It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just received this e-mail from my congressman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I just received this e-mail from my congressman. I find it a little disturbing. Please read this and give me your takes. I am also going to post my return e-mail to him.

It seems illogical to hire a boatload of policemen when the country is so far in debt our entire economy may very well dissolve within a year. Unless, of course, you are expecting a dire need for them in the short term. Any person capable of cognitive thought would understand that the country cannot afford this right now and it would be much more logical to wait a year or so until the economy can recover before spending more large chunks of money.

Dear Mr. Visclosky, I just received this e-mail from you:

"Dear Darryl, I know that people are concerned about crime and safety in our community, and I have some good news to share with you on crime fighting efforts. This week, the House of Representatives passed the COPS Improvements Act of 2009, important legislation that I cosponsored to ensure that our local law enforcement officers have the tools and resources they need to keep our community safe. The bill renews and expands Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) programs for law enforcement hiring, community prosecutors, and technology grants. COPS has a proven track record of success in Northwest Indiana and across the country. Since it was created in 1994, COPS has sent nearly $23 million in grants to Northwest Indiana that have helped 29 police departments and law enforcement agencies put 267 new officers on the streets. Additionally, COPS grants have helped our local law enforcement procure crime-fighting technologies that help officers more efficiently patrol our communities and added 30 school resources officers to improve safety in our schools. The COPS Improvements Act of 2009 will help us build on those accomplishments through the following key provisions: * Invests $1.25 billion per year to hire an estimated 50,000 officers nationwide over the next five years; * Authorizes $350 million per year for Technology Grants to develop, implement, and train officers in new crime-fighting technologies; * Establishes $200 million per year for the Community Prosecutors Program to support local prosecutors; * Supports the implementation of innovative programs to reduce and prevent the manufacture, distribution, and use of illegal drugs; and * Creates new Troops-to-Cops grants to help hire former members of the Armed Forces as career law enforcement officers. I am very proud of Northwest Indiana’s law enforcement officers and am pleased to provide them with these new resources so that they may continue to keep our community safe.

Sincerely, Congressman Pete Visclosky
Signature Pete Visclosky Member of Congress"

Here is the response I e-mailed him back (it is all part of the same e-mail and since I included his original e-mail in my response I am only using this space to seperate the two.

Does this have anything to do with the fema camps? Does the government anticipate a revolt of some sort for which you are preparing? Sir, I need to know this information as well so I can take the appropriate measures to ensure my family's safety should some kind of violent revolt erupt within this country, for as we all are well aware, these revolts do not just aim their anger at you the government, but also at people like me and my family. I need to know if I need to arm myself and my family and start stocking up on non-perishables and water? Can you PLEASE respond to this? We all know full well that you folks in Washington have really angered the population of this country, almost everyone I talk to feels betrayed by our government. I will not take part in any sort of violent revolution; however, I will defend my family should that violence find its way to my community. Why did you people have to do this to the American people? It simply is not fair for my family to get drug into some violent acts of idiots whom do not know how to address problems in a civil manner. You people had to keep pushing and keep stealing from the American people and giving it to your already rich banker friends, now my family's safety may be put in jeopardy due to your incompetence. Sadly I too fear that something violent is coming our way and even more sadly many innocent people will have to suffer because our representation in Washington mistakenly thought they represented the elite of the country instead of the taxpayers.

Also I would like to ask about the 3 vials of virus missing from the Army base in Md. I find it rather curious that this virus which affects mainly horses but can be transmitted to humans through mosquitoes is announced missing a few days after 30 horses just drop dead in Fl. Now, I read that there is a deadly virus with flu like symptoms on the loose in Mexico. Could it be possible that the media reports on this virus pertain to the original strain when they state that it's mortality rate in humans is only 1% and that the Army in Md. has created new strains? What in God's name is the Army doing with a horse virus to begin with? Are we planning on attacking a country that's military rides on horses? There is absolutely NO REASON for the Army to be in possession of a horse virus, unless of course it is being weaponized.

