It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Animal Skeleton Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The discovery of an unidentified animal skeleton in the Erongo mountains near Usakos is causing excitement at the coast.

Some people are even speculating that it could be a dinosaur.

The 25 cm long skeleton, still mostly intact with skin in places, has very long hind legs and short front legs.

A geologist who saw it said it was definitely not older than 10 000 years, especially as the skin was still intact.

He ruled out the possibility that it could be a dinosaur.

Nobody has so far been able to identify the animal.

It was found by a man only known as Theophillus in a cave in the Erongo mountains about a year ago.

He was apparently digging for crystals when he saw the skeleton embedded in sand stone.

He was able to carve the skeleton out.

Thinking it could be worth something, he took it to the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET), according to Bully Thorburn, a businessman from Swakopmund who has been keeping the skeleton safe.

Theophillus's son, Errol Geingob, took the skeleton to Thorburn last week for safekeeping.

He said that MET was not willing to pay his father for the skeleton and they had struggled for almost a year to get it back.

Thorburn said if it was worth something he would make sure the money went to the person who found it.

He speculated that it might be an unborn animal.

Thorburn said anyone who might be able to identify the animal was welcome to contact him on 081 128 2004.

allafrica.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I hate stories like that that dont have pictures included

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I know what you mean. I am keeping my eyes peeled for them though, so hopefully something will turn up soon.

join