It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Riot Police Receive 145 Complaints; Assaults and Excessive Force!

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Durning the G20 Summit, April 2, 2009 Police assaulted peaceful protesters again and again. One man, Ian Tomlinson died after an unprovoked attack by a masked police officer. Many other citizens were assaulted, violently by officers.

A tactic; "kettling" was used, with force on the non violent protests. Video footage is shown below of the "kettling".

New footage has emerged of Ian Tomlinson being forcefully hit on the leg with a baton by a masked officer.

New footage emerged showing another officer hitting Nicky Fisher in the face with his hand and on her leg with his baton after allegedly being sworn at.

The IPCC is disallowing an additional 40 complaints!

Why did this police brutality happen? Were these officers told to incite violence?
Why were some officers wearing masks? Looking deeper, it seems that behind the scenes, the police force had predetermined to create riots by inciting the protesters using police brutality! Does it not?

A total of 145 complaints have been made following clashes between police and protesters at the G20 summit.

They include 70 claims of excessive force by alleged victims or witnesses to brutality, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said.

Forty concern police tactics during the City of London protests, including the corralling technique called "kettling".

Government inspectors have been brought in after two alleged assaults by police during the protests earlier this month.

Newspaper vendor Ian Tomlinson suffered a fatal heart attack on 1 April minutes after coming in contact with a police officer who was seen shoving the 47-year-old to the ground in video footage.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This aspect is what I am most interested to uncover as to why some officers wore no numbers and wore masks.

Senior police officers face serious questions over the "unacceptable" trend of officers disguising their identity during clashes with protesters, the chair of the independent police watchdog warned yesterday, as it began formally investigating a third alleged assault on a G20 protester.... Hardwick also revealed that the widespread use of mobile phones by protesters to take photographs and video footage of the clashes was providing invaluable evidence....
..."What's been important with all these pictures is we have got such a wide picture of what happened," he said. "I think that is challenging the police: they have to respond to the fact that they are going to be watched, there is going to be this evidence of what they have done."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If nothing else...

I love the fact that Orwellian 'technology' has been turned on the fascist themselves.

I hope justice is served for the Tomlinson case, may that thug rot in prison, see how he likes being 'penned in' next to real criminals.

Maybe the media is our ironic saving grace in the face of the police state?

Either way, i hope more and more people come out and show their footage.

Starred and flagged

[edit on 18-4-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Exactly!
Poetic justice is it not? All those cell phones with cameras, and video cams,
and some brave souls who were not afraid to use them, and come forward to post the videos.

join