It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Channel 7 The Start Of Australia's Prime Time TV Disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Over the last year Channel 7 has aired more UFO storys and related news than any other Australian TV channel todate, and with a serious interest and concern by the presenters.

The Sunday Night show was the least skeptical and the most positive short documentry I have ever seen on prime time television.

Nick Pope & the Rendelshem Incident are the main topic with some other military witnesse's and some very weak skeptic that I just did not know why they even bothered airing his point of view?

Anyway here is a link to those who may have missed the show and anyone else that is interested.

au.tv.yahoo.com...

Regards. BDU

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

thank you Bob Down Under,

that was one of the best news reports i have ever seen about ufo's. there wasn't even any snickers or snide jokes you usually see.

i think the Rendlesham Forest case is the best.

www.ufoevidence.org...

thanks again

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thanks Easy

Thats why I posted the story, also there was a recap at the end of the show that was not shown on Channel 7s web site.

The out come of the recap was very good and certainly put the UFO subject back in the main stream without the usual skeptical knocks and bangs and sarcastic comments that most presenters like to show off with.

I have a feeling Oz will come to the party very soon and thanks to Channel 7.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I obmitted to say in the last post that we should bump this and keep it going for the appreciation of Channel 7s open minded contribution to this subject.

I will also email them and say thanks.

What do you think Guys?

Ps Hi Slayer!

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It was a good story, but I'm doubtful we can call it prime time disclosure, or anything leading to that as there was no advertising for this story, they were running ads for the Garuda pilot interview all week but none for the UFO story (none that I saw anyway).

There's also a discussion about it here too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I wish the New Zealand media would do a bit more on the UFO phenomena. They did a segment on abductions a year or two ago but they completely made fun of the people they interviewed. I was disgusted.

I think the news segment on channel 7 was great, there was some good evidence shown there.

There's a poll on the channel 7 Sunday Night website: "Do you think UFO sightings are linked to alien life?" With 964 votes, this is what people are saying:

Yes: 84%
No: 16%

I think with decent news coverage like this, the "crackpot" tag that accompanies the UFO phenomena will eventually be forgotten.

[edit on 20/4/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Ill Star and flag this because i want to see what others think.

this is a neat little video, and well i am not surprised that some people are taking this seriously. the more people who wake up to this, the more it can be studied. more people need to see this kind of stuff. a lot of witnesses, video evidence, radar evidence, radiation evidence, and all sorts of evidence over the years supporting the UFO conspiracy falls on deaf ears...

the more we push for disclosure, the faster it will happen.

glad to see, some people are stepping it up a notch.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sorry to be a party pooper but I was pretty much unimpressed with the whole thing, especially when it didn;t finish till ~ 1:30 am.

He used the usual methods.

Did you notice how on each incident he investigated he started off very inquisitive but by the end of nearly all the incidents he puts it down to military or human technology.
IE, Nazi bell and foo fighters or choppers disguised as ufo's pinching cattle in the middle of the night and dumping them off later to be found.

To his credit, he did say a few times "I don't know if I believe this official story", but only on the occasions where he ends up concluding it's human military technology.

Who know's, there may be no aliens, it may all be human (which I doubt because of the historical incidents involving UFO well before our century and the sheer probability) but I get put off by these type of documentaries.

I feel these type of doco's tend to cement the boundaries of our reality and do nothing to expand the mind and our understanding of ourselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It was a good story, but I'm doubtful we can call it prime time disclosure, or anything leading to that as there was no advertising for this story, they were running ads for the Garuda pilot interview all week but none for the UFO story (none that I saw anyway).

There's also a discussion about it here too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The advertising was done early in the day.

Not Prime time? your kidding!

How many other Oz TV channels will ever put the time and money in to this?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by afaik
I feel these type of doco's tend to cement the boundaries of our reality and do nothing to expand the mind and our understanding of ourselves.

I think you need to study this subject a bit more and the doc finished at 7pm?

