It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optimal Settings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me or show me how to set the optimal settings for BOINC use. I run a Dell Dimension 8100 with one 20 gb hd and one 100 gb hard drive, 1.2 gbs of ram, 1.4mhz p4, cable connection. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
DUDE! You got a Dell!!!

Ok, the first thing you do is take your computer, pick it up... make you sure you have a firm grip... seek out and find the highest point in your dwelling (well, in your case, maybe you better go find a tree!), and heft that mother as hard and as far as you can...

OPTIMIZED!!!

Hey, did muzz get ahold of you?

DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Hey, did muzz get ahold of you?

DC

Yess I passed his application to Advisor and I havent heard anything since.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
...havent heard anything since...
Yeah, it can take a few days. I'll let muzz know so the newbie doesn't think he's being ignored.

WWRCD?
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Got everything set up and running. Submitted my first entry tonight. Thanks for your help. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
Got everything set up and running. Submitted my first entry tonight. Thanks for your help. -Muzz

Hi muzz!!

Way to go - I like the banner signature incidentally - great job!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Genya, I keep trying to joing the ATS SETI team, but I keep getting an error after entering my e-mail and password. Any clues to help? -Muzz

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
Genya, I keep trying to joing the ATS SETI team, but I keep getting an error after entering my e-mail and password. Any clues to help? -Muzz

Hi muzz!!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties

First thing, the Index contains some possibly useful information about this eg

How can I join your SETI@home group? -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've got SETI@home installed -

You might also look at -

As you'll realise, SETI@home is now in its final stages, as the transition to BOINC grows ever closer muzz. So, it *might* be an issue that less resources are given to SETI@home at present, which is causing difficulties? (Mere, uninformed speculation on my behalf). However, every time I upload a WU to SETI@home, I notice an attendant increase in the totla number of people running SETI@home - and, indeed, even the ATS SETI@home team has had people joining/ leaving, so perhaps it's "just one of those things"?

I realise how frustrating this is muzz - I couldn't download SETI@home myself for about a year until I "struck lucky" in July 2001, when all of a sudden I was able to do so... When you think about it, servicing nearly 5 million users from SETI@home is no mean achievemnt, so perhaps we have to expect "dificulties" now and again?

Keep trying muzz - and hopefully it will come right?!

top topics

join