It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.O. man accused of trying to send nuke devices to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

T.O. man accused of trying to send nuke devices to Iran

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca

A Toronto man has been accused of trying to illegally export nuclear technology outside of Canada, with the intention of sending it to Dubai.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 4/17/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Apparently this device is a "controlled item" meaning you need to apply for and receive the proper permits to obtain and transport the technology. How did this man obtain the technology without the permits? You'd think that anything nuclear related would have stricter security measures in place. What use could Dubai have for this? Perhaps Dubai was not its final destination?

(First post, I hope I covered all the rules.)

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Syphon]

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 4/17/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Dubai is loaded with money and technology! Maybe it is for some others who are just using their address. Like your mom and dad did when they wanted you to go to a different school
Just kidding. Or like when people want to mail themselves something illegal, and watch the neighbours front porch for the mailman.
You get my drift. I really don't see how we can keep all that technology a secret. People are greedy and some can be bought at a price. Scary

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Do you think he is going to die? i mean do they do death penalties up there r is just going to go to jail. Do you think he has any connection to somthing that would happen here?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This other Canadian source lists Iran as the destination of this alleged "controlled item":

A Toronto man has been arrested for allegedly attempting to export nuclear technology to Iran.

Mahmoud Yadegari appeared in court this morning to face federal customs charges but he may face additional charges for violating a United Nations embargo.

Vancouver Sun

I really don't see why one of the richest Gulf states and a booming Middle Eastern, economic powerhouse would be buying this stuff with the intention of furthering some sinister agenda.
Dubai are about as pro-Western as a Muslim country can be right now.

If he was attempting to indeed send it to Dubai it was most likely to a foreign national living there or some front for another country.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
canada... no death penalty. Who knows what will happen out of this, it'll be interesting to see what develops.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

It's been known to happen and has happened before. Here's a couple of links for the viewing and reading pleasure of my fellow ATSers

UAE will be first Gulf state to develop civilian nuclear power WHY?
Shipping firm denies role in smuggling plot
Khan "smuggled" nuke material to Iran, N. Korea
Dubai: a booming entrepot and growing diversion risk

Just do a search on "dubai smuggling" for more.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boxygirl
Do you think he is going to die? i mean do they do death penalties up there r is just going to go to jail. Do you think he has any connection to somthing that would happen here?

What are you smoking in that box you clearly never leave?

Of course Canada doesn't have the death penalty. We're civilized, unlike some other nations I can mention.

[EDIT]
Oh, never mind, apparently you were banned...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with anything realistic...

it has everything to do with Homeland Security getting it's claws on Canada's citizenry. Soon we will have a loss of constitutional rights as you seem to be losing by the minute. I don't want these American Pests (HS) in MY country.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
No, Canada does not have the death penalty.
As a Torontonian I am upset. This isn't getting much coverage on the TV news stations that I'm watching though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This didn't get much coverage either.www.abovetopsecret.com...
When it comes to nuclear threats from indiviuals in there own country the government trys to hide it from the public.

top topics

join