It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canary Island UFO Sphere Incident, 1976.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This has been regarded as a mis-Ident for quite some time ...

! 1979/03/05 Off CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN: Fireball spirals up from sea, arcs to the North. /MJ #140. Identified as submarine launch of Poseidon Missile by V.J. Ballester-Olmos Anomalia Foundation

www.larryhatch.net...

Seems to be the same event , but is logged here as 1979, I think mistakenly.

edit on 13-4-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I agree.

By no stretch of the imagination can a floating transparent sphere look like a missile.

Yes, several of the UFO reports from the area in the 1970s were caused by missile launches, but this is an entirely different sighting.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by karl 12

This has been regarded as a mis-Ident for quite some time ...

! 1979/03/05 Off CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN: Fireball spirals up from sea, arcs to the North. /MJ #140. Identified as submarine launch of Poseidon Missile by V.J. Ballester-Olmos Anomalia Foundation

www.larryhatch.net...

Seems to be the same event , but is logged here as 1979, I think mistakenly.

Rigel4, thanks for the reply, this is quite an old thread and there's another one here by Camilo1 which goes into more detail about the incident, it also contains this link about work carried out by well respected researcher Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos and I think Lowneck sums up the case quite well below:

Originally posted by Lowneck

So, to summarise the conclusions of this constructive thread:

The Canary Island Alien Sphere, outstanding case of misperception.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just back from North Korea
[see www.jamesoberg.com]
and will rejoin conversation shortly.

The correlation of these kinds of local sightings with
Poseidon missile launches is uncanny and suggestive.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Just back from North Korea
[see www.jamesoberg.com]

Ah Jim, still shamelessly advertising your homepage on these boards - wasn't there once some discussion that promoting personal websites contravened ATS policy?

Anyway hope you had a nice time in Korea, did you find time to research any of the reports of advanced aerial devices as described in Dr Haines book?

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by believe76
reply to post by JimOberg

"There have even been suggestions that Bill Pecha’s UFO in 1976 was a ‘light show’ from a missile launch from Vandenberg AFB."

I am so sorry to rain on their parade but even though I was only 5 yrs when this happened to my father and my family.....it was not a missile launch from Vandenberg AFB. I was there, I lived the horror and it wasn't a light show. I wish it would have been, wish it would have been a dream instead of reality. Wouldn't wish that night on any dis-believer.

Thanks for posting -- nobody doubts the emotional impact such an apparition can have on an ordinary person. Or that such an impact can make them extremely reluctant to consider any prosaic causes because it might make them 'look stupid'.

It was always ambiguous to me because the first reports came out several days later, but was the sighting on late Thursday night/early Friday morning, or on late Friday night/early Saturday morning? In other words, was it prior to the weekend, or prior to a workday?

Did you go to school the morning after the sighting?

Sorry about not responding sooner --

edit on 25-4-2012 by JimOberg because: rdit

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by JimOberg

Lets compare,

Looks like a match to me Jim!

Let's compare tricks with genuine investigations.

"Like-with-like" requires a photo of a missile high in the sky, at night, viewed from afar.

Please try again.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by believe76

believe76,

Great to hear from you.

Found the Bill Pecha 1976 multiple witness Colusa sighting to be one of the most scientifically compelling in the whole history of UFO research.

Either a very clever, almost impossible to accomplish hoax, or an astonishing technical description of three ET probes in action by a highly observant, though understandably very scared witness - your father.

Your testimony here is further evidence of the event's reality.

I think Jim Oberg is right to point towards a rocket launch as an explanation for the 1976 Canary Islands witness reports.

www.abovetopsecret.com... (see my final post)

He may have a point in regard to the December 1996 Yukon event - we await further evidence from him. But to argue that Bill Pecha was scared out of his mind by a rocket launch is crazy.

The Canary island witnesses descriptions look anthropocentric but your father's technical drawing is - out of this world. Jim Oberg is no Jim McDonald and cannot, or will not, perceive crucial distinctions of this kind.

If you ever have the time, I'd much appreciate any further background info you have on that traumatic experience in 1976 - how local people responded to the event and remembered it , for example.

Cheers.

<< 1   >>

join