It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown! A solar superstorm could send us back into the dark ages - and one is due in just THREE ye

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Meltdown! A solar superstorm could send us back into the dark ages - and one is due in just THREE years

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1171951/Meltdown-A-solar-superstorm-send-dark-ages--just-THREE-years.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/url ]

The catastrophe, when it comes, will be beautiful at first. It is a balmy evening in late September 2012. Ever since the sun set, the dimming skies over London have been alive with fire.

Pillars of incandescent green writhe like gigantic serpents across the skies.

Sheets of orange race across the horizon during the most spectacular display of the aurora borealis seen in southern England for 153 years
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well at last MSM seems to have a 2012 shock story.

this is just to get people ready in their minds to the fact that nasty times lie ahead.

conditioning the people is a well tested way.

please read the article and see that even if half what they say come true we are in for very hard times.

Peace & hope
SM

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1171951/Meltdown-A-solar-superstorm-send-dark-ages--just-THREE-years.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Tis my dream, as it always has. To. be evaporated by the sun. I remember that one scene in Star Trek: Generations when that one guy does the same in getting consumed by the "nexus".

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There are a couple of threads already about this.

What they're talking about is the solar maximum is due in three years, it doesn't mean we will have a giant solar storm, nor does it mean we won't.

There have been some notable ones over time, 1859 is the largest recorded event.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Listen, Wolvie (Hugh Jackman is a fancy-lad, try this, Jim Lee's version wolverine.x-knights.com... )

I agree with your skepticism. But he result remains that ther will be a solar maximum, as you mentioned, but it will/have to be different this time. My reasoning: a lot of strange stuff has occurred on the sun in this lastlast cycle. There I said it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
chances are, we shall have a big solar storm before 2012. things will pick up lots from 2010 onwards. there was a massive CME (coronial mass ejection) just yesterday, luckily it was not in our direction.

there have been many other threads about this, and many people have said, yes but we have had these solar maximums many times in the past. The answer is , YES, but never with such a dependancy on electricity like we have now.

the average joe bloggs would be screwed without his weekly KFC and fix of pop idols.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I once had an apocalyptic dream where the sun started killing everyone exposed. Maybe I saw the future?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

A catastrophic solar storm can happen at anytime, I'm not denying that.

What I'm denying and being sceptical about is the apparent certainty of it happening in 2012, to me it's fear mongering hype to go along with all the other "2012 doomsday" stuff.

Here's a good article:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I keep telling people, I'm a skeptic of the whole 2012 doomsday theory, but there may be some sort of significance to this date. I add that even if we don't die on Dec. 21 2012, there will be a great show in the sky.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
OMG! The sky is falling!!!

heh... No we're not going to die.

If there is a bad solar storm, likely outcome will be that we have to re-launch a bunch of satellites.

Hardly doomsday material.
The investors with money in telecommunications might see it as such though.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is simply Gods way of saving the planet and curing humanity of the disease that which they have became even more during the time that we were able to have this technology.

I pray to God that this happens due to the fact this will easily save the world from humanity itself.

We must again be forced to hurdle around the very fires that we first did due to the fact this was meant to be mans life. God will once again intervene to save humanity from itself and I pray to God this this time his intervention will stop what it has never stopped...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I am starting to get major vibes on 2012 and I must stress it has nothing to do with any of the hype. The date that is really bothering me is 20-10 and not 21-12.
I have a sixth sense and I don't expect people to believe me but there's something about this solar storm which is unnerving me.
Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We have hit a minimum that hasn't been seen in a hundred years. To get to it's max now in 2012 would require a spike in solar activity that would be truely frightening. Currently the sun needs the solar wind to push CME's away from the sun since it's abnormally calm.

Graph of solar prediction

The longer we stay at a minumum, the better the chances for the smoothed prediction to fall even lower.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

That's correct, the sun being at solar minimum means we're safe from solar storms but are more susceptible to cosmic rays from the rest of the solar system, it's all about balance.
Also, going from a lowest ever recorded low to a highest ever recorded high would be quite the jump.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Even if there will be solar storms, it's not like we're all just going to start melting. These things will likely come one after another. And I think what people are afraid of the most is how it will affect our satellite systems and other technology we depend on.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I'd like to read the article, could you please provide a link. And since i need 32 more characters Thank you and have a nice day

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is the original article that Smokingman2006 led with:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Some other fine reading by a great expert of the past can be found here:

www.etheric.com...

for faster reading, I suggest you just read his predictions which he has in boxes numbered up to 15, with number 15 seemingly more important if you read the preceding boxes.

If you read some of his stuff here:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

you will see that at the bottom of the pages, that it is provided by NASA, letting you know that this man knew his stuff.

Below is the Mayan Calendar date and time for those expecting to see something:

12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time

Smokingman2006 nice find.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Major Ed Dames was on Coast to Coast AM on April 9th. He was in charge of the US military's remote viewing intelligence program. He is predicting that within the next five years solar activity will increase to the point that it will first destroy all electrical infrastructure and then evaporate most of the fresh water supplies ultimately killing millions. I forget his exact words but he called it something like a significant gap in societies time line that his group had been detecting for the last few years.

Now if anybody is capable of telling the future I've never seen it but he has provided a way to test his claims. First he says he has used his groups abilities to find the engine of Amelia Earhart's airplane which he is presently planning to recover and secondly has predicted that North Korea is going to pop a nuke soon. So if he turns out to be right on those two accounts then I guess we have something to worry about.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Nice links mate and it matches it all up very nicely good find.

If the electric grids go out all over those not prepared will suffer the worse and those living in major cities.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If the electric grids go out the people in the big cities will be in big trouble simply because electricity is used to provide drinking water, shower water and waste removal water. Without water, the big cities will become a nightmare overnight.

No one would go to work until the electricity gets turned back on; except for the people trying to get the electricity up and running.

There is also the possibility that it would effect all automobiles electronic ignition, rendering them useless, except the older models with carburators.

Without vehicles transporting food and water, people everywhere will die because they have not stored up food and water to last for over a month, and if you did have that much food and water and you told others, you would surely be killed for it.

One thing people don't think about is; what happens to Nuclear Power plants that are up and running and all of a sudden the electric grid goes out on them, won't they overheat and have meltdowns?

Nice thread Smokingman2006.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join