It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Know - Guns -vs- Govt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
video.google.com:80...

now this lady should be totally against guns... they killed her family and she still supports the second ammendment...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

now this lady should be totally against guns... they killed her family

Nope, guns didn't kill her family, psychos did. This lady is smart enough to make the distinction but, unfortunately, a lot of people out there aren't.

TA

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well maybe she gets it. That is, what rights are. What too many people forget is that rights are more important than your life or my life or anybody's. Your right to have a gun is more important than my life. After all, what good is life without rights? What good is a right or a belief that you're not willing to give your life for? Others have died so you could have it? Are you not willing to die to keep it?

I wish more people understand that life is always temporary. It's not like you escape death if you just always do the right thing. Eventually it gets you anyway. Getting rid of guns wouldn't save anyone's life. It would simply extend it in some cases and shorten it in cases where you can't defend yourself.

A lifetime seems like a long time, but it's really not. Remember even if you think guns do kill, a few days extension or even a year or even several decades of my life isn't worth the cost of society losing its rights forever.

For example, if I said to you, a man would have lived another day had they gotten rid of the Second Amendment. Would you throw away everyone's rights for just one day? How about 2 days? How about a year? How about 80? How many years is it worth to you?

We're all temporary. We can all live a little while with rights, or a little while without rights. The choice is up to all of us.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by tinfoilman]

new topics

join