It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biological Coincidences...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm starting this thread in an attempt to gather as much info on all of the recent biological scares. I have gathered a few articles that seem very coincidental....but I would love all of the other info that any of you can add....

First this:
www.usatoday.com...

Then this:

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.cnn.com...

and this:
www.theage.com.au...

now this:
www.associatedcontent.com...
this:
www.chron.com...
this:www.bloomberg.com...
this:blogs.discovermagazine.com...
and this:edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No one has anything to add? I understand there are a lot of threads on these subjects, but I thought a place to consolidate all the info might be nice....

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
quite a few of the stories and alerts, both local and wider-spread can be found here

not to get too tinfoil here, but ran into this looking for something else

Grounding a Pandemic

June 6, 2005
Grounding a Pandemic
By BARACK OBAMA and RICHARD LUGAR

Washington — When we think of the major threats to our national security, the first to come to mind are nuclear proliferation, rogue states and global terrorism. But another kind of threat lurks beyond our shores, one from nature, not humans - an avian flu pandemic. An outbreak could cause millions of deaths, destabilize Southeast Asia (its likely place of origin), and threaten the security of governments around the world.

Earlier this year, Dr. Julie L. Gerberding, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, called the possibility of avian flu spreading from Southeast Asia "a very ominous situation for the globe." A killer flu could spread around the world in days, crippling economies in Southeast Asia and elsewhere. From a public health standpoint, Dr. Gerberding said, an avian flu outbreak is "the most important threat that we are facing right now."

International health experts say that two of the three conditions for an avian flu pandemic in Southeast Asia have already been met. First, a new strain of the virus, called A(H5N1), has emerged, and humans have little or no immunity to it. Second, this strain can jump between species. The only remaining obstacle is that A(H5N1) has not yet mutated into a form that is easily transmitted from human to human.

Note the authors. the rest of the story at link

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Another one confirmed

new topics

top topics

join