It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea parties going global

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

I just see the tea party concept a waste of time. It's nice that people can go out there and protest about blah blah blah and think that they are somehow making a difference. Go out there & protest if you want about whatever you want, nothing will change.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
reply to post by czacza1

I just see the tea party concept a waste of time. It's nice that people can go out there and protest about blah blah blah and think that they are somehow making a difference. Go out there & protest if you want about whatever you want, nothing will change.

While your cynicism is totally understandable, I have to disagree. The point of mass protests like this ISN'T to directly influence political events or lawmakers. The point is to gather, disseminate information, educate, and wake up the masses to an issue. The point is to eventually overwhelm TPTB with our numbers and our votes.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Let the Democrats label everyone who is fed up with government taxation and spending a "Republican". By doing this they will only be hurting their own party. I guarantee you that not all Democrats are on board with this massive spending the government is doing and when they realize that the very administration that they helped to elect to power is now disowning them, they might think twice about their alliances.

This could actually be the jump start that the new conservative movement needs. Out with old conservative ways, out with the ridculing, hateful ways of the traditional liberals. In with a new combined effort to actually fix things, not separate people into parties.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
It is going to be amusing to watch tomorrow... who wants to bet faux news is going to pull the plug on their coverage when they realize how small the turn out is actually going to be.

I sincerely hope you keep that attitude and even become more snide and crude and hateful than you are being now. It will only serve to make your own party members who are tired of big government taxation and spending realize that people like you only care about supporting your "messiah". You don't give a damn about this country or the people in your own party and in the end your tunnel vision will cost you party members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join