It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Associate With People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I have a question. I have dabbled my whole life in ATS stuff and conspiracy theories. Given such a background, how does one relate to your other half. When I talk to other people regarding such things, they find me weird etc.

Do you talk to your other half about conspiracy theories? If not how do you relate them?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I try to talk to my wife about it, but she laughs and tells me I'm nuts and to not talk about aliens and ufos in public.

On another note, she finds it very interesting that I can describe a conspiracy, technology or something that only ATSers would talk about and then we see it in real life or on TV, etc.

kinda cool.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't talk about it much to my friends, they have their 'bubbles' and like them. But because I don't talk to them about it, they don't know all my interests.

So when something political comes up, they are perplexed that I am so well informed and multiple angles. 'Does he pull it out of the air?'

They tend to listen.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Honestly... or sadly, I have learned a very simple lesson...

There are those people I discuss "conspiracy theories" with and those who I don't...most people.

It may seem like a cop-out, but you will learn, one way e other, that you will also do the same.

I get you want to tell/warn/educate them, but 1/2 don't believe and the other 1/2 don't want their perfect little world disturbed.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I learned a long time ago to keep CT, high strangeness and most subjects discussed on ATS private. I don't even talk to my GF about such things; even though she has experienced some very weird events, she very seldom talks about them and doesn't want to hear about them from others. She's a skeered.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I sometimes talk about conspiracy theories just to annoy people.

But I found that if you actually want a serious conversation about them or things like them you have to find the right people, who don't just dismiss the theory. And it's usually pretty hard to find people with an open mind that aren't just crazy.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Like the replies above, mine's just as similiar.

There's select friends in one hand with open minds, and the brain capacity to absorb your views on various things and take them into consideration. And in the other cold shakey hand, there's the simple minded, day to day associates you surround yourself around for some half-a**ed reason, who have no idea what the s*** you're talking about, and really don't care.

My advice; Leave the your deeper thoughts with like minded people, otherwise, it'll just creep the others out.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I talk with my Bride about all of my interests.......... she's receptive. She's a prepper also, and realizes that changes are afoot. She leaves the dabbling to me, but we share similar, though different ideologies. It makes for good debates.

I have a very good friend whom I met online on a weather site. He and I mull over all this stuff on a daily basis. We've met several times, and our better halfs communicate all the time.

We've formed a loose local Mutual Assistance Group here, and it was tried and tested after Paloma knocked the crap out of this island last year. It worked well, and we all benefited. Of course, others outside of the group did as well. We're a small place. I drove six miles to work this morning and counted more than 400 structures in process of roof repairs or replacement. We're gettin' there.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I say it like it is and try to use logic to my buddies.
The sad thing is that they know somethings messed up but just want to live their lives in the bubble of ignorance....the truth scares the crap out of them.
Ah well at least they still talk to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I just drop it in here and there when it suits, Like say there is a program on about 9/11 or a current event that makes you go hmm, I just drop a little what if? And could you imagine?

It tends to perk a few ears up here and there, Other than that they just look at me and go Riiiighhtt,

The key is not to worry about it, you have an opinion and so do they so just go with the flow, x

I tend to also re-word Conspiracy with Critical thinking

[edit on 24-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I tend to also re-word Conspiracy with Critical thinking

[edit on 24-4-2009 by asala]

Me too....or perhaps, "alternative topics/subjects"

Most people don't exactly warm to the term "conspiracy" huh?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well my two cents, This is how i get people to "Open Up" to conspiracy theories in general. If you want somebody to talk to you seriously, you cant just come right out with it. That is the hit or miss. You need to find out what exactly they question themselves.

Once you have a topic of something they found unusual and weird, run with it, and after you get them questioning things, then you lay it on them.

Ive done this with everybody i know, from my family to my friends to random people. People love the mysterious. But it always has to start as their mystery.
Maybe it something paranormal, or political, maybe its personal. But i guarantee everybody has one.

Find it. Key advice i can give.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hey everyone. I have a question. I have dabbled my whole life in ATS stuff and conspiracy theories. Given such a background, how does one relate to your other half. When I talk to other people regarding such things, they find me weird etc.

Do you talk to your other half about conspiracy theories? If not how do you relate them?

No, that's why I come here...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My sister is into this stuff. So don't fret, there are still people like us, find them..

..But the truth is they are extremely hard to find.

To most people I know, just one word on this, you'd be branded a loser forever.

Exception is when you're rich and/or famous or own a Porsche or Ferrari, you can say anything you like, including UFO and chupacabras, and people will still think you're cool!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
u just discuss stuff like that with some other people that have such interests,most people are not enlightened..and dont believe..so dont waste ur time

top topics

join