It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set image to be my avatar but it isn't showing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've just uploaded my photo my photo album in the new media portal area. Beneath my pic were some options, one was to "set image to avatar" or similar so I chose that option but it has not worked... tried 4 times

Went to my account settings page where there is a box to place "image url" which previously contained the url to my pic that was on photobucket...so I deleted that url for good measure , leaving the box blank and still it doesn't work

Tried re-uploading the image after this and once again choosing the option to set it as my avatar....I go to my account settings again and that avatar url box is still blank and no image is showing on my public profile page or on any threads I've posted on

Could a mod enter my account and sort it for me ? Not sure what else to do , I've followed the instructions and nothing's happening

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Now go back to your photos in your media and
copy and paste "Use as ATS Avatar" url into the now blank spot in the "Your ATS Account Settings"

[edit on 24-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Slayer told you correct. When you click use as avatar it makes it the avatar for the media site. Copy paste the url in the avatar slot in account settings and you will be good to go. I made the same mistake a few times myself so don't feel bad.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
sorted ! I didn't realize I had to click on my actual picture first, this should be made clear but it isn't ! oh well, got there in the end, thanks for your help

[edit on 24/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Did you double click your pick to bring it up as the full size pick. After you double click your pic it show the different urls. Give me a minute and I will give you a screen shot of what it looks like.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

it's okay, i did that once it occured to me, it wasn't laid out in any instructions so i didn't think to try that , it was pure chance that i did !

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I see you have got it figured out.
Nice by the way. I will go ahead and post what I was going to for other people.

Open album and click on the pic.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22ba707be262.jpg[/atsimg]

Use the URL that is pointed out [Use as ATS Avatar
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48989a596087.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

top topics

join