It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Open Internet Under Imminent Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

EU Open Internet Under Imminent Threat

rense.com

The excuse is to control the flow of music, films and entertainment content against the alleged piracy by downloading for free, using P2P file-sharing. However, the real victims of this plan will be all Internet users and the democratic and independent access to information, culture goods.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If this checks out, people will be offered TV/cable-like packages - with a limited number of options for you to access. This opens the door for broadband providers to limit the websites that you look at (which I think all ATSers instinctively know, would open the door up for censorship of the e-media).

Frankly, I think that this is a horrible idea. Can anybody corroborate this?

rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hopefully more people get the picture about what´s going on in Europe.

I started a tread in this subject earlier but with little response.

Problem also seems to be that theres little material about the issue in english but I´ll try to find as much as I can.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

I looked for another thread, but didn't see one. Nice find.

When I watch the way that the mainstream outlets control the news, I think that this is a major issue that we should all be watching very closely.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks!

In Sweden there are great diskussions and polls started on various sites because sadly enough it all started here with prohibition laws that limits access to various parts of the internet.

Sweden is no longer a free nation and it appears to go in the vast direction of George Orwells 1984...

new topics

top topics

join