It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Heroes and Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
For my senior project i have to do a argumentative letter. i have decided to do the paper on the peoples perspective on War Heroes VS. Terrorists. do you think they are very diffrent or alot alike. i dont know what side to take or even if im going to chose a side. soo... please leave your ideas on the subject.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, I think one side's terrorist is the other side's hero. The insurgents in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan are considered terrorists from the U.S. point of view, mainly, while these same people are considered patriots and heros on the other side. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose. If it was me writing the paper, I would take a controversial approach, depending on the teacher, professor, whatever, view point and do an excellent job of making my case. But that's just me. I always did like to pi$$ authority figures off and even aquaintances as well if I felt they were too comfortably steadfast in their opinions.Just saying..........

I hope I was some help or inspiration. Was just wondering, can you show both perspectives and point out the similarities as to emotional and national reactions and supportive behaviours? Sounds like this could be a pretty good project to embark upon. Maybe that is what this is all about? Is this high school, college?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by kyred]

Edited to also add, feel free to u2u me, I don't usually come back very often to posts I have already made. Maybe I can be of some assistance. My kids now agree that I am not stupid, although my grandkids think I am just an old fart who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
Just like I did about my parents and grandparents.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You dont know about the subject, what side to take or even if you will take one? Why'd you pick this subject then?

lol well you're right one man's trash is another man's treasure.

You should point out that there truly is no 'evil' and 'good', they are just labels made by human to separate themselves from the enemy.

Both sides in any conflict think they are right/doing the right thing or else they would not fight. Im sure even when people are killing civilians they think it pleases God or will bring attention to their plight or that the civilians were sinners... etc. So to put in short everything is a matter of perspective.

Good topic but if you dont know what to put maybe you ought to change! specially if it is due soon

join