It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey speaks out against vaccination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

It is the line of thinking that a piece of paper makes you a professional that has inhibited the workforce of this country.

This statement I agree with 100%, read my posts above about why i used JC as an example. The man may know alot about the subject, that wasnt really my point and i should have used a better example.

So is the line of thinking that a celebrity is right because they play in a movie and people have seen them before. So they must be right. you have got to know what im talking about.

edit to add "so they must be right"

[edit on 15amu92007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good for Jim Carey for getting the message out!

It's up to each of us to personally weigh all the benefits and advantages of vaccinations for ourselves and our kids, and not to just blindly believe everthing told to us by the medical industry. I've noticed Merck (producer of the chicken pox and gardisal vaccines) using scare tactics and manipulating statistics in order to get people to use their vaccines. The doctors often don't know much about the vaccines they recommend (or the medicines they prescribe) than what the pharmaceutical reps tell them. We are the consumers of these products, and we need to know what's in them, what possible side effects we might experience, etc., just as with any other medication. So do your own research.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Just as you are an expert on other peoples knowledge? I suppose celebrities don't have the capacity to learn. Or is it people like you are envious that they have the money and celebrity to get their opinions listened to? I'm sure most people here on ATS/world would give anything to spread their opinion on a broader scale. It's only human that people want other people to listen to what THEY have to say, it's a comfort for us to know like minded people is it not?

I am pretty sure Jim Carrey knows more about autism/causes than the average person, since he's basically a step-father to an autistic child. But no, first hand experience isn't experience when you are a celebrity.....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
I never heard of this guy before. Is he a politician?

He could be related to MAriah carrey.

Although I have a feeling you know who he is, I will tell you. Jim Carrey is an actor. He has starred in such movies as "Ace Ventura", "Me Myself and Irene", "The Number 23" and much more.

Now apparently he is acting as a spokesman for the people who believe that some vaccines may be causing autism in some children.

I must say his article was well researched and well written.

I do not know much about this issue but I can tell you that his article has inspired me to go do my own research and come up with an opinion myself. I am impressed.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
well im really scared for my 3 nephews because they are regularly getting injection. i wanted persuade the parents but im afraid they'll think I'm paranoid..

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If find it amazing that celebrities feel that they have some sort of obligation to champion pet causes or rather try to force thier pet causes down our throats.

Whats more amazing is that people will immediatly rally to a celebrities cause and heed thier utterings as if they were a phrophet or something :shk: (its not just health care either mind you)

Why should I pay any attention to anything that Jim Carey about health care :shk: I mean he played a mean vanilla Ice in In Living Color, but to get health care recomendations from him

top topics

<< 1   >>

join