It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddities with the avatar pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am not certain if this is a bug or something I did not do correctly but:

When posting in a thread the avatar shows up fine, but when viewing the 'public profile' under 'member tools' it shows a broken image link.

(Think I have the right board.)

Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I wen't over to your profile page (by clicking on your name just above your avvie - looks exactly the same

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Weird, might have some cookie issues on this comp, though I thought I saw the same thing last night on a diff cookie. Did you look at your public? Could hypothetically be associated with access.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I too clicked on your name and the Avvy looks just fine from here.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Your avatar is hosted on the media site right. If not that could cause the problem. Several threads have been started over this and that was the answer in most cases.
clicking on the pic and looking at the properties I believe you still have your picture on the old member uploads. You need to store it at the media site for it to work full time.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Hrm, I uploaded to the site after the media setup was proposed. Seemed strange to only be visible from the private-public profile, if that makes sense

(edit)
The issue is only visible when I view my own public profile, I called it 'private-public' because it is the public profile with additional functions. Hope that makes more sense.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by lordtyp0]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agree but if you look at the properties of your pic and the properties of the other avatars you will see they are different.

This is yours
files.abovetopsecret.com...

/uploads/ats62327_venture2.jpg
This is mine

/images/member/29aeba7809ca.jpg

Notice the difference in after the .com

I checked your media site profile and you are not hosting that pic there. If you upload it and then copy and past the use as avatar link it will work on your profile page as well. I know it's crazy but do it and it will work.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

I agree but if you look at the properties of your pic and the properties of the other avatars you will see they are different.

This is yours

/uploads/ats62327_venture2.jpg
This is mine

/images/member/29aeba7809ca.jpg

Notice the difference in after the .com

Aye it's a pathing thing. The profile I see (or you seeing your own) probably has a static path to the new setup. Where as if I view yours or you view mine it prob has an either clause. Just an out the rear hypothesis.

Thanks for input, Ill get it corrected in a bit.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
never mind i figured it out, lol i can be so dumb some times.
now i can finally start posting again.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by miguelbmx]

top topics

join