Do you think you could do the taxpayers a little favor here and look into this? I know it is a terrible burden to have to look out for the people that pay your salary, but I am asking you to make an exception here and do the right thing.

Cordially, Darryl E. Galasso

[edit on 4/23/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just got another letter from him addressing an e-mail I sent him a week ago. Someone once said on here that computers scan their e-mails and generate responses based on the scan results.

I wish I could remember who posted that because I would like to congratulate them on their accuracy. The e-mail he sent me was so ambiguous it contained only a few of the same words as what I wrote to him and absolutely did not even mention what I wrote to him about, but captured key words and generated a response from those which had nothing to do with the context of the e-mail.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Very good. You have to wonder if your congressmen is scratching his head now. -) Lovely letter, I wish I could see his face.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

I bet you just made it on a couple of new lists. You are probably head of the class. You might as well just written him:

"Hi! My name is Darryl and I am a nut case. Let me give you the grounds to lock me up in a nut house, because I appear to be delusional and a potential danger to society."

Not that I am saying your crazy. That is just how they could use that against you.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I just got another letter from him addressing an e-mail I sent him a week ago. Someone once said on here that computers scan their e-mails and generate responses based on the scan results

Yes, such programs are called auto-responders.
If you want a brief description of them, here is a wiki link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Virtually all Congressional members use them.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That was a brilliant email.

Weaponized horse virus? Are you serious? This is not good.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber

i agree...you should move out as soon as possible, there is bound to be a knock on your door. this type of e-mail tends to freak out congressmen in this day and age. i think you should be looking over your shoulder from now on. good luck!!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DG

Does this have anything to do with the fema camps? Does the government anticipate a revolt of some sort for which you are preparing? Sir, I need to know this information as well so I can take the appropriate measures to ensure my family's safety should some kind of violent revolt erupt within this country, for as we all are well aware, these revolts do not just aim their anger at you the government, but also at people like me and my family.

Cordially, DEG

[edit on 4/23/2009 by DG]

That's all fine and good Darryl, However, I'm so bold as to critique your correspondence. Here's some good info I'm sure that many will agree...

Don't post your REAL name into a globally accessible forum any more than you want to put your primary email address there either.

Also, the introduction of your email screams "conspiracy theorist & please disregard the rest of my email."

Reword any such correspondence with vague references such as ...

Your increased budget for police and security services is commendable on behalf of, we the people, however, with combined governmental budgets stressed so severely, it's my belief that the huge amounts of money that you have allocated to increasing our security is misdirected.

I'm concerned by many rumors; concerned for the safety and well-being of my family; concerned that rumors of a violent revolt may become a reality and I don't want my family caught up in the middle of it. I'm not alone in my observations.

.... Rest of the email ...

I anxiously await your reply. Any specifics and details regarding our current state of security would be greatly appreciated; not only be me but I'm sure that ALL of your constituents would appreciate a public statement.

Something like that...

Edit to remove your name from the quote, oops, heh.

[edit on 4·23·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You may have gotten a letter about the COPS program because so many state's "counties" are now applying for help from it. Many counties here in Northern California have had to freeze hiring and let go alot of personel due to budget constraints. They have even had to ask many vetern officers to accept a small payment to retire early.
I can understand how alarming something like this may sound, BUT right now many states are at witt's end as to how to keep their police force's employed and on the street's. This program helps more disadvantaged area's get the funds they need to at least run for a few more month's till they can find other way's to work around the budget constraint's.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

I bet you just made it on a couple of new lists. You are probably head of the class. You might as well just written him:

"Hi! My name is Darryl and I am a nut case. Let me give you the grounds to lock me up in a nut house, because I appear to be delusional and a potential danger to society."

Not that I am saying your crazy. That is just how they could use that against you.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

Its probably a good thing I saved copies of the e-mail then on 2 computers as well as made 2 hard copies. So if they want to come after me so be it. I did not do anything illegal. I made no threats and even went as far as to say I would not partake in any violent revolt. Everything I wrote to the guy was legitimate concerns of mine. As for being a nut case, perhaps I am, but one should bear in mind that the fema issue has already been brought up on fox news in the morning as well as that bonehead beck's show (I do however find his show entertaining most of the time).

