It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Question, Bushehr is not online yet but it's testing, doesn't that mean the fuel rods are in place making it a holocaust target?

Not as of yet.

1. Iran is only enriching about half a kilogram of Uranium hexafluoride per year. (To 3.5% btw, nowhere the level required for weaponization).

2. To make enough fuel rods to keep Bushehr running for a full cycle they need several kilograms of UHO.

3. All spent rods will be sent back to Russia, so there's no chance of reprocessing them for weaponization.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Why would any sane thinking administration let their target/enemy know that they were planning an attack?

Perhaps this is an attempt to goad Iran into attacking first.

Actually I am thinking this constant and endless back and forth stuff between the two is just that. They both want to fight but neither really wants to start it.

This is getting ridiculous though. Someone needs to do something. Maybe Israel is ready now, after the practice run into gaza(hardly the same i know) but, what was the point of that one exactly if not just a dry run.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The Godfather of Conspira: Thanks for the reply, I was just making a guest... I'm not a nuclear scientist.

Minor correction, Chernobyl was a 3.2Gigawatt plant

Well yes, 3200 MWe is 3.2 Gigawatt.

contained 4 graphite-moderated reactors compared to Iran's VVER heavy-water reactors producing 915MW.

These are far, far more stable and less prone to to the release of radioactive material in the event of containment failure due to the spray steam suppression system and double-enveloping steel and concrete containment building.

So you're saying that even if Israel struck the power plant and the whole system didn't work anymore that it wouldn't release radiation, it would be ``safe`` to strike the central, killing only those inside?

Bushehr isn't online, Russia still hasn't finished construction and so far the only thing going on there currently is reactor testing.

You're right, it's supposed to go online on September 1 of this year.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
can someone please explain something. if israel do attack iran, it will have to go through Iraqi airspace. therefore they would need the US approval to do this surely.

so what do iran do back? surely theres no way iran would be allowed to strike by using iraqi airspace?

also, if iran has to use iraqi airspace, do they have missiles than can reach israel from there own soil?

G.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Albertarocks

I don't think Israel consults with Washington very much.

I really beg to differ.

You don't realise how intrinsically linked Israel is to America.

Without Washington's approval you can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't be getting anywhere near the $6.4 billion dollars in "aid' they get every single year, in the future.

He added that it was unlikely that Israel would carry out the attack without receiving at least tacit approval from America, which has struck a more reconciliatory tone in dealing with Iran under its new administration.

Not to mention to attack Iran, Israel would have to go through Iraqi airspace and that's something they're simply not going to be able to do on their own without approval.

Ok, to a certain extent I agree with you. But I still maintain that it's not a case of "Without Washington's approval" as you strongly believe, but rather "without the banksters approval" is really the story here. I think you're suggesting that Washington has any say or power. In all due respect, it doesn't. It's those who own Washington who are making the calls. I agree, it "appears" that Washington has some sort of input.

I'm not saying any of these things to make an American feel impotent. I know it must drive Americans nuts to even imagine that they don't have power over any given situation, but as pertains to world domination, they truly have no say. They have bombs, but they have no say. They will drop those bombs where they're told to drop those bombs. The entire world is slowly beginning to learn who's really in power here and it ain't Washington or Moscow or Flint Michigan. It might be London, but in sum... it's wherever the banksters live.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think it's time for the war to start. Either way, it might happen sooner or later anyways, so why wait?

People are dumb, and so they deserve what they get in which this case it's DEATH!

Hopefully it won't happen, but we never know.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Israel has been planning to attack iran every month since i joined this site... feel free to look at my join date.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
*posted in another post about this*

we have all been saying it for a while, we knew it would happen sooner or later

since the Rothschilds own Israel, and Iran is one of 5 nations who don't have a Rothschilds Central Bank, the pieces fit quite nicely don't you think?

it's just a matter of what the outcome will bring with other nations, the Illuminati/NWO have been wanting a WWIII for a long time.. who knows when they will call it into play

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's thought that Iran is running two parallel nuclear development operations. One they announce publicly, expecting it to ultimately get inspected, be force to close down, or even get hit.

The other one is kept secret. The Israeli bombing of the under construction nuclear facility in Syria in September 2007 was an indicator of the Iranian and North Korean collaboration North Korea is contributing material and technology.

Currently Iran is having difficulty with the delivery system and more significantly miniaturization aspects required tosend a small enough but powerful payload.
There have already been 2 serious accidents in Iran involving radioactive materials.

No one knows what materials they are having brought in surreptitiously. A Iranian Canadian was just convicted for trying to send essential parts he bought in the US.
US, Israeli, and other intelligence sevices do not want to tip their hands to soon, but there is no question Iran is up to far more than they are letting on.

