It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians care about Heathenism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good question, huh. You would think that when a Christian became a Christian he or she would have wiped their hands of Atheism, Agnosticism and heathenism in general. Well, we'd like to be able to do that but atheism doesn't exist just inside of their respective "heathen" buildings and groups. No, today it is all around us in every, even the most mundane aspects of our lives.

You've heard it said before on ATS that "God doesn't exist" and "You don't believe in the Easter Bunny, so why believe in Jesus?" shouldn't be in there, (and they shouldn't; it goes against respecting people's right to believe whatever about whatever) but it goes further than that. The Atheists of America believe they deserve more, or are entitled to more rights and privileges than anyone else, and when they don't get it, they moan and the bitch and the whine and call it an outrage until they do get it - the Political Method.

But the moment that contrary beliefs or ideas are put out for all to see, they whine, bitch and moan to get it removed - that their lack of faith and their right to disbelieve is being trivialized and quashed somehow.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Christians created heathenism. Never until the christians started eradicating the pagans was any religion considered "heathen".

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry but if the OP was trying to make a point I don't think it got through. Want to try again? Summarize? Something?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think I know what your going at.

You assume we atheists, (not everyone on here apparently)
Ask so much from the world, we deserve rights, and so on.
That were shoving our views in your face constantly.

Well, the way I perceive it, is the exact opposite, i've always respected others religion, as I expect them to respect my choice. Without the persistant chatter to me, that I am going to Burn In Hell For all Eternity.

There are churches mosque etc, everywhere, how often do you see a Atheist church? How many spam letters do you get about some Miracle God Did, opposed to how many from atheists.

I can go on and on, till the end of existence, and hell if your right, for all of eternity whilst burning in hell.

We ask that "god" not be in the pledge of alligience, Just as you would ask Thor not be in it, Lord Krishna not be in it, Spaghetti Monster not be in it Etc.

Are brains are hardwired for Jealousy, Lust, Gluttony, etc. But its the over indulgence of these things that turn bad, (addiction), Control over body and mind is the best practice. IMO.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If I am wrong above.

Maybe you are speaking of heathenism or Hedonism. As the BET music videos, White Snake videos

Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil.

You control what you see, and have the power of ignoring anything that goes against your views.

We don't attack anything, if we feel it is only is support of one group, we find that favoritism, the Politcal Method you say, (Seems 99% of politicians are pronounced Christian
)

Final line- Say you take your child to school, or your going to school (I don't know) and the POA says In Lord Krishna we trust. Would you not want it to be otherwise? Would you want it not to be God, your God, Would you not call this an abomination! Would you feel you could do anything to change for the better of your religion. "The one true religion"?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by m1star76

Because they want to save our souls.

And because they think we are ruining the world for them. And that we harass them and make them miserable.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh come on.. i think atheists deserve a little extra while on earth. they are going to hell after all, by christian beliefs. let them enjoy their time here i say. the christians are gonna get eternal life in heaven, so i think they should be nice to the heathens and others who just wanna live peacefully. i say no taxes for those who subscribe to atheism!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and I never shove my beliefs down anyone's throat.
I'll ask an Atheist Agnostic or anyone else if they would go to Church with me if not hey I respect your decision but I wouldn't stop asking because it's what I believe is right. Also some of the best people I've ever met are atheist or agnostic. Our problems are militant Christians and militant Atheists making both sides look bad. Until we learn that each and every person has a right to whatever they believe we will continue to tear each other down and apart. If we can't put aside differences how can we make this a better country or world? I'll go now and hopefully someone will see this and come up with ideas on how we could all work together rambling time to go.

top topics

join