ede6048e0fc.jpg[/atsimg]

link

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Exellent post Karl always glad to see a well thought out and researched post,I think it's hilarious seeing the debunkers stepping on there words,just like anything,some people wouldn't believe anything,even if it was bitting them in the ass end starred and flagged

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Oldtimer, thanks for the reply bud and you're not wrong about some of these quotes being pretty darn interesting.

Below are two more military pilot eyewitness reports from a UFO encounter over Britain in October, 1952 -the objects were said to be correlated on radar and the television interviews are also found at the thread.

Testimony:

"It was something supernatural. I immediately thought of course, of saucers, because that's actually what they looked like. They were not leaving a condensation trail as I knew we were. They were circular and appeared to be stationary. We continued to climb to twice that height [to 30,000 feet] and as we did so they did in fact change position. They took on a slightly different perspective. For example the higher we got they lost their circular shape and took on more of a 'flat plate' appearance - like when you hold a tea-saucer above your head and look at it, and then bring it down to your eye-level, it loses the circular shape and becomes a flat plate."

"At one time the objects, which were still very much in view, appeared to go from one side of us to the other, and to make quite sure it was not an illusion caused by us in our aeroplane moving to one side, I checked that we were absolutely still on a very steady heading, and sure enough they had moved across to the starboard side of the aircraft."

"We got to the top of the climb and I decided that really there was nothing much we could do. I was too shaken by what I had seen and decided to call the exercise off and go back to base. I called up Air Traffic Control at Rissington and said I had three unidentified objects fairly close and gave them my course. I understand later that there was a certain amount of pandemonium on the ground because they weren't used to having their own staff instructors calling up saying 'we have got three unidentified flying objects in front, what do we do?' They didn't know what to do either."

Flight Lieutenant Michael Swiney

And:

"I remember doing the 35,000 foot check and Mick, who was in the front seat, said: 'David, did you have anything to drink at lunchtime?' and I said: 'No, why?' and he said: 'Is your oxygen on?' and I replied: 'Mick, we've just done the 30,000 foot check and you checked with me that your oxygen was alright and I checked with you that my oxygen was alright,' then he said: 'Well, look at that - straight ahead!'

"Mick [who was in the front seat] put his head to one side and I looked straight through the D-window and there were three dots ahead, [initially] they wouldn't have been bigger than my thumb-nail at arm's length and there were certainly three of them. I looked up from time to time and saw they were approaching and getting further and further apart. What I saw looked like the bottom of a stemmed glass. They were lens shaped, like an ellipse and the sun was behind them, and there was no cloud at that height. It was impossible to tell the size of them or how far away they were.

"I was thinking all the time that I've got to make this a good exercise and didn't want to muff it by looking around at extraneous things, but Mick kept talking about them and saying that he thought they were UFOs so I thought: 'Oh yes, well let's go after them!' thinking well now we can stop doing the exercise and we can officially say we are off the hook. But he didn't, he said: 'Oh Lord no, don't you remember something that happened on the West Coast of America where a couple of pilots went after one of these things and they all got vapourised and they have never been seen since.' I then asked him what he intended to do, and with that he called Air Traffic Control at Little Rissington and said what he could see and within a very short time he said: 'I have control', he turned the aircraft and we headed back to base."

Royal Navy Lieutennant David Crofts

The Little Rissington UFO Incident.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Great quote found at the start of the video from the late Dr J. Allen Hynek - Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join