It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communism vs Capitalism and Democracy vs Totalitarian regime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I see many here think that "communism" is the opposite of "democracy".

It's not. Communism is the opposite of capitalism, these are economic systems, do not mistake them for dictatorship and democracy - political systems.

China is not a communist country ! If they wave red flags that does not make them communist. If they do not allow people to vote that also does not make them communist. Seek the definition of communism. They are a capitalist dictatorship. Germany under Hitler was a capitalist dictatorship. Do you think these two terms cannot go together "capitalist" and "dictatorship" ?

Stop saying "communism !" as soon as you see a sign of the totalitarian regime.
Real communism never existed. Just a bunch of mass murderers and dictators, exempting themselves from communism and controlling the masses trough propaganda and force.

At first the idea was good : research for the working conditions in 1900 - the time when communism came forward. Then the ones on top transformed everything for their convenience.

Want to see real comunism ? Each working for himself, but also for others when the others needed help, knowing that one day he might need help too. That is real social security. No money, no bosses. See this :
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-4-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

AHHHHHHHH! Thank you for finally articulating something that the vast majority of posters on this site can't differentiate between. Star and flag and ig I could do more I would.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So true.
Most people think communism doesn't work because what we were taught in school was communism is actually a poor representation of communism.
Bloody good thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Not to beat a dead donkey, but this is exactly something I try to articulate to people all of the time...

...the thing that I have come to understand is that people want to remain ignorant to some things. People do not actually want to talk about political theory and get down into the nitty-gritty of political science, because most would find it drawn-out, boring, and too far reaching into other fields, such as sociology, psychology, and economics.

(I'm not intending to blow my own horn but) I hold a MA in Democratic Studies, and one of my theses, as well as my dissertation, were quite similar subject to this thread...namely, the concept of Democracy, in action, in theory and in public perception.

And I'll tell you this much...what they say is true...Ignorance is bliss, because when you get right down to understanding the root of contemporary "democratic" theory...well, its not pretty.....its pretty depressing, really.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I really honestly think that Chinese 'communism' is broken.
Is there society equal? Some rich, most struggle in sweat shops.

China is a Dictatorial-Capitalist system.

To say China is communist perverts the term, makes communism seem bad.

Community-ism

All-inclusive-ism

Just look at the word.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought i said that too. I did.

Lou Dobbs makes a point when referring to China of calling it 'Communist China' I watch Lou wondering why he and others call it communism,
when it is not.
It IS a 'Capitalist Dictatorship' I obviously agree.

People need to learn the definitions of political systems. But the PTB don't want you to want communism so they take a bad example and call apples pears.

Thanks for the thread, maybe people can learn something here.
S&F

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Toadmund]

new topics

top topics

join