It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Centralia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A few times I have been to centralia PA to gather information.

recently a friend proposed to me that we should penetrate the underground mine that is on fire. we have breathing apparatus and night vision and figure that would buy our group about 20 minutes in or 50 feet.

we never go into anything without planning though or maps of the tunnels or old mine tunnels. At the county office they have NO maps of the mines at all? other counties in fact adjacent reading has maps to all their mines including one that is on fire.

so then we found some images of a strange little building setup with cameras all around it. thing is this town is dead and its easy to spot electrical wire running to a building.

anyone have ideas what is going on there? our expedition to penetrate the mines is called off until we can find out if its ok or not. i dont want us wandering into some weirdo base just to end up on milk cartons. i mean we do crazy stuff but not without knowing what were getting into.

thanks any info is appreciated.........

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

What is going on is that the state bought out the town because the coal seam underneath it is on fire and has been since 1962. Check the websites. There is monitoring equipment throughout. Stay away from any mine portals in the area because this type of fire will produce large amounts of carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide and your breathing apparatus might not be suitable.
As to surveying and walking around, be careful. Check it out at night with an IR camera to map hot spots. Walking over one and having it collapse under you would make you into something like a self-basting turkey. Not at all fun, but the adventure of a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
yes the state did buy it out. that is on wikipedia

there are 5 underground mine fires burning in pa and none of the other ones have the govt buying out the town.

interesting notes on centralia from my experience

1. only 1 road runs through the town the day they were going to open a highway a sinkhole opened up and swallowed up the highway!

2. the police and fire department are abandoned there are still coffee mugs and papers on the desks.

3. people still live there about 12 or so. their russian orthodox and you know what that means!!!

4. noone watches with tv cameras piles of dirt their watching for something.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It is a creepy little town..I have been through it on the way to S.t Clair and Frackville..The road is closed with a massive steel gate and a new road is litterly goes around the town..There is a few shacks around there,but people are very poor in that region to start with..I would not suggest going into the mines,as they are most likely gated to start with..But still stupid none the less..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

this is too weird.
my firend just told me about this about two days ago. i thought it was weird because i had just "opened his eyes", so to speak, to these alternative topics by showing him this website and some of the videos on it.
i thought i had heard it all in the conspiracy/alternative topics field, but this was the first time i had heard of this.
then, lo and behold, i log on to ATS, and there it is, staring me in the face.
Centralia, PA.
what a synchronicity.
cant wait to hear more.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I went there.

Absolutely out of a movie- and I am a filmmaker.

The most eerie place I have experienced.

Post-apocolypse vibe... a beauty to it to match the dreadful sense...

I walked the road that goes downhill- the one on top of the mines...

There are cracks like wrinkles on an old man's face all over the asphalt.

I took video of it... the cracks emit steam from the fire...

Should dig it up...

Now that I have HD cameras, think I will go back for some cinematography

T Patrick Murray
HDTV, LLC

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This town is real and inspired movies and games like silent hill etc....

thing is what is it thats happening there since noone knows anything? i mean i never saw gov trucks or anything there or anything so whatever their doing their doing a good job.

took 2 expeditions to make it through the night in that town.

1st time someone whistled that song

who can make the sunshine sprinkle it with dew
the candyman can the candyman can

that was the longest walk back to our car ever
so after that we bailed but the second time we made it through the night

not to mention why are all the houses knocked down?
driveways that lead to nowhere
telephone poles with no wires on them

i mean i have seen gov buyout homes but they dont lay waste to the land when they do typically. and if they are buying them why are tehre still people there and the people there are russian orthodox.

not to mention that the one road i mentioned previously that goes through it on either side of the town has tons of candles roses crucifixes and pope and jesus /mary statues

why cant i upload pictures???? you should see this stuff it is insane!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Why can't I upload photos?"

You should try photobucket. This sounds like the kind of thing people'd like to see.

Anyone have any maps overlaying lines of force with the US? Might be interesting to see just what we're dealing with here.

How is a coal vien burning so long and violently? Where is the Oxygen? Combustion doesn't occur without something to oxidize the fuel.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
there are 5 fires burning in coal mines in pa underground and have been for maybe umm like 100 years.

Oxygen gets in through the fissures created in the ground where it breaks open to vent the steam/smoke/heat. its quite natural.

this would also make a perfect cover for some kind of base.

last thing I was is to go exploring and then find a door open it and find out its some lab then its game over.

i mean ya never know where those places are and i dont want to go stumbling in the poiint of me asking is to avoid it not explore it if that is what is there.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There are a bunch of videos on google and you tube about this town.Its a stones throw from where I live.I should check it out some day.

Here is one of the videos on Centralia.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
ok i cant find the image of the weird metal buiding that is small with cameras on it that is IN centralia.

need to investigate this to find out if there is something more than meets the eye here.

can anyone else find that video?

Were ready to go this summer and find out the truth about this place.

i would post pics from last time but this site doesnt allow images in threads for some reason.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
post the url to your pics..if not upload them to the media section..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Winter time is the best time to go so you can see the steam rising from the fissures in the ground. My brother has gone there quite a few times, and has some nice pictures posted on his myspace.

