It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please let me know if i'm wrong!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So, is it just me, or does anyone else seem to think that people on this site are lazy. I try to read as many threads as I can, post where ever I think its relevant. And im sure someone is gonna disagree and have a troll-gasm but cmon ppl spread yourself around more. This is not in regards to any one thread more of a general "painting with a broad brush". Let me know if im wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I think you are wrong, about other people. You can do as you please, as there are many different subjects to involve yourself with on ATS, and BTS.

Some people may only want to participate in certain subject matters, and there is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Your wrong...

Why would I want to read and/or participate in threads that have no interest for me? Have little enough time as it is to post lately

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I can't speak for others, but I reply to a thread when I feel I have some pertinent information to add to the topic.

I see too many thoughtful threads from an OP and a bunch of silly replies like,
I agree
You're wrong

The standard one-liners.

I've haunted these boards for years and find things change over time, and this to will pass and change as ATS evolves.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OP, I'm not sure why you are saying the members of ATS are lazy.

Please humor me and explain what you are implying.

With more detailed information as to why you feel as you do I may be able to discuss this situation with you.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes, I do believe you are wrong. ATS generally places emphasis on quality posts- not post count. Furthermore, it's not necessarily laziness. Older members might be suffering from topical burnout and new members maybe resort to lurking until they are comfortable enough to post.

The fact is, ATS averages over 5,000 posts a day and many members have a post count upwards of thousands. The recent post page constantly stays active.

So, no. Nobody is lazy and many members put 1-2 hours plus into their individual posts for researching, sourcing, and personal musing.

I also notice you're new. It's pretty normals for newbies to 'post binge.' And that's not a bad thing. Often times when joining ATS, it can be like a kid in a candy store due to the wide variety of topics discussed here. So they are overwhelmed in that good way to post, post, and post.

Everyone just has their differing styles. Some post more, some browse more. Some have days where they post a lot, some have days where they simply peruse.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I guess I mean, it seems LATELY, not always, I havn't been here long but I have noticed it since I have. Some, not all, some members are great. But, I dunno, just feels like everyone is getting more and more critical, apathetic and mean. And, again this is personal opinion, but if something new and cool comes up alot of the time it will get swept under the rug for something that has been beat to death like a dead horse. I dunno, i'm tired and this may be just ramblings. But, when I do get an idea in my head, I try and post asap'

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Lazy is perhaps a bit strong...

I try to post on topics I have at least some experience with. I know very little about aliens/ufos as the most I've been exposed to it is on television(mostly science-fiction). I personally have "no opinion" on the subject, and therefore choose to not participate in those threads, as I would portray myself as an even bigger idiot than I already am.

Lazy, I think, would be posting something without reading the entire thread.

Not posting/participating would be more along the lines of posting/non-posting "responsibly."

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

See thank you, thats what I was wondering and didnt' knwo really how to say it. I am new, so I didnt' know if this is a normal occurance. Older members may have discussed topics over and over again and dont feel like discussing it for the 12th time. Thats why I was asking, not as an attack, but i guess to maybe understand this place better

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
it seems LATELY, everyone is getting more critical, apathetic and mean.
beat to death like a dead horse.

LOL I have to agree a bit here. I'd say 'touchy' is a good word, but not 'lazy'.

I'm still relatively new to discussion boards, with ATS being one of my first. And as a prehistoric dial-up blogger, believe me, I'd post more, if I weren't always waiting several moments after each click. Often times, I can't even get the site to work during peak hours; so I'm on here in the wee hours, where there's less traffic!

In other words, I have only limited hours to pop in, when I'm not busy with my life, so I take in what interests me, and sort of wish I had more time to check it all out! And grateful for a free site like ATS that contains my kind of topics! And grateful when my weak little computer allows me to function here at all!

(I like your four horsemen, btw) Now, let's see if this post takes, or if Microsoft will shut me down to that annoying "Page cannot be displayed"...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'd have to say that you are wrong. Many members only look through what interests them, and sometimes a thread is so long it can take quite a long time just to read through all of the replies. Sometimes there is no need to post as everything has already been said. There are days that i am back and forth between two or three threads debating a point, there are days that i just sit back and read, and there are days when i need to take a break altogether.

Lazy is definately not a word i would use, have you ever seen some of the research that goes into some of these replies ? My son is a member here (he actually is the one who introduced me to this site) and I have seen him spend hours researching something so that he can post. I really don't thimk you'd enjoy the site if people simply posted in volume just for the sake of posting.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok, I appologize for the use of the word lazy. That one is not fair, A LOT of research does go into this site. As mentioned above, touchy is a better word.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You are wrong. People participate in the threads and forums that interest them. Why would you want to participate in a thread that you don't enjoy?

I happen to post in alot of forums, but that does not make me any less lazy then anyone else.

The people who stick to one or two forums, do so because those are the forums that interest them the most.

I don't think I have ever posted in the Mythical beasts forum or the member debate forum... That doesnt mean I am lazy, that means I just am not into bigfoot or debates...

new topics

top topics

join