It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Bites Snake! Yikes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Man bites snake in epic struggle!

A Kenyan man bit a python who wrapped him in its coils and dragged him up a tree during a fierce three-hour struggle, police have told the BBC. The serpent seized farm worker Ben Nyaumbe in the Malindi area of Kenya's Indian Ocean coast at the weekend. Mr Nyaumbe bit the snake on the tip of the tail during the exhausting battle in the village of Sabaki.

As awful as the incident must have been for Mr Nyaumbe, news articles like this come along only once a year and need to shared
I'll leave the final words to the local Police (priceless!)

The police officer said they took the snake to a sanctuary in Malindi town but it escaped overnight, probably from a gap under the door in the room where it was kept. "We are still seriously looking for the snake," said Supt Katam.

"We want to arrest the snake because any one of us could fall a victim."

Man bites snake in epic struggle-BBC link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee666671f3a9.jpg[/atsimg]
Here's one that DID\'NT get away with it.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

What a brave guy.... and what a fighter?

He added: "It's very mysterious, this ability to lift the man onto the tree. I've never heard of this before."

That is just freaky... we'd all like to think we could fight and get out of a situation but how many would have just fainted or froze?
This guy rocks.... what a fighter, what a will to live and survive he had and thanks to villagers and officers and his fighting spirit, he is alive

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've bitten a snake or two in my time. They taste like chicken.
Good find. It is amazing sometimes the human will to survive against poor odds. Sometimes you just have to do whatever you can to live. However I don't think a bite from a human would really cause much distress to a snake this size. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

That's the first thought that occurred to me: "they taste like chicken". I have eaten snake a few times before on survival courses and they are really quite tasty. Never had snake sushi before though.

top topics

join