It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Deal With The Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I sometimes feel that we are fast approaching a police state. I recently moved. Upon arrival at the new residence, a cruiser pulled up behind my parked U HAUL with lights a flashin'! We had just moved, we were tired, and this jacko 'invites' us to the neighborhood by interrogating us about where we were coming from.
Long story short, with no evidence, he made my girlfriend and I drive to the scene of some accident on the other side of town at 9pm. Stand alongside our U HAUL while cops shined flashlights at us so that we could be negatively identified by the individuals involved in the accident.

This video talks about our rights and how to exercise them. I find it inspiring.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your "incident" I would deffinatly have been proturbed if that had been me. The thing I want to point out here is that police officers are people too and as people we are prone to mistakes, they just happen to be the ones who catch the brunt end of some major one's. Be respectfull and you will recieve it in return, I have never met a cop who has mistreated me in any way as a result of my cooperation to the highest degree.

Many people post youtube vid's like this one but are affraid to show their faces why? do they know that telling you to provoke the police into "who knows the law's best" is illegal? and could at some point be considered dangerous? probably is my guess. Don't trust a "lawyer" in a skimask!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There is nothing you can do with the police, if they want to murder you they will. My life has proved if they want to destroy your life for no reason, they will never stop there crimes. Bunch of criminal serial killers join the police, and thats all we can say about it.

Wait until you go through what i have been through, and then tell me how to deal with these murderers. There is no stopping serial killers, especially ones that get into power.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Anyone got info/youtube vid on how you deal with the police in 'Police-State' UK??

They don't like to be photographed!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
That was a very informative video.
I live in London u.k. and see them at it all the time.
They intimidate people all over the city as they gather information for their databases.
When the "war on terrorism" became a big excuse to chop away at our few remaining freedoms, their powers to stop and question and even SEARCH people became unstopable.
All we need in our vocabulary are a few key phrases, according to this video.................
I would deffinately put it to the test if I were put into that situation, a few hours in a police cell is a small price to pay.
The problem is that the majority would allways be made to feel obliged to give whatever information asked for by a police officer.
I will pass this link around tyo as many people as I know.....................
Thanks for the info and sorry about the hard times the filth have given you during your relocation.
By the way, I don't think it will matter where you move to.................they will always be there waiting for a chance to fine you, hastle you or intimidate you...................
Good luck

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Like the video states, there are many layers of deceipt and the police believe what they are doing to be true.
In all of your encounters you have had I am assuming you were nothing but co-operative and did not question them at all.
I would suggest trying the other approach and see how nasty the games become, because the minute you question authority in protection of your privacy is the minute the mask slips off the uniform before you...............
The police are in fact, uniformed revenue and personal data collectors.
Make no mistake, your "protection" is furthest from their minds.
"serve and protect" is a laughable motto..........
It should be something more like "control and collect".
JUST MY OPINION..........no bad feelings intended.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
About a year ago, I was sitting at home watching tv and I heard a knock on my door.

"Police department."

I looked out the peep hole and saw two officers standing back away from my porch. I opened the door and next thing I know, I have 3 pistols and an AR-15 pointed at me and a dog barking in my ear as I am being handcuffed.

I didn't even have time to comprehend what was happening to me before I was being patted down. I was so caught off guard and confused as to what had just happened and the questions started.

"Is there any firearms in the home?" "Yes. Why?"
"Is there anyone else inside?" "No. Did something happened?"
"Have you had anything to drink tonight?" "No."

I didn't know what to do but answer them because I still had no idea what had happened.

"Where are the firearms located." "In my safe where they always are."
"Where is the safe?" "In my bedroom. What is going on?"

Apparently, a neighbor that I had been having problems with had called the police and told them I was threaten to shoot myself. I hadn't even been outside since I got home from work and I certainly hadn't said anything like that.

I told them this was completely unfounded and there was no basis for their visit. I asked them if I was under arrest. They said I was being detained for their safety. They called in my name and I came back with no wants.

