It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens AFTER Apocalypse 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As the more common threads on ATS seem to be variants of Mayanism or Christian Apocalyptics revolving around the date of December 12/21 2012, I was a little curious as to how these people are going to react if this Apocalyptic Date comes and goes without any Apocalypse happening.

What happens when it is just like any other day and the sun rises and sets and rises again just like it always does?

If history is any clue, then these people will just make excuses for why the Apocalypse of December 12/21 2012 didn't happen (""our prayers were heard by God who is merciful and protected us from the End Times"") and will then latch on to some other date as the date of the Apocalypse.

The New Agers will probably claim that the calculations of the Mayan to Gregorian Calendar were incorrect and the date will actually be some date in 2013...and when that day comes and goes with much ado about nothing they'll figure that it was another date later in the future instead.

Does the rhetoric of ""The End is coming! It will happen on this date! Beware! Repent!"" followed later by ""We got the date wrong. The End is still coming but it is now going to happen on this other date! Beware! Repent!"" ever get old?

After thousands of years of this (seriously...thousands of years), you'd think the majority of people would stop being Chicken Little and withhold proclaiming Apocalyptic date after Apocalyptic date until they are wearing enough egg on their face to make an omelet.

Cycles are cyclical. That which begins must end and that which ends must begin anew. So, the Mayan Longcount Calendar comes to an end and begins a new cycle. The Procession of the Equinoxes completes it's 26,000 year cycle and begins anew. Nabiru completes its orbital path towards the Sun and returns to be lost out beyond the Oort Cloud. That which will happen has happened before. Humans survived the last time all those things happened and the time before that and the time before that, basically a 100 times over. Why is this time going to be different?

We mark the passing of cycles with festivals. I could understand the call for a festival on 12-12/21-2012, but an Apocalypse? *YAWN* Not that old, overused rhetoric again please. We stopped believing that the Apocalypse was ever going to happen the first 100 dates the Apocalyptics got wrong (so basically many of us stopped believing in the Apocalyptics somewhere around 2400 b.c.e.).

Just curious if I'm the only one who feels this way...and wanting to take predictions for what the Apocalyptics are going to do when 12-12/21-2012 passes without anything noteworthy and 12-13/22-2012 comes just like any other day and people get their coffee and go to work and live their happy little lives just like any other ordinary day.

I'm not meaning this to be derogatory towards anyone who does believe in a December 2012 Doomsday, Mayan Apocalypse, Rapture, Ghost Dance, Harmonic Convergence, Wormwood/PlanetX/Nabiru Collision with the Earth, Our Sun Being Swallowed by a Blackhole, Return of our Alien Overlords, End of All Life As We Know It. I know each of those groups has a reason for believing as they do and I'm not meaning to make light of their beliefs in any way. However, I'm just wanting to spark a thought for all to consider "What if it doesn't happen as foretold...what then?"

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
12/21 2012

I think I have some CDs maturing. I'd like to take a trip to some of the ancient pyramids in central America I have been planning on this trip for years and will be posting some great photos and videos here at ATS.

So my reply is this.
If we all die then I wont be able to post all those great photos and videos here at ATS.

My predictions for 2012

There will be a conflict somewhere in the world, Some financial crises will be in the news, Somebody famous will die, [They always do]. Someplace will have a major natural disaster happen. Someplace a fire will break out and the grand daddy of them all

Drum roll please

Wait for it...

I'll be looking up all the 2012 threads and rant
I told you so

[edit on 17-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

My predictions for 2012

There will be a conflict somewhere in the world, Some financial crises will be in the news, Somebody famous will die, [They always do]. Someplace will have a major natural disaster happen. Someplace a fire will break out and the grand daddy of them all

Hah I like it. Business as usual.

I'd love to see all the doomsayers kicking themselves over it...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yes i do agree that its gona be business as usal and we should take it with a grain of salt but what ive been thinking about lately is when all these people cry "end of the world" its usaly about 1 prediction from 1 culture and not loads of different predictions from a few cultures!
Im probaly wrong because i have not looked into it that much

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

nothing really...except the total enslavement of the few allowed to live to do the work for the emporer pope. they are the ones who are behind all world events and have been for a long time. the roman catholic church has been up to the same old tricks for thousands of years...they just change their names and faces...but the agenda remains. one world government and total control of people, raw materials, and technology. very easy to figure out how and why the world is the way it is once you know who's in charge.

so...yeah...they plan on eliminating the population down to 5,000,000.

all secret societies and governmental organizations are run by the vatican and its jesuit order. the black pope, adalpho nicholas, the superior general jesuit is the most powerful man on earth. he and >

new topics

top topics

join