It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Well put my friend. Eventually something is going to have to give here and I hope it is not my fellow Texans nor my fellow American citizens who are the ones to give in.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Got your '6' brother Texan. We Virginians may not draw too many lines in the sand, but we do not kneel or bow either. Long Live This Republic!

Lets Party like 1775! See you on the front lines tomorrow!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Gov. Perry Backs Resolution Affirming Texas Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

Source: Office of the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

While I like what he is saying... for some reason I just get the feeling this is part of the plan. Does the revolution tptb want start with this?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
It's all an act to draw out Consitutionalists. Perry is no more a Constitutionalist than President Obama himself, not to mention one of the (if not the) worst Governors (in regards to spending budget) that this state has ever had.

Go to State declared tea parties? To get yourself blacklisted.

So tell me do you really think he is on our side?

[edit on 4/14/2009 by FadeToBlack]

Then why has Perry come out and encouraged Texans to attend tea parties to send a message to Washington?

I am not one to say he is on "our" side. He is own his own side for whatever reason. We all have our reasons for attending or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

To get blacklisted. To get the Government to be like "Oh, well, John Smith is attending, lets watch out for him in the future."

What a corrupt way to take advantage of people's good side. *sigh*
This makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FadeToBlack

On one hand that would be cutting off your nose to spit your face. It can't do anything but put Texas as first in line for marital law.

On the other hand, I saw a newscast on you tube from 2007 where Perry was invited to speak at the Bilderberger conference in Istanbul on something akin to 'the states and federalism'. I have wondered, why Perry?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I tend to agree with those that say Perry smells a little fishy.

The concept of a State asserting its sovereignty is so inspiring, but when you have Rick Perry at the helm of the ship, the wind comes out of the sails a bit. (I took that analogy and ran with it!)

Forgive my ignorance. I'm not from Texas. But Perry first blipped onto my radar when he mandated that all girls had to be vaccinated against HPV before 6th grade. That's a topic for another thread.

Has anyone seen this page:

Ten Good Reasons to Impeach Perry.

His support of the Trans-Texas Corridor alone gives me pause.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

Exactly... Perry is either encouraging this for a reason at the behest of tptb or less likely he has succumb to the will of the people.

Either way I do not believe that someone who was a globalist in the past has had a sudden change of heart and found some renewed sense or morals...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm a Texan and anyone that can't see thru this obvious, transparent posturing to the rightwing needs to put the crack pipe down.

Do you know how many people in Texas work for the Feds?

Texas is so Dependant on federal aid and employment that it wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell as a separate economic entity unless Perry raised taxes so high that the rest of the states would have to build a fence to keep from being over run by Texans fleeing the oppressive tax burden.

We had a chance at voting in a proper Governor, Kinky, but we blew it.

Now cowboy up and live with it.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Actually fiscally we are independent as well as natural resources.

We have the second largest economy in the US but with a balanced budget and no deficit.

I am not sure where you heard that, but Texas would do quite well on it's own.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Perry speaks to the difference in Texas economy vs the US in the video. We have a larger economy than many nations of the world and are usually one of the last places to feel the full effects of a recession/depression.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

I knew he was bad, but I had no idea he was that bad.
After reading that, I definitely don't trust the guy.
He obviously is in the pocket of some of his "campaign contributors."

Figures. Forge a fake rally and pay a visit to the people who attend, as soon as the *$@# hits the fan... It's all part of the system of control.

I wanted to believe that he wants the best for us, but I know that he is only doing this to draw people out. He obviously has his own corrupted interests.

IMPEACH PERRY.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FadeToBlack

It really is frightening, isn't it? Then man is a Globalist, and he wants people to believe that he suddenly values their Sovereignty?

That said, I don't think that people should avoid pursuing their right to protest the Feds. I just think it is wise to take caution in who is upheld as a figurehead for the movement.

