It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash Player Cookie and Ad Pop Ups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Today i noticed some ugly pop ups appearing everytime i navigate to ATS and i also noticed there is a huge(100 KB) storage cookie from ATS in my flash player storage.

is there some connection to the pop ups and the storage cookie ?

pop ups are getting thru the blocker. some of these ad pop ups can have virus or adware script in them. should i be concerned or not ?

and why am i getting a voting poll storage cookie when i am not participating in a poll

s530.photobucket.com...

s530.photobucket.com...

s530.photobucket.com...

s530.photobucket.com...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Good question I normally dont get pop ups from this site but this morning I got two

Good find I am curious myself.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yea i only noticed the pop ups today, but the Flash Player storage cookie has been showing up for a few day's. i am wondering if there is some connection to each other ?

this is not a complaint or anything i am just trying to make this known and maybe find some kind of solution.

i just bought a new computer and i am deadly scared of adware/virus. lost the last computer due to infections(not from ats) even though i was supposedly protected.

edit to add:

i guess a 100 KB isn't a huge cookie but i still would like to know why i am getting it.

Kilobyte
1,024 bytes; 210;
approx. 1,000 or 10 3

* 1 Kilobyte: Joke; (very) short story
* 2 Kilobytes: Typewritten page
* 10 Kilobytes: Page out of an encyclopedia
* 20 Kilobytes:
* 50 Kilobytes: Image of a document page, compressed
* 100 Kilobytes: Photograph, low-resolution
* 200 Kilobytes: Two boxes (4000) punched computer (Hollerith) cards
* 500 Kilobytes: Five boxes, one case (10,000 of punched computer (Hollerith) cards

www.jamesshuggins.com...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I've only gotten pop ups from here one time before and that was awhile ago, but earlier today i got the same john made cash.com that you got. And twice today i've gotten the ones that talk, you've won or something like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I got the same one again this morning as soon as i pulled up the site, trying to log in. When i closed it there was a different one behind it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i noticed it too yesterday and this morning, i got two/three pop-ups right after each other

it hasn't happened before yesterday

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I got the johnmadecash.com one and I never get pop-ups from ATS. That one surprised me.

And, since I need more characters to post.......

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If you're not logged into ATS, you may get up to two pop-ups per day. We're experimenting with a few refinements to our overall ad delivery with the ultimate goal of delivering fewer, but better ads.

As far as the cookie for the polls, the member polls are displayed at the right... and shown only to logged-in members. The cookie is needed to track your participation.

Cookies are not inherently evil, and it takes a significant effort to turn them into something evil.

top topics

join