It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coding changes for LOGIN? Or is it me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Have there been some coding changes that affect logging on to ATS?

For the past few day, every time I hop onto ATS, I need to login. This didn't happen before.

Also, the color scheme now defaults to DARK (not my preference) and I need to goto LIGHT when I log in. No big deal, I'm just curious.

Also, I LOVE the running character count on the bottom of the post that tells you how many more characters you need to make it a valid post. Good work.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I got the same thing.
Before it always logged in automaticly, now it says i need to enable cookies, i hit the refresh button and i can log in.
Very strange

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So....

It not just me....

I have noticed extreme issues trying to login today (04/13/09) @ about 8 A.M. Pacific Standard Time.

Now, for reasons I can't explain, at the same time, my keyboard (M$,wired) was working kinda backwards.

For small letter, I needed cap-lock on (go figure) for capitals, I needed cap-lock off.

The thing is, I can say if it was a local issue (my computer) or an issue with ATS servers.

I prefer to think it was ATS...then it was not my fault

Btw, I have since rebooted my computer and the issue has gone away.

May I suggest to all who experience issues of this nature to:
Do a full shutdown, not a restart.
Wait 10-15 seconds
Turn on your computer and see if things are better.

Hope this helps all.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"Cookie fight". I have had this type of problem on many web sites and I have found out that cookies from one web site will fight cookies form another web site. I do not know why but it does happen. That is why I dump all my cookie files atleast once a week. If you are having problems that first thing I would say to do is to dump your cookies file

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Reading this thread, today in particular, is incredibly ironic to me. For the last 2 or 3 days, I have debated starting a thread in Board Biz & ?'s regarding the exact opposite issue.

While I have been a lurker for the last few years, I only recently registered here @ ATS. My question is this: Why/How is it possible that I am logged on to ATS every single time I've ever loaded up ATS (since registering)? In particular, how am I automatically logged in while using my secondary browser (Opera)?

Now, I am quite familiar with PC's overall, from the hardware down to much of the code-work done on many levels. But this absolutely escapes me. When using my primary (aka used most often) browser, IE 7(? I think), once I've logged into sites such as ESPN and Yahoo, if I close IE @ say, 7pm, and reopen it at 730pm (with nothing else done other than entering Hibernate-mode) - I will still be logged in upon revisiting the site. However, if I were logged in to IE and simultaneously open my Opera browser (aka have both open at the same time), every single time I am forced to login to my account within the Opera browser. Never has signing in on one led to my account being logged in on ther other (browser).

Also, before now, everytime I've had to reboot/restart my CPU (or simply shut it down and eventually turn it back on), upon revisiting any sites in which I hold an account - I am required to log in once again.

This is not an issue for me, especially when an email account is involved. However, what prompted me to bring this up is this: Not only does my ATS account remain logged in on IE after rebooting, but I've now confirmed that the same thing occurs on my Opera browser! Since becoming a registered member of ATS, I have never logged in to ATS (important because the possibility of any "save password" app's is thus ruled out) while operating my Opera browser.

Not really a complaint in any capacity, and certainly not meant to derail this thread. I felt that it parallels the question in the OP (in the opposite way mind you), and I will gladly create a new thread/question if requested. The point/reason behind everything I've just said is that I am very curious as to how this is possible/could
happen? My Norton AV 2009 has coincidentally enough picked up a single "Issue" that needs "Fixed" on every scan thats been run in the last couple weeks. I'm in no way claiming that ATS has anything to do with it, btw. It shows a 'tracking cookie' that included information along the lines of 'tracking my interests for advertisement purposes' (NOTE: This is in no way a direct quote, and is at worst a weak paraphrase of something I'm failing to remember at the moment...I will gladly reproduce the exact text if requested, assuming it reappears on the scan)

Short and sweet: How does my ATS account manage to be logged in regardless of browser, reboot, etc.? Thank you so much in advance, this place is one of the very few sane refuges left for me to escape the programmed, brainwashed masses that is/are Earth and her people. This forum is one of the most important outlets for THE TRUTH (aka the non-media spun/controlled news), and is one of the most important resources humanity has now or has ever previously had. I love and appreciate every single one of ya'll responsible for creating/maintaining/providing this outlet for us, FREE OF CHARGE (a big'un), and from the bottom of my heart I thank you for all of it.

I am rather new (posting, that is, not reading), and I do intend to formally introduce myself in the "Introductions" arena, as I hope to integrate myself into this wonderful community. I feel like I have much to offer, and look forward to getting to know everyone!

Thanks again! (oh, and sorry for the length!)

**edit to fix a lap-top-mouse-related typo

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Birdman Jr.]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

First off to fixer1967:

You genius you! Thank you! It works as it should now!

To Birdman Jr.

Actually, that was the way my system has almost always worked, and I liked the 'convenience'.

As to how, or why, I can only guess that the fact you stay logged in across browsers has to do with ATS rather than your browser? ATS doesn't log you out (my opinion). I prefer it that way.

PS: Welcome to ATS!

[edit on 14-4-2009 by jsobecky]

top topics

join