They asked again about my firearms. I told them it was still locked in the safe. They asked if there was a combination and I said yes. They asked for the combo and I told them no. I finally caught up to what was going on.

"Well we can take you to jail for obstruction and get a search warrant, destroy your house and your safe or you can let us see your firearm so we can run it to make sure it isn't stolen."

It's funny what seems logical when there is a man dressed in SWAT gear holding an AR-15 standing next to you. I told them the combo. To make a long story short, my pistol was confiscated and I was brought to the County Mental Health Dept. for an evaluation. Oh and I guess me giving them the combo to my safe was also granting them permission to search the rest of my house too.

I told the nurse what happened and she seemed annoyed as if this kind of thing happens all the time. She signed off saying that I wasn't suicidal and I was free to go.

I don't know about other states but in California, to get your firearm back from a Police Dept. property room you have to send an application to the Dept of Justice along with a small fee. They will run a full background check on you to make sure you are legally allowed to own firearms. Part of this involves requesting the report from the Police who may or may not give the DoJ the report. In my case, they didn't. I attempted to get a copy myself and I was told that I was not allowed to review it because I was not the victim. At first I thought maybe it was my neighbor but from a person at the DoJ that probably told me too much that they usually assign the State of California as the "victim" in cases like this.

After 6 months of going around and around with the DoJ sending request after request I finally escalated my application enough to someone that finally said she would make some calls and get the report. She was the first person in 6 months of calling the DoJ every week that actually listened to my story and did something. I had my firearm back within 2 days.

What I learned from this was that the Police are not your friends, they are not on your side and they will lie to you to manipulate you into doing what they want. They do not care about your rights and, if you let them, they will walk all over you.

I was treated like a criminal and all I was doing was watching the ballgame in my own home.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I read all the whining about the police in this thread and i have got to say you people need to get a clue. I live in a small town and i'm good friends with two former cops from this town. One was a cop in LA. And i'm friends with the dog catcher, and the chief of police. I don't have a clean record by any means, but i'm still friends with them. They know my record and they don't care. 90% of people that b!^@# about the police live in larger cities or constantly cause problems that the police have to deal with. Cops in larger cities have to deal with idiots and gangs so they are going to be more cautious. Doesn't mean they are bad people.

And if Obomber tries to turn this into a police state most cops will quit because they believe in our constitutional rights.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Luckily here in Australia the cops aren't so crazed ( yet ) but one thing I do notice is out at the Gun Club when they are doing their training they leer at you disdainfully because you have firearms of your own and can actually hit the target down the end of the range unlike them self.

I'm waiting for the day when one of the more "Gun Ho" officers follow me out onto the highwayand pull's me over asking to see my papers...won't be far away I guess.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yup, sounds like a lot of people here have been caught up in the "us and them" paradigm.

I'll give you a little revelation.

Police men and women are people. They are husbands, wives, sons and daughters with families just like you lot.

There are some fantastic officers and some corrupt officers... just like you lot.

I don't agree with a lot of things they do but that is no excuse to dehumanise, for once you have done so all you become is another pawn in the totalitarian chess-game you seem so convinced is going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I live in a small town and a couple of years ago the sheriff told me that indeed law enforcement was changing. I had an experience much like janon, except it was a traffic stop, and the law jumped in on me, started screaming for me to get out, and could he search my vehicle. I did not tell him no or yes, hell, I didn't even know what was going on. He grabbed my purse (which is not my vehicle) and proceeded to pat me down in front of a multitude of bystanders. The city laws and county laws have harassed the young people around here until there is no activity of young people, they have been driven to their basements or who knows where. Cameras are put all over the city so the police can watch constantly who is in town and run them down. Patrolling all the time, wasting gasoline and being cocky and overbearing. Yeah, they have families and their families never get pulled over even though they are drinking and driving. They are sheltered by the law. Also, most police in small communities don't even know what the the laws are that they are supposed to be enforcing.

new topics

top topics

join