It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salton Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm doing some research on the Salton Sea area of California and am interested to know if there are any top secret government facilities which reside within 10 miles of the lake? I've dug up information on the now abandoned Salton Sea Test Base and am aware of Cold War operations which took place there, but I'm hoping to uncover some more current information.

Thanks,

SGTF
San Diego CA
Operation Silverback

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Maybe I shouldn't even answer you because I have no information abou secret government facilities there. But I have explored the area extensively while living nearby in the mountains. As far as I could tell, there was nothing of importance there. Just former resorts and cabins and such. It used to be a thriving tourist attaction. Those are long gone. The Salton Sea is a dead place, basically. Oh, and it stinks. Anyway it's been about 30 years since I have been there, so, perhaps, something else could have happened there in the last 39 years. I am interested in anything you do stumble across in your investigation.

Edited to correct something which was actually correct. Oh, how wrong I was.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This google earth overlay will show some interesting stuff but nothing top secret. These points of interest have been know for decades by the locals. ludb.clui.org...

Another idea is the salton sea atlas book might have good history in it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thank you for the suggestions. The land use database is kind of what kicked all of this off for me. The Salton Sea Test Base was an integral part of atomic bomb testing during the Manhatton Project. It has been used by the Navy for SEAL testing, too. The NAF El Centro is also close by which includes marked bombing areas. I've also seen some things which suggest underground tunnels, perhaps even leading to 29 Palms.... that kind of thing.

It's sort of interesting and I was wondering if there might additional nearby places I should be researching. :-)

reply to post by beaumont

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You sound very familiar with the area. I always thought the Anza Borrego Mud Caves, salton sea mud potts were interesting. Also Patton training his troops out there. You might enjoy the yet to be made documentary about Niland scrappers. Search youtube "scrapper film" and an intro clip will come up. Who knows if it will ever be made some day. Take care.

new topics

top topics

join