It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Would you Hide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm just curious... If ever the threats between Bin-laden and the U.S. are actually done, where would you go? Only if a mass-destruction attack happened here, would I not feel safe here. I can hardly think of any safe place to go. So I was wondering, If you feared for you life? Where would you go if you decided to flee the country? I would say I'd either go to northern canada and live with the Eskimos or go to Iceland or greenland. Nobody really bothers people in those areas.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I highly recommend Argentina for climate, politics, and a building economy. I don"t think they would let us in though.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I always had a stronge feeling about New Zealand or a tiny little island in the Pacific ocean perhaps Polynesia, I really like Kava Kava
. Anyways those are the most peaceful places I can think of

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You wouldn't have to go that far north in Canada to get away. Drive about 8 hours north of Toronto, get off whatever highway you're on and no one would be able to find you if you didn't want to be found. Having already been there, I would try Australia's outback.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I never really thought about this before... It just popped in my head. I live near NORAD, which moniters all Objects in the Air... That could be a prime target for attacks, so that terrorists could prevent NORAD from tracking their positions. After thinking of this, I couldn't help but get a little scared, and think, "Holy #! Where do I go now!?" I'm pretty sure I'm safe though...(At the moment)

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I never really thought about this before... It just pooped in my head. I live near NORAD, which moniters all Objects in the Air...

Talk about your Sh!tty Ideas!!

I couldn't help it!!

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Canada~~~~GOOD~~~~LosAngeles~~~~BAD

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There... All Fixed

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm thinking more along the lines of Fiji...... a fishing pole and some warm weather!

*homer voice* mmmmmm....fish!

Alaska or Northern Canada seem like good places to get lost as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The mountains in Mexico on the western side of that country are lovely, isolated and pretty far from the fall out tracks, the bombs exploding and the mayhem that would erupt here.

San Miguel Allende is perfect. I wouldn't mind really retiring there now.

laughing my way out of this p**ppy post

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by radstar]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Remote Wilderness for sure. You'd have to think about a few key things.

Remote is good. But it must be able to be lived in unless you have time to set up some kind of long lasting safe house for yourself. Otherwise you'll need to be able to find food and/or grow/hunt it. Also fresh water supply and shelter. Climate would also be important to think about. You can't grow much where there is nothing but snow, and so on...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't know about you all, but Mars is looking like a good place to live these days.

Gazz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Go to southern Florida and find some disgruntled former Soviet general to give you a ride down to Cuba for a few bucks

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Logistically possible drive or walk to the west coast of Canada and Southern Alaska. Never gets to hot rarely snows plenty of sea food, wild game,endless fresh water, lots of edible wild plants. Few people.

TUT

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There have been some great options as to where to hide ..in the event of disaster. However, if a disaster occurred, you'd have to actually GET THERE. I assume that no planes would be flying, gas would be at a super premium, martial law would probably be declared (can't be out on the streets that easily) and other countries wouldn't want a sudden influx of American "refugees."
So, I figure, there's really no place to really hide..unless it's in some remote outback region of this country. Even then, you'd have to be fully supplied in advance with food, medicine, etc.
I better shut up, I'm beginning to sound like some kind of survivalist.
Frankly, I'm a fatalist and will take my chances in Phoenix. Of course, that decision is subject to change in the event that this crazy "what if" should really happen.
joey

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've still got my desk from the sixth grade so I figure I'll just hide under that or head to Mt. Shasta, that's where them perty alien strippers live!

Actually I'm in a major city so if the first wave doesn't hit me I'll high tail it to my underground mountain retreat where the fem bots and I...well I've already said too much.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Like Intrepid said.. about 8 hours north of toronto. Pretty much all of that area is uninhabited, and filled with old logging roads that haven't been used for years. tons of places to go, not to mention being beautiful. Lakes full of fish, lots of things to sustain yourself if you know how.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I wouldnt hide anywhere...but then again...id prob be dead cause NYC is always a nice target for people....

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Switzerland!

No one involved in mass destruction would mess with his own money stored there.

join