It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to cut $100 million from budget. Wow. Just wow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Barack Obama has called for budget cuts totalling a whopping (sarcasm) $100 million in the next 90 days.

Wow.

www.time.com...

(WASHINGTON) — President Barack Obama convenes his first formal Cabinet meeting Monday and will ask department and agency chiefs to look for ways over the next 90 days to cut $100 million out of the federal budget, a senior administration official said.

That represents about one-twentieth of one percent of the federal deficit for March alone!!

To put it in perspective:

To put those numbers in perspective, imagine that the head of a household with annual spending of $100,000 called everyone in the family together to deal with a $34,000 budget shortfall. How much would he or she announce that spending had be cut? By $3 over the course of the year--approximately the cost of one latte at Starbucks. The other $33,997? We can put that on the family credit card and worry about it next year.

www.weeklystandard.com...

He throws hundreds of billions to the bankers, and he insults us by giving the average taxpayer a thirteen dollar a week rebate (yes, it's a rebate, not a tax cut) and then announcing he wants to cut a drop in the bucket.

This guy is a real joke.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Haha, and some people think that politics is real. I wonder if politicians and presidents and the such sit at home at night and just roll on the floor laughing at how utterly ignorant the people are.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm a bit confused, why would you even be pround of 100 million budget cut? Those are pennies...and really they are pennies compared to the amount of money that's been spent in the past 6 months on banks and other failing industries.

And to think I was caught up in the hype before the election, man that's weak.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Shoot they pry reimburse more charitable donations at the end of the year than that. If someone donates to charity no longer allow it to be declared on the taxes there's the first 100 mil. what's next lol?

Man if they had me in there I would be going for more like 100billion as a starting goal and if reached that I wouldn't stop. Chances are I would be shot before reaching the first 100B.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok, sounds good, game plan erase debt here we come.

100 million down-----1.5 trillion to go.

I'm going to mail obama a dollar, I figure by the time it arrives, it'll be worth about a penny. Hehehe, he'll be so mad....!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lol, this reminds me of when my ex wife and I had a business together. We used to mark stuff up 400% and then give people a 25% discount and tell them we were having a sale because we were such nice people.

Well I do complain about Obama enough so i will give him a little credit for cutting something. Maybe a little positive encouragement will help him keep cutting until we get to a trillion or so.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'll tell you what!.....Why not ask that frog in California that they gave millions to.

or are they planning on capping the food stamp for the poor again like clinton did back in the 90's.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Ok, sounds good, game plan erase debt here we come.

100 million down-----1.5 trillion to go.

I'm going to mail obama a dollar, I figure by the time it arrives, it'll be worth about a penny. Hehehe, he'll be so mad....!!

Do you really think a tea-bag or a one dollar bill would make any impresion at all on the illegal alien? Does anyone else think that the Obamination is really a Nephilim? To the Called, pray for our leaders, and pray for our deliverance from the same, quickly. Don't get angry, don't get upset. This was all talked about thousands of years ago, and our side wins. I feel honored to be able to witness it all. It is very interesting, and all getting more interesting.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Haha, and some people think that politics is real. I wonder if politicians and presidents and the such sit at home at night and just roll on the floor laughing at how utterly ignorant the people are.

This is what gets me about politics...even if you entered the field with the noblest intentions and the best of motives, how could you continue to "fight for the people" after realizing how dumb "the people" are? I think that over time this realization would blunt any genuine altruism or compassion...you'd realize that the people are so grotesquely ignorant that they are, in essence, asking -- nay, begging -- to be taken advantage of.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He throws hundreds of billions to the bankers....

This guy is a real joke.

Dec. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Bush administration will consider using money from the fund intended to rescue U.S. financial markets to prevent the collapse of the nation’s auto companies, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

www.bloomberg.com...

And this guy was a box set...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by mental modulator]

new topics

top topics

join