It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey speaks out against vaccination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Article

Full article above.

Recently, I was amazed to hear a commentary by CNN's Campbell Brown on the controversial vaccine issue. After a ruling by the 'special vaccine court' saying the Measles, Mumps, Rubella shot wasn't found to be responsible for the plaintiffs' autism, she and others in the media began making assertions that the judgment was in, and vaccines had been proven safe. No one would be more relieved than Jenny and I if that were true. But with all due respect to Ms. Brown, a ruling against causation in three cases out of more than 5000 hardly proves that other children won't be adversely affected by the MMR, let alone that all vaccines are safe. This is a huge leap of logic by anyone's standards. Not everyone gets cancer from smoking, but cigarettes do cause cancer. After 100 years and many rulings in favor of the tobacco companies, we finally figured that out.

He's certainly not on the sidelines on this. He's written up a long article with a few interesting points. It's quite well written actually, i'm surprised.

This is a topic which always brings about violent debates from both sides, so you do need to be prepared to deal with this when speaking publicly on the issue. I'd say it takes a lot of courage to do this so i commend him on having the courage to speak his mind on the topic.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

jim carry is about as much as a vaccine expert as Al gore is on the environment. that is the problem these days people are so tuned in to tv they listen to a star or a pretty face before that listen to an expert. mark my words that crap alone will mark the end as we know it..

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by T0by

jim carry is about as much as a vaccine expert as Al gore is on the environment.

Well, the son of his girlfriend, Jenny McCarthy suffers from autism. I don't think you are being fair about this, since if he loves the little guy, I am sure he has put some effort into researching this.

Did you even read the article?

I'm sure that if somebody you loved had this problem, you would find out as much as you could on the subject.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

reply to post by T0by

jim carry is about as much as a vaccine expert as Al gore is on the environment. that is the problem these days people are so tuned in to tv they listen to a star or a pretty face before that listen to an expert. mark my words that crap alone will mark the end as we know it..

Whats the difference? The experts time and time again have been proven to be on the new networks payroll.

Look at the lead up to the Afghanistan and Iraq war, all the "experts" that were on, simply pounding the war drums.

Same situation would be just as bad, if we had vaccination "experts" on they would all be saying oh they're safe don't worry... Not like I am condoning the use of celebrities to spread a message, just a case of both sides are just as bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

reply to post by T0by

Whats the difference? The experts time and time again have been proven to be on the new networks payroll.

Look at the lead up to the Afghanistan and Iraq war, all the "experts" that were on, simply pounding the war drums.

Good point.

I think the use of a celebrity speaking out like this is that it gives courage and validity to other people who wish to talk about it. Alot of people don't even know there is a debate on this topic.

I'm not going to strongly debate either side, but I will say i've never been vaccinated and i'm very healthy despite treating my body like crap over the past few years. ( Stopped now ) I rarely get sick and rarely got sick as a child.
Actually in school when I was young i'd often sit and watch other kids get sick with the very diseases they were immunized against, whilst I was always well. That's my small experience and about all I can say on the topic personally.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I never heard of this guy before. Is he a politician?

He could be related to MAriah carrey.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I could careless, The only reason he is doing it is because he has a pretty face and people will listen to him, for that reason alone. and the is why this country and world for that matter is so f@#$$d. the man is no expert, his opinion is null and void to me. and that is the only point i will argue here. we write papers here on ATS every day that doesnt make us experts does it? If you want to argue autism links to vaccine, we can go to the approate thread and do that, I can even dig one up for you because ive argued this point a million times and i can show you just as many studies supporting me as you can show me supporting you.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Actually in school when I was young i'd often sit and watch other kids get sick with the very diseases they were immunized against, whilst I was always well. That's my small experience and about all I can say on the topic personally.

I've gotten immunized for just about everything under the sun; my brother and sister, too. We've never gotten anything and rarely get sick, either.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

i couldnt have said it better myself and millions could echo that same point. to what a few thousand who have autisim and been vacinated how many people have autisim and not been vacinated, why dont we ever see those numbers in this argument. who is to say these kids wernt born with it because their parents droped one too many hits, so they could be cool with their friends. everyone wants to shift the blame away from theirself. now they have a spokes man. go team?

[edit on 15pmu92007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Article

Full article above.

Recently, I was amazed to hear a commentary by CNN's Campbell Brown on the controversial vaccine issue. After a ruling by the 'special vaccine court' saying the Measles, Mumps, Rubella shot wasn't found to be responsible for the plaintiffs' autism, she and others in the media began making assertions that the judgment was in, and vaccines had been proven safe. No one would be more relieved than Jenny and I if that were true. But with all due respect to Ms. Brown, a ruling against causation in three cases out of more than 5000 hardly proves that other children won't be adversely affected by the MMR, let alone that all vaccines are safe. This is a huge leap of logic by anyone's standards. Not everyone gets cancer from smoking, but cigarettes do cause cancer. After 100 years and many rulings in favor of the tobacco companies, we finally figured that out.