Trimmed quote

[edit on 20/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the link - I didn't see it on TV at the time. I don't think this is part of some strategic MSM disclosure plan.
However I think we will see more of this, if the TV stations believe the public's interest is strong enough for this topic to produce good ratings.
If the TV stations can provide good quality material for viewing, that will at least achieve something.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ive seen a few doco's aired on SBS and ABC regarding UFO's and related topics

Still never enough stuff on free to air TV regarding these subjects which is one of the main reasons I purchased FOX so I could watch the UFO doco's and current stories.....

Not that FOX is anything to live by in regards to truth lol just has more to offer

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
There won't happen any disclosure from no human government on earth, unless the Force behind UFOs will five the green light for that. I'm sure that humans are not the deciders in that matter! I'm also sure, that the Force doesn't need it's humans to disclose it, but can and will do it by itself!

Ko3

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's getting a wee bit confusing havng 2 threads...
I added the sunrise special recap with a lame skeptic (the guy who did 'the one' paranormal series. Link below

Kochie doesnt believe him.
Sunrise number 1 Rating BF show on national television

skip to after 2 mins 30 if you dont want to see the 'real xfiles' recap....
zazz

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I personally think that it's great that this kind of "disclosure" is hitting the main stream, even if it has been dumbed down for the audience.

"Sunday Night" is a pretty popular show. That little bit of air time in a prime time slot would have been seen by thousands of people.

I sent them a "thank you" message via:

seven.com.au...
(you don't even have to go to the trouble of sending an email lol)

hopefully if they get enough interest, they will do another segment on the ufo phenomenon, I'd be even more happy if they had an open discussion with credible witnesses.
(By saying that I mean military personal/pilots etc.)

Well, hopefully we'll see more segments like this in he near future!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ill be back in Aus tomorrow after 18 months away. Im looking forward to finally getting to watch some of the half decent UFO stuff they used to show.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sorry Bob,
I got mixed up between the video you were talking about the the late night UFO program I saw the other night on tv.

My apologies, I only watched the start of the video in your link and it looked like the same show as I watched into the wee hours the other night.

I had a quick look but couldn't dig up the name of the program I watched, but will look in the morning as I am off to bed now.

Anyhow, my feelings do still apply to the show I was referring to, as for the broadcast this thread is about, I can only agree that this is a report of a different nature and is teetering on the edge of the line in regards to these "mainstream" media outlets stance, on matters to the like.

Certainly of interest and worthnoting, bravo!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

There is an interesting quote from Nick at about 12:53 in the video in the OP in which he states and I quote:

"There is no spaceship in a hangar anywhere in the UK. There is no great smoking gun that is going to blow this whole SECRET wide open. No, the bottom line is we don't have a clue what these things are........"

Now this may be disinfo at it's best, but the way he delivers the line tells me 2 things:

1. There is a SECRET to be blown open.
2. The MOD are aware of UFO/ET but are not able to explain them.

This is a contradiction in some ways as it suggest that the military know alot more than they are letting on (no surprise there) but they are way off from having any useful or meaningful knowledge (not that they would share it anyway)!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

There is an interesting quote from Nick at about 12:53 in the video in the OP in which he states and I quote:

"There is no spaceship in a hangar anywhere in the UK. There is no great smoking gun that is going to blow this whole SECRET wide open. No, the bottom line is we don't have a clue what these things are........"

Now this may be disinfo at it's best, but the way he delivers the line tells me 2 things:

1. There is a SECRET to be blown open.
2. The MOD are aware of UFO/ET but are not able to explain them.

This is a contradiction in some ways as it suggest that the military know alot more than they are letting on (no surprise there) but they are way off from having any useful or meaningful knowledge (not that they would share it anyway)!

I agree with your statement but I believe the US has the first base to any UFO crashes etc. internationaly and has do so for many years.

The British DOD no doubt has a big brother like the supposed US MJ12 that handles these things and they rather act dumb on the subject or realy do not know what is flying around.

Anyway I thought this was well worth posting and will keep my eyes on this channel to see what else they may bring up cocerning this matter.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thanks Bob

It's hard to find quality reporting these days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join