It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Had A Dream Unlike Any Other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hello, fellow ATS'ers

About a week ago I had one of the most profound dreams I have ever experienced. I have been hit by the economic times and have been laid off and, on top of that, my girlfriend of four years just moved out.

The night she left, I had a dream that I had to go to Texas. There was no reason why in the dream, just that I had to go. I even woke up and went straight to my computer, almost still half asleep, and looked into ways I could get down there.

Now, I live in Toronto Canada and I have only been to Florida and Buffalo but i have always felt a connection with the southern states: namely Arizona and Texas.

I don't know what it means, or if it was a vision.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Moreover, has anyone acted on something they experienced in a dream?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Space_Fetus

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Freaky dude, almost a year ago this month, I moved from Toronto (Well actually Havelock, very close though) Down to texas On April 1st. On a whim. Just did.

I didn't act on a dream though.

Ive had dreams were I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not and I would move stuff around to see if it was a dream later on, and force it into my memory just in case I was dreaming, to wake up hours later with everything in the same place I left it.

One of those Real Life dreams..... Except I figured it was a dream when MIB looking guys wanted food out of my fridge....

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yup. I just moved to Texas also. I could no longer deal with the police state in Colorado. But for some reason my stars have brought me here. BTW the economy is doing fairly well down here. Not to mention Texas really is like a whole different country, the laws are not the same and Texas has enough resources to survive a depression and even thrive in one.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You should act on it. Our dreams is where true knowledge lies and it seems that its telling you to move to the cheaper state of Texas.

The more profound a dream is the more urgent the message is.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
weird that you say this....i spent 30 years in Philadlephia. I woke up one day and had to get out. We sold our house and moved to austin without ever having been here before. I still have no idea why it happened, but we love it here

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Texas has its own spirit and You can feel it when You live there. Texans are proud to be Texans #1 and well citizens of the US second. I love how when You see the Texas flag flying guess what its above the US flag. I remember saying the pledge of allegiance to the Texas flag when I was in school along with the US flag and I man not messing with You. The people also believe in justice and they don't get into the criminal has more rights than the victim crap like all the other states. I really loved it when I was driving through houston and seen bill boards with criminals faces on them with a cash reward for turning them in... Just like they say Don't Mess With TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Its literally apparently the American "Dream"

I'm sorry I really couldn't resist.

I was expecting people to flame texas. It really is a pretty nice place to live.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Austin is a great modern city and has a great atmosphere. I didn't like the traffic to much but if I lived in a city I wouldn't mind living there. I just don't think I would enjoy driving back and forth to the docks in Louisiana to work. The best part about Texas is the property taxes keep the home prices low. I spent 160k for my house in Louisiana and I could have got a newer and bigger house for that price in Texas. The economy is still pretty good but it will be hurting soon enough. I don't think it will hurt as much as other states though because the economy is not based on one industry like most states. Texas has the oil industry, computer, micro chip, cattle, farming, weapons, mining, pretty much everything except for the evil banking industry.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hmm, I can't say that I have had a vision/dream like that. Then again, I am a born and raised Texan, so Chances are I wouldnt have a dream telling me I had to go to Texas.

I have alwas felt a connection to Texas, I have always been pround to be a 4th generation native Texan. But then again, all native Texans have that feeling. Well, most do anyway. There is a sort of pride that native Texans have about being Texan. I don't know why, but we just love being a native texan and are proud to say so. Plus there is the souther hospitality we are famous for. Complete strangers always greet you when you pass. People are generally friendly all around

I am getting way off track here though, sorry. back on track.

I am trying to think of why some one from Canda in your situation would need to go to Texas. Hmmm, Nothing is really coming to mind. Of course you are always welcome to visit us!

Edit to add: Sorry, this post was not helpful at all was it? If I can think of anything I WILL post and let you know.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
Texas has its own spirit and You can feel it when You live there. Texans are proud to be Texans #1 and well citizens of the US second. I love how when You see the Texas flag flying guess what its above the US flag. I remember saying the pledge of allegiance to the Texas flag when I was in school along with the US flag and I man not messing with You. The people also believe in justice and they don't get into the criminal has more rights than the victim crap like all the other states. I really loved it when I was driving through houston and seen bill boards with criminals faces on them with a cash reward for turning them in... Just like they say Don't Mess With TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every bit of that is true. I too when in school said the Pledge of allience to the US and the the state of Texas. The flag does often fly higher than the US flag and NEVER lower. At most they fly at equal level.

I am proud to be a Texan! We have some of the friendliest people you will ever meet here. Southern hospitality is a wondeful thing.

Feel free to leave canada and follow your dream. Come live in Texas! We will be glad to see you, that is unless you dont get your citizenship! That is another story though.

I do not know why you had that dream or why you would need to come to Texas, but really, Who needs a reason. Texas is great.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies. I mention this to my family and they all thought I was crazy.

I've never been one to act on my dreams but this is why I came to ATS.

You all are so great and I'm still unsure of what I should do. I'm only 24 so it would be a huge life decision.

I'm just wondering what it would take for a Canadian to acquire a work visa. I have a degree in psychology and about 3 years of hotel experience. I just hope I can land a job if I made the move.

Thank you all for your help and comments.

top topics

join