It's creepy looking, and awesome at the same time. The road that runs through it that they re-routed is Rt. 61 that runs North/South. There are many great links if you google it, and also the History Channel has done some shows on it.

The cameras are up there because the Gov. is documenting the damage and heat, since they can't seem to put it out. The Gov. has dumped tons of money into trying to put the fire out, but nothing they have done worked.

The fire was originally started by open pit burning of garbage that they had for the community located over a coal vein.

Centralia Site

This is a link for a great site with lots of pictures. I've read the whole thing.

A_L

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
what is all this money you speak of they dumped there?

i mean it cant be fixed i think your confusing the funds for geological research and the weather monitoring equipment used to record on site data for researchers.

that fire never could be put out any attempt would have failed, thing is this site i saw the picture has a metal building with cameras on it, and no their not ir cameras and that would be a waste of money so why are they there, looks more like security since their color and low light at most not IR!

and what is media section???
im not posting my face!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
tigpoppa, its just a remote viewing post. Governments do that a lot when it would be too hazardous or costly to station security guards at a site. The cameras are there to make sure that idiots with night vision goggles and oxygen tanks don't take an unnecessary risk. They are also there so that in the event of a straight occurence (be it massive subsidence or a gas explosion) the USGS (United States Geologic Survey for those of you who may think its a secret government taskforce for communicating with rocks) can be notified with the click of a mouse.

And yes, the fire can never be put out until all the coal is burnt.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I live 12 miles from Centralia, and yes it is creepy. That isn't the only mine fire that was in Northeastern PA. There was also one in Shenandoah PA many years ago and they stripped mined most of it to put some of it out. It still burns though behind Shenandoah.
When I was younger and attending keg parties in the bushes there was a story going around about a guy who left the party to take a pee, when he encountered a strange looking hairy, tall, man like creature.
The party boy became startled and began running back to the keg party when the thing began chasing after him. It stumbled over a rock and fell down, and with this it began chasing him on all fours like a wolf.
Imagine this with steam coming out of fissures in the ground on a dark night.
There are many many underground mines around here anything that can live in cool places like 56 degrees could be happy there.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i take the 30 minute drive to Centralia once a year, its one of the most serene and creepy places i have ever been to... peaceful yet unsettling.

I recommend checking it out anyone whom hasn't yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

I've heard people compare it to Chernobyl. But you know, without all the radiation.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have just signed up just to post a few thoughts going through my mind.

I feel I should say a few things that has been on my mind for many years.

I have been told many times of being a deep thinker, For instance nikola tesla back in the 1800's he believed in aliens and you have to wonder as i do. I always wondered, how can a Human mind think up a technological design like Remote control devices (without wires), when it just might of came by those demonic, Demon, Alien beings that was cast out of heaven, that made war against God.

Now I do not want to seem crazy to you guys just please try to keep an open mind as i do.

i know I will not convince some of you because I see a lot of people that would not believe, picture, or even a very good proof video, unless they had the experience, oh how bad it is for some people, they have to go looking for something that just might suffer or even kill them in order to believe, I am glad i'm not like that and have this desire to believe, and I keep the faith in God and worry about the unknown.

We all know the best way to stop fire, or even stopping smoke, is to smother it, like a campfire (stopping ventilation).

what I seen in that Footage video of yours; There was a smoking pipe coming from the ground, Now why a underground smoking pipe!? unless there is something going on, like cover up of something from the public eye.

I would probably want to try to drop down that pipe a small weather sealing cycle helm cam down it, and pull it back up using some kind of thin wire string, so it wouldn't burn or melt to see what's down that or try to think of something. just don't get too close to it without a Gas mask or something, so you don't get sick from that smoke i mean.

Check this other Video out www.youtube.com...
[url=

And watch this one, this might freak you out a little. www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... avelVideos

I am a very open minded person, So opened minded in fact! I believe there are aliens and having advanced technology spaceships, When you think about it; why wouldn't they have such tech?

But they are not Aliens from another world as most would think, for they are the fallen ones, cast out of heaven and follow Satan, and live underground; Away from light and bottom of deep water areas and they might deal with cloning, Cloning Alien unnatural-Looking bodies with large eyes and small bodies so you wouldn't be that terrified of them, just their eyes

Bodies with large crazy looking eyes, with no breath of a soul in them; so they can contain their demonic, demon haunting spirit, to live in these cloned bodies.

There is also a known abduction I have found over the web, about a person that was able to stop the abduction by crying out in the name of jesus Christ; and while i read more about this, they were scared and stopped what they were doing, pleading to this abducted person to follow them, it's written even the fallen angels fear the power of God.

I hope i did the video links right.
edit on 16-6-2015 by unknownspirit because: youtube links done wrong

edit on 16-6-2015 by unknownspirit because: fixing some spelling sorry

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: unknownspirit

Woops sorry. I seen i made a few Video Links wrong but I can see I was able to click on the working ones at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join