It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My second XBOX360 died yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I started getting lock-ups while playing. Then it would lock on the 360 logo when trying to start-up. While online with the Microsoft rep in India I received the three red lights again. I just don't get why these things are still failing. I replaced my first one November 08 with this one. I love the XBOX Live service but damn it to hell the hardware sucks!

Has Microsoft corrected the three red lights with the newer models? If so does anyone know the serial number range so I can verify what I get back from Microsoft? How long has it taken for you to get your replacement 360?

Well at least I have a PS3 and killer PC for entertainment until it gets back but I'll miss my COD5. I was really close to another unlock!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 17-4-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Ive been through this numerous times....Every one I fix for my friends,
the fix only lasts for a couple weeks if that??:bnghd:

To my knowledge any of the newer model Xbox360's that have the "HDMI" ports (The Arcade Console) wont ever red light (so they say)

I upgraded to an Arcade console and ive never had a prob yet (and It stays on all day pretty much)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I heard the "red ring of death" was due to a cooling issue they had with their cpu's & fans etc...And only affected the first generation or so of the systems.

Although I still have my orginal 360, batteries, controllers, etc... without a problem,...so I dunno bro, mabye a few of us got lucky I guess.

Even if the newer systems are upgraded, they still sound like A10's with an attitude, haha

Here is that article;

Worst Of Xbox 360 Hardware Failure Behind Us

'Those days of hardware headaches are a thing of the past,' says Microsoft exec Aaron Greenberg. 'We've improved that [repair] process,' he told game Edge. 'It's very quick, and they may upgrade your system with the latest technology. So that works really well.'

Full Article: kotaku.com...
Source: kotaku.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So far number 3 has been a ggod one. It is my last case so they fixed whatever died on the inside. My first one I had the Intercooler on the back and it died. The second one I didn't use the Intercooler fan and it died also. I have it placed in an open area and I even have it elevated on 2" blocks for airflow underneath. If it is an overheating problem there must have been some seriously bad internal engineering with zero airflow around critical components. Maybe they installed one of the newer CPU's rated at a lower wattage to keep that cooler? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In the mean time my PS3 keeps chugging along. A pitbull even bit the front plate for power on and it still works great. I wish they would come out with some controllers that weren't built for children or very small people. I love the XBOX controller for my big ol' mits. If PS3 comes out with a similar controller I may completely dump the 360.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My 360, the first one I bought, is in my closet with tv, etc... and has been perfect, although now my controller batteries only last 30 min, so yeah, might be time to buy some new ones.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I still have one of the very early models and it has worked fine so far. Occasionally it will stop reading discs at which point I shake it vigorously and it begins to work again. No red lights so far. How a system with a 60% fail rate made it out of developement is beyond me, just glad I got one of the few exceptions.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
my roommates have an xbox 360 with hdmi and I think it went red ringed once only because it was left on for three days straight in the summer. ( idiots )

Isn't microsoft coming out with an improved xbox for 2010??

top topics

join