Perry is as much of a State's Rights activist as I am Paris Hilton. (Which I am nothing like, thank God!)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichM
No no my friend not delusional, just a little "Groovy"
. I have a large amounth of faith in U.S. military being that similar legislation has been passed through in many other states across the nation, not just in the south. I believe it was actually New Hamshire that started this trend. U.S. Military (myself included) took an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. We can count on our field level officers of all branches of the military to do the right thing when the time comes.

You're a credit to your State and Country RichM. I also believe in the US miltary being a good force. Americans of all types are a gregarious and friendly people. This means that our fighters are each good at sizing up a situation and also working well as a team. The biggest question is, "how will they react under stress or confusion?" and I think the answer for the US is a good one because most soldiers have good hearts. I wish there were more of the bushido-type warrior-in-peacetime mentality because that part is lacking in our military.

I don't know much about Texas except the native history which is exceedingly rich. That's one particular state which does have an opportunity to right some of the wrongs of the past. So if they make some move against the Fed (unlikely imo) then they would be fools to assert some kind of the same white-pride or euro-lineage type of claim to the land. That's silly especially when so many cultures come together in that part of the world. What makes people think they can ignore the natives perpetually?

I have seen the Sun Dance personally and it moved me far more than any national anthem or brass band. I like the idea of people ready to fire rifles in defense of their land, but I like the Indian idea of sitting around a fire and talking it out first.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by RichM
No no my friend not delusional, just a little "Groovy"
. I have a large amounth of faith in U.S. military being that similar legislation has been passed through in many other states across the nation, not just in the south. I believe it was actually New Hamshire that started this trend. U.S. Military (myself included) took an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. We can count on our field level officers of all branches of the military to do the right thing when the time comes.

You're a credit to your State and Country RichM. I also believe in the US miltary being a good force. Americans of all types are a gregarious and friendly people. This means that our fighters are each good at sizing up a situation and also working well as a team. The biggest question is, "how will they react under stress or confusion?" and I think the answer for the US is a good one because most soldiers have good hearts. I wish there were more of the bushido-type warrior-in-peacetime mentality because that part is lacking in our military.

I don't know much about Texas except the native history which is exceedingly rich. That's one particular state which does have an opportunity to right some of the wrongs of the past. So if they make some move against the Fed (unlikely imo) then they would be fools to assert some kind of the same white-pride or euro-lineage type of claim to the land. That's silly especially when so many cultures come together in that part of the world. What makes people think they can ignore the natives perpetually?

I have seen the Sun Dance personally and it moved me far more than any national anthem or brass band. I like the idea of people ready to fire rifles in defense of their land, but I like the Indian idea of sitting around a fire and talking it out first.

Speaking of military there are enough of us Ex-mil folks that still have quite a few friends in that I think in a worse case scenario the military would pose no real threat. I think I myself might be surprised in that scenario how many actually do take the defending of the constitution very seriously.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is great- we all should be stand behind this movement
this and the MIAC paper is just showing evidence of the need for a stong movement to resecure our country

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Whereas this declairation has no teeth, and whereas it serves notice, without as much as the suggestion of redress, or recourse. The people find it to be posturing and posing of the highest order.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
I wanted to believe that he wants the best for us, but I know that he is only doing this to draw people out. He obviously has his own corrupted interests.

But you really have to hand it to Gov. Perry for putting together a crack PR team of guys and gals along with an A&R posse that knows how to sell him to the GOP faithful. And they ate it up just like they did with that Yankee from Connecticut. en.wikipedia.org...

Perry is as much of a State's Rights activist as I am Paris Hilton. (Which I am nothing like, thank God!)

Exactly, and Texas politicians are groomed, marketed and sold the same way as pop stars. And if they are sellin, there are plenty of rubes buyin.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Reafirm or get the Hell out of the Way!

It's time for a down size of this Federal Govt. I started another thread with Uncle Ted writing a letter the Mr. President.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join