It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slash population to save the world: green lobbyist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Slash population to save the world: green lobbyist

www.theage.com.au

Australia should consider having a one-child policy to protect the planet, an environmental lobby group says.

Sustainable Population Australia says slashing the world's population is the only way to avoid "environmental suicide".

National president Sandra Kanck wants Australia's population of almost 22 million reduced to seven million to tackle climate change.

And restricting each couple to one baby, as China does, is "one way of assisting to reduce the population".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well there you have it folks. I heard them talking about this on Alex Jones show. Now they're saying that we MUST do it. We need to do it to tackle climate change.

So, there is depopulation on the agenda for combating climate change.

Remember-- we all thought that combating climate change used to be a good thing. Now we know that the elites are just using it to further their agenda for population reduction for a world government.

I say it's about time we fight back. I can't stand this much longer.

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
No question 6 billion ppl is way too many. I don't like the idea of limiting parents to just one kid but i do think tax breaks for parents should be done away with. No more exemptions for dependent children.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It really, as I've been preaching, would be much easier, to find a technological advance to fight the climate change (if it is true) then it would murdering and stopping reproduction.

*snip*

I heard about a year ago, a machine that removes 1 tonne of C02 in the atmospher per day, that would take the would back C02 wise to before the stage it started going up.

Is that such a bad idea to use? Oh wait, it's much easier just to kill something off, oh god, humanity at it's best.

Mod Edit: Removed racist comment.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I say it's about time we fight back. I can't stand this much longer.

OK... I'll bite...

How are you going to fight back?

Since you can't stand this much longer... you must have some solution to this?

I am willing to hear your thoughts on this dilemma....

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheDrama

I'm thinking we should protest over here in the USA like they do in Europe. For one.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
It really, as I've been preaching, would be much easier, to find a technological advance to fight the climate change (if it is true) then it would murdering and stopping reproduction.

It's not just about climate change. Too damn many people in the world anyway. Even america is way way too crowded.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

That's what they want you to think.

However, climate change has nothing to do with population. Politicians are just using excuses to make more regulations and take away more and more freedom.

I'm sick of this BS. Is anyone else picking up how politicians use lame excuses over and over just to push for more and more regulations and more control of things?

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Social Engineers are drooling over the prospect of being able to exercise that kind of control over the population.

Considering the very real advances in genetics, this could be a terribly real threat to nature. Artificially restraining reproduction cannot be part of a natural paradigm of ecology.

Good Luck my friends, please be well, and stay safe.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
as a species we without a doubt MASSIVELY exceed the carrying capacity of the planet.

i agree, our population must be reduced in size for our species survival as well as the survival of many other species on the planet.

how this is to be achieved is what makes this diabolical or rational and good.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Correct me if I am wrong...

Aren't there almost continuous protests of some sort happening in the US???

What type of protests are you thinking of? and how many protests are you currently and previously involved in?

What have you done so far?

[edit on 4/22/09 by SaveTheDrama]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think everyone who thinks there are too many people in the world should do the right thing and kill themselves to save the planet.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Our population isn't very large compared to others in the region. We are only 21 million and the countries to the north of us have billions of people and faster birth rates. If we were to cut our population by that much we would make ourselves more vunerable to invasion. We currently have one of the highest immigration rates in the world and one of the reasons we take on so many limits is the experts told us to grow or perish, now we are told shrink or perish? Anyway if we do I hope we reduce immigration before we make laws to prevent people having the number of children they desire.

Australia

Net migration rate: 6.23 migrant(s)/1,000 population

www.cia.gov...

US for comparison purposes. Who also has one of the highest rates and I'm using just to show how high our rate is.

Net migration rate: 4.31 migrant(s)/1,000 population

www.cia.gov...

From the article.

"She did not suggest restrictions to immigration, saying Australia should take responsibility for cutting its own population instead of barring entry to others."

However once they are here they are expected to agree to a one child policy? Umm... one of the reasons people want to come here is because we have greater freedoms then the countries they are fleeing. Anyway her plan is only going to make a difference if all nations do it. Western countries have low birth rates anyway, many have negitive population growth without immigration as it is.

I don't have any children myself and don't plan to but that's my choice and I would fight for peoples right to have as many children as they wish. You can encourage people not to have too many children but once it's made law and enforced by the government I can only see it causing suffering.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheDrama
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Correct me if I am wrong...

Isn't there almost continuous protests of some sort happening in the US???

What type of protests are you thinking of? and how many protests are you currently and previously involved in?

What have you done so far?

I haven't been involved in any protests since I've been able to take it up until this point... but I'm extremely mad right now. Most of the protests we have are involving the fed, the military, and the tax issue and the bailouts but we haven't had any protests on this issue yet. I think there needs to be some here.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I will let you in on a little known secret "Make Speed Limit 45"

The planet does not need help in reducing populations, it has done it since the dawn of time, drought, starvation as well as natural disasters.

If you are the type who thinks we are over populated and we need to do something about it, many people would not care if you led the way by reducing your numbers as well as gene pool.
People who preach the world is over populated are very hypercritical when they decide that someone else should sacrifice and they have children themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I haven't been involved in any protests since I've been able to take it up until this point... but I'm extremely mad right now. Most of the protests we have are involving the fed, the military, and the tax issue and the bailouts but we haven't had any protests on this issue yet. I think there needs to be some here.

So..... You can handle the FED, military and tax issue with no rage...

while most of the country is raging about one of the three...

Yet, you feel this news of someone in Australia discussing the expansion of the one child per family is somehow going over the line?

I am confused

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Again, let me repeat myself. Up until this point I've been able to handle it without getting mad.

I'm actually considering going to the end the fed protest at April 25th, 2009 in DC...

I can't stand it anymore.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Until we find some way to artificially create all resources out of thin air, we have to assume our resources are limited.

What was it? Every 7 years, we use more energy than our entire history accumulated?

Think about that... take the entire history of mankind... take all the energy used... in the next 7 years, we will use more energy than that entire history.

Crazy.
And somehow we're supposed to sustain that.

Unfortunately, the majority of human beings are too stupid to restrain themselves.
They either can't figure out how to use a condom, or seem to have some idiotic assumption that having lots of children brings prosperity.

It'll end up badly one way or another.
- Forced breeding compliance.
- Forced population culling.
- Rapid spread disease due to human proximity.
- Famine.
- World resource war.

Personally my favorite is the world resource war.

Survival of the fittest will ensure the intelligent offspring who's parents focused on them one to one will survive better than the dime-a-dozen children from the over-breeders.

But you can't expect to continue populating at this rate and have everyone fed and happy.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Again, let me repeat myself. Up until this point I've been able to handle it without getting mad.
I'm actually considering going to the end the fed protest at April 25th, 2009 in DC...
I can't stand it anymore.

Whatever you decide, be careful and stay safe.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Without immigration many western nations would already have negative population growth. So there is evidence population growth can be reduced without the government putting limits on the amount of children people can have. Japan is a perfect example of this, they don't have much immigration so their population growth is negitive. Most Eastern European countries also have negitive population growth. China on the other hand has high population growth despite the attempt to enforce a one child policy. So the nation who has actually tried to reduce population by government inforcement has higher growth then places like Japan where the government actually encourages people to have Children. The statistics on this site are very interesting. Take some time to have a look.

www.cia.gov...

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Jacob08]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join