Israel’s threats to Iran are part of a logistics game Iran has set up heavily financing Hezbollah and Hamas to confront what they perceive as US interests, but by proxy.
How much Iran's nuclear programs are for attention no one can say for sure. The fact that they give weekly announcements instead of maintaining stony silence indicates it's more political than overt preparation for war.

Iran and Israel are now talking through back channels about better co-operation. Neither of them really wants a confrontation, nuclear or otherwise. The fallout would cause devastation throughout the region, and oil production would be severely compromised.

The insecurity of Iran makes them posture outlandishly and make threats to Israel in an attempt to rally sympathy from other countries. This strategy has had limited success and may already be backfiring.

About all we can gather from their track record is that whenever they annouce something to the media, it means they’re really up to something else.

Stay tuned.

Mike F

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Well, sounds like we get that snowball situation we have been expecting from the middle east for a while now. Welcome to WW3 boils and ghouls.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Isreal is very dangerous right now, and they are totally capable of such attacks, even without US permission. They don't even want another country to do their dirty work, they just want to be supported enough to make an attack without causing a big stir with the world. There is a percentile chance that Isreal will attack Iran without any permission and if that occurs other countries will jump up and there would be a huge stir worldwide that could cause a chain-reaction. I don't see this happening, even though its close to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wonder if the FEMA camps are designed for a whole new bunch of consciencious objectors?

Sorry about the short post, but that's all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i believe Israel is posturing. They just may launch a strike against Iran, but what will it cost them in the end? The Israelis always act in their own self interest as all nations do, but the cost! An attack against Iran would immediately launch a theater wide war in the middle east. Iran would shut off the oil flowing through the Persian Gulf. Will the United States continue to support Israel if their attack causes a complete financial collapse of our country? What would the backlash be from Europe? Israel would become a pariah.

the only way an attack would be valid is if there was a false flag attack on israeli soil first to justify their attack.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by zyrktec]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
I wonder if the FEMA camps are designed for a whole new bunch of consciencious objectors?

Sorry about the short post, but that's all I have to say.

They are probably multiple use facilities. For instance, they could house displaced people from the Gulf Coast.

Political prisoners could be placed in them, and the homeless.

People who refuse to take a vaccine during an outbreak could be quarantined.

If the US economy were to collapse, there are about 30 million Mexican nationals in the US that retain Mexican citizenship. They could be prevented from returning to Mexico.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Russia is involved here, in this situation. They can't let Iran fall easily.

If Iran goes down the tubes like Iraq, then it's go time for the missile defense shield in eastern Europe.

Analysis:

1. Putin will not withdraw Russian workers and nuclear technicians from Bushehr, even if an attack is imminent. If an attack occurs there will be Russian casualties.

2. Russia plans to resupply Iran from the Black Sea region. Military supplies, food, humanitarian relief, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

The recent rocket test by North Korea may have the Japanese insisting that a US carrier fleet be stationed in the Sea of Japan.

But they are tied up in the middle east. Japan has some leverage in this, as they hold lots of US dollars and govt. bonds.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I would say that was a pretty arrogant position you took. The same type of attitude that has put America in its present foreign policy position it is precisely in now. See what I see is, you have not woke up to the changed political landscape that has formed today and is reforming as we live. Israel is beginning to see and has been re evaluating their true politlical friends are and Washington has moved abruptly away. You sounded like you were so sure that why would anyone question your reason. I have seen many reports to give us pause in this present crisis.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Oh for god's sakes...

I've been hearing this same line reiterated since 2006, when people were foaming at the mouth claiming WW3 was only days away.

Spare me.

Israel doesn't take a dump without first consulting with Washington and there's no way Obama is authorising anything on Iran right now.

If Bush said "no" in 2008, what makes anyone think Obama is going to in good conscience, authorise an unprovoked tactical strike on Iran?

[edit on 17/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

There was that little thing in South Ossettia right at the start of the Olympics.

If the operation went successfully the Russians could have been badly hurt.

It seemed as a prelude to a naval blockade of Iran.

Did Bush really say no?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

How do think they could receive so much money, spying all they can spy, get released and pardoned their agents ?

Quote from the past at Knesset :

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."

- Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

No, they wont ask for US or UN approval.

I'm fairly confident that Iran will bomb Israel first and lose of course.

I'm woriied it will happen faster than the US or Russia could intervene.

I just hope Israel doesn’t miss its main target;

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

My hope is that he doesn’t hide behind woman and children as the Palestinian, militant, Islamic group Hezbollah did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join