It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Ad: Want to be a Cop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I began seeing this following ad on facebook:

The first two lines of the ad goes like this:
"Want to be a cop? The government is hiring like crazy!"
It then goes on to describe how easy it is to be a cop and the decent pay.

I constantly post conspiracy related material on facebook, such as news articles, clips, articles I write myself about the NWO [so that people can understand where the material and such fit in], and have in no way ever expressed interest in becoming a cop. This means that the ad is targeted to EVERYONE.

recruiting the youth?

thoughts?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've advertised on Facebook before. When you're designing the ad you pick a list of topics which will determine who sees the ad, so they probably just picked a certain age bracket, I can't remember exactly what categories there were, but there were a lot.

I think you're looking too far into it. The last couple of years in NZ there has been a massive campaign to get people to join the police. "Get better work stories, join the police" is part of the slogan. The fact is we didn't have enough cops, and that's why they advertised.

I'd know, my father is in the force

[edit on 21/4/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Would that be targeted in the USA or in Canada or in both? I haven't seen those ads before. I am constantly getting the 'Try new make up' ads even though I don't wear the stuff.

I don't think there is any conspiracy about it. I posted an ad once on Facebook and you can chose a certain demographic. Maybe they are being advertised because of your age or location?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

The advertisements are based on certain keywords within your submissions to Facebook.

It's set up this way specifically. ATS does it too with certain websites.

I've ordered pizza online and consistently everywhere I go on ATS I see that pizza companies advertisements, as well as Facebook, and other forums.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with being a cop or wanting to be a cop or wanting a youth program for being a cop? Geez o peez... Ever heard the term "the thin blue line"? You guys act like all cops are awful, but it's only a rare few who have a prob.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero
What the hell is wrong with being a cop or wanting to be a cop or wanting a youth program for being a cop? Geez o peez... Ever heard the term "the thin blue line"? You guys act like all cops are awful, but it's only a rare few who have a prob.

Just to clarify I never said there was anything wrong with being a Cop.

I only let the original poster know his apparent dilema was due to keywords.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I've never written the word "cop" on facebook, nor have I ever expressed interest.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I've been seeing two different cop/police ads on myspace.com recently as well.

I wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

This site: www.golivewire.com... shows one of them and two more that I have not seen personally.

I wonder who/what orginization is responsible for the ads?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Advertising on Facebook? That's nothing.

At my secondary school we had an army recruitment officer turn up and do an "assembly" on several occasions.

What he also used to do was target the classes where the "less clever" kids were placed - who would be FAR more likely to join the army (don't wish to be stereotypical, but its true). My friends brother went to my school, and was in the "less clever" classes - or "lower set" and joined the army - went to Iraq and had his legs blown off by a roadside bomb two days short of him finishing his tour, aged 19.

That same recruitment officer - I remember him - came to my sixth form college attempting to recruit for the army literally months after what happened to my friends brother.

They target less academic children to sign up for the army on the promise of a good salary and perks, but don't mention what happens to REAL people, ie my friends brother who will be in a wheel-chair for the rest of his life. This is fundamentally wrong. They should not be allowed to do this - targeting children for their illegal wars.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I worked for two days for the paedos(police), in england as a civilan, in oxford, and you would never meet more horrid people.

Stay away from those people if you are a decent person.

new topics

top topics

join