It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates the New Terrorist Threat ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ive noticed recently that their has been a lot more media attention with regard to Pirates attacking U.S. ships and stuff like that. Of course this could only be because recently Pirates have been boarding these ships and holding them for ransom and such...but this could not have only started recently...right ?

I wondering if the U.S. is now trying to add these Pirates as possible threatening 'terrorists' just as they did with the Al-Queda post 9/11 ? This is just a thought of mine I thought I would post...most likely to be ripped apart by people lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
In early 2006 Abu Azzam al-Ansari published an article titled:
Al-Qaeda is moving to Africa (PDF).

In it he explains 13 reason it was beneficial for al qaeda to move to Africa.

Please take note of point #6 below

The geographical position of Africa is unique and may ease the way for the mujahideen to take advantage of it, especially [since] Africa is linked toother continents. It is easy to operate from it through the straits, rivers, and seas, and the continental and maritime routes. If the mujahideen take advantage of this geography it would have an immense effect on the campaign against the enemy.

The Crusaders use this region to transfer weapons and equipment, they control the straits and seas, and use these routes to shift oil to the rest of the world. Targeting these routes will be fatal for the Crusaders, and will harm their efforts and energies

Farther down the article he states

Somalia and the Guinea Gulf in western Africa are the main theater of operations for pirates nowadays. If al-Qaeda happens to ally itself with those pirates, it might provoke a chain of maritime terrorism against world shipping, which sails along these waters. Taking into consideration the oil fields stretching along the Guinea Gulf, this future maritime terrorism might harm world economy. Although up till now, al-Qaeda attacked only two targets at sea in the Aden Gulf, still one has to take seriously this threat to world economy.

So you see, the U.S. has no need to "set the stage" for Piracy in Somalia as terrorism. A senior al qaeda operative already did that 3 years ago.

[edit on 4/12/09 by makeitso]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well said, makeitso.

I would only add that if the growing nexus/connection between piracy and terrorism continue to increase, yes, piracy may well become another aspect of the terrorism threat.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Great article, thanks for sharing it...Sorry about that. I wasnt aware of this article (or man even) before reading this.

I guess my assumption wasnt off, but its been known for 3 years now.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Since the NWO own just about everything including the media, they only let out what they need to promote there agenda further, remember with all the child kidnapping? you know its probably still going on but they don't need to report it anymore cause they got there chip implants setup. so i can only say with confidence that it's only to push there agenda

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I never forget what Dr. Carol Rosin told the public when she was a part of the disclosure project 2001...All of what we see today and in the past, will result into a weaponized space program. First the cold war between Russia and the west, then terrorisme, then 3rd world countries of conserne, could piracy be a part of that? Then the threat of astorides...then the threat of an alien invasion...
All phrases apparantly came from Werner von Braun...

Interesting tho....

Link to Dr. Carol Rosin

[edit on 12-4-2009 by noroman]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm sure it's all been planned well in advanced.

Somalia: The Other (Hidden) War for Oil ZNet May 07, 2007

'US political and military alliance with Ethiopia - which openly violated international law in its aggression towards Somalia, is destabilizing the Horn region and begins a new shift in the way the US plans to have permanent and active military presence in Africa,' wrote Kadane.

The invasion and occupation of Somalia coincided with the Pentagon's now operational plan to build a new 'Africa Command to deal with what the Christian Science Monitor dubbed 'Strife, oil, and Al Qaeda.'

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This has been happening for decades, the media has just ignored it.
If I remember correctly there are a large lot of Asian Pirates over near Vietnam and the Philippines.

The pirates will hijack a ship with cargo worth millions apon millions of dollars, kill the crew then hold the ship ransom till the home port country buys the ship back for a fraction of the worth, which is still a lot dont get me wrong.

Want to know why it's so easy? Crew's arnt allowed to have guns on ships, per international laws.

top topics

join