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't think opening with a question about FEMA camps is a good move...

On the other hand, I know that where I live people were worried about budget cuts and the COPS program because apparently it's a great service to the community, although I usually never come across it in my daily life.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber

Sorry to correct your assessment of what I said; however, the weaponization part was said in the context of: what business does the Army have with a horse virus UNLESS it is for weaponization purposes. And that question still stands and if any of you know the answer please do share it. What purpose does the Army have for a horse virus???????

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Did you already send? Because I have some grammatical and editing points that I would suggest to clean it up a little, and give it a professional look.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

That's all fine and good Darryl, However, I'm so bold as to critique your correspondence. Here's some good info I'm sure that many will agree...

Don't post your REAL name into a globally accessible forum any more than you want to put your primary email address there either.

Also, the introduction of your email screams "conspiracy theorist & please disregard the rest of my email."

As far as my real name goes I am not ashamed of it. Thomas Jefferson once said:

"One man with courage is a majority."

I am not afraid to use my real name, here or anywhere. There was once a time in this country when people were actually known by their real names and were not afraid to use them. It does however surprise me that people (not you specifically as I do not know your position) always come on here talking of how tough they are and how their gonna take up arms..etc yet when it comes right down to it, they are too afraid to even use their name. How do you think these people are going to respond when they are confronted by someone and don't have an audience to draw courage from? We have a copious amount of people in this country that hide behind different identities or what have you, I choose to be proud of who I am and am not afraid to use my name.

I am not hiding from anyone, that is my nature. It always has been and it always will be.

To address my introduction, first off that was better than half way through the letter so its not really an introduction. Second, I have written this guy 7 or 8 times over the last 5 years and his response to me has yet to address what I wrote to him about, and he just did it again today (read above). So what is to lead me to believe he will address it this time, perhaps my mind set was to incite him to actually read the e-mail this time (you never know what a person's intent is unless you ask or they make it obvious).

Thanks for the response and the recommendations though I do appreciate your concern.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 4/23/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Did you already send? Because I have some grammatical and editing points that I would suggest to clean it up a little, and give it a professional look.

I did and I also saw some flaws in it as well. And the person that noted the Fema camps part was absolutely right, I should have worded that different, reading over it again, it does give the impression I am a nut case. Plus I should have used "who's" instead of "that's" when referring to another country's military.

Thanks for the offer though, I should have had a second set of eyes read it before I sent it, a lesson I was taught a hundred times in college, yet still never learn.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

i agree...you should move out as soon as possible, there is bound to be a knock on your door. this type of e-mail tends to freak out congressmen in this day and age. i think you should be looking over your shoulder from now on. good luck!!

Nah, the only thing it will do is drive the Auto-Responder program crazy. I'd love to see the generated letter as a result of the key words you had in your response.
99& of Congress never once reads a single letter, believe me. That I know for a fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Nah, the only thing it will do is drive the Auto-Responder program crazy. I'd love to see the generated letter as a result of the key words you had in your response.
99& of Congress never once reads a single letter, believe me. That I know for a fact.

If I get a response I will post it for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My roommate wrote a letter to one of our Congressmen once stating his opposition to some bill he didn't like. The Congressman wrote him back, thanking my roommate for voicing his support for the bill and assuring him that his plans were to vote in support of the bill as well.

Somebody on ATS posted several correspondences with a Congressperson that had similar results, but I don't recall who or on what thread.

Maybe we should start sending letters in the form of those "type the word in the box" security devices that web sites use these days? Scan that, A HOLE!

I guess calling repeatedly until you get through on the phone is the only way you can actually make contact with a congressperson anymore. I wonder if that even works?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Dude....you are SO on the terrorist watch list now.

I'll clue you in on the biggest little secret: The LIES are different on every level.

He has no idea about the FEMA camps, horse flue.etc. You just came off like a complete and total wackjob to him and his staff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join