He's certainly not on the sidelines on this. He's written up a long article with a few interesting points. It's quite well written actually, i'm surprised.

This is a topic which always brings about violent debates from both sides, so you do need to be prepared to deal with this when speaking publicly on the issue. I'd say it takes a lot of courage to do this so i commend him on having the courage to speak his mind on the topic.

Its great to know Jim Carry got a medical degree.....Oh wait he didn't.

Al Gore is a politician not a Climatologist.
Jim Carry is a comedian not a Doctor.

Both of them need to stop influencing public opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I've gotten immunized for just about everything under the sun; my brother and sister, too. We've never gotten anything and rarely get sick, either.

I know, theres lots of varying stories on this matter. Which makes it hard to form a definite opinion sometimes. I'm fairly on the fence, but I will still listen to both sides with great interest.

However, I strongly disagree with people who defend vaccinations to the death.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

wow man, chill the fark out!

To be honest, I find comedians, more so 'depressed' comedians to be quite smart and witty.
Ive seen some interviews with him, he's an unbelievably complex and deep guy, he's not some Ritchie rich comedian.

True, because its him saying it doesn’t mean its true, or anything like that.
But, it does mean a message will go further, and be heard by more people. I’m sure if it was something you felt strongly about you'd be praising it and backing him up.

So long as they are speaking from their hearts/minds, and expressing a view that isn’t completely idiotic or out there, im happy to read it and debate it my mind.

We need these sort of people to speak up, these people aren’t hindered by the threat of losing their jobs. They have money, ability to get air time, ability to be heard.

Its up to the PEOPLE as to weather we want to read it.

The only reason he is doing it is because he has a pretty face and people will listen to him

Actually, he's doing it because its something he feels strongly about, has in his home and believes to be addressed.
Its not like he needs publicity or anything is it.

Second, he took the time to write this very good piece, edit it, and publish it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well spoken, thankyou

Like many here, I believe 9/11 had alot more to it than meets the eye. But if someone puts together a well informed and rational article stating the opposite, i'll greet it with respect.

Everyone should do the same for ANY topic.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
the jim carry article is interesting

dont see how it really relates to aliens or top secret

i agree w him.

vaccines

depends on how much human contact you have on a daily basis

a lot, so yeah i guess be safe take vaccines

yeah, but kids are more young , not fully developed immune system, so dont take til grown up

thanks, mike

personally i dont mess with medical stuff.

just exercise, be safe and take care of health, and pray to be safe

drive safe,
now back to top secret stuff

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
but wait a minute, if your kids are in school from young, on they are exposed to many people
so they could get an infectious disease from someone, some kid, so..

do what your doctor says, ..and I dont know, im not an expert on viruses

i did hear that they are possibly implanted by aliens, because they are so special and complicated an so incredibly tiny

we shoudl be lucky that we now have,,,

the technology,,,

to see,,, viruses, and that technology is the electron microscope,,

so , just to see viruses is a big deal

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

hey Agit8dChop, its been a while. I hope you have been well.

I too have seen some interviews with Jim. and you are right he seems to be a pasionate guy and very down to earth. I should have been more general in my post about this. I really wasnt trying to single him out, he was just the example at hand. I have nothing aginst him. My point was actors in general have this notion that they alone sway the masses and sadly it is true to some extent. They use their status more than facts to push their agendas. Trust me I will still watch Jim's movies. they guy is funny as hell. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Edit to add: There are some actors who are spokes men for things i am passionate about. and it does take the message to a level others couldnt. but facts should play a bigger part than a persons status. that is just how i feel, sorry.

[edit on 15amu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Jim Carrey has been dating Jenny McCArthy for years and they both have been fighting the vaccine assault for quite some time.

Jenny McCArthy gives JC full credit for curing her son of autism. Because of his unusal ways, he has a way of bringing children out. She even calls him teh autism whisperer.

So yes, I imagine he does know a little on the subject.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

That is a very very broad analysis.

It could be argued that the kids who got sick were not breastfed,which gives them antibodies. Or were given bad diets, suffered from more stress. There are many factors into sickness. And a personal account doesn't make the rule.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis_4400

I have met smart garbagemen and dumb doctors. I study psychology as a hobby. I only took 101 in school. I am passionate about it. I don't go into therapy anymore because I know way more then the therapists I see.

It is the line of thinking that a piece of paper makes you a professional that has inhibited the workforce of this country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join