It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Sphinx Really Anubis?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Yeah, no. Leo wasn't a constellation in Egypt. Leo came from Sumer, and was originally a big dog, not even a lion.

That Ancient Architects guy on YouTube seems to think the Sphinx was originally just the head carved onto a natural formation of limestone and that it didn't really have a body to begin with. It was sometimes mostly underwater in a runoff pool where only the top and back would be seen, and the limbs were added much later. I don't know. There are natural formations like that found in the desert. Maybe he's onto something. People are always taking natural formations and carving them into something.

Check it out. Not an endorsement of any kind.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Harte
Yeah, no. Leo wasn't a constellation in Egypt. Leo came from Sumer, and was originally a big dog, not even a lion.

That Ancient Architects guy on YouTube seems to think the Sphinx was originally just the head carved onto a natural formation of limestone and that it didn't really have a body to begin with. It was sometimes mostly underwater in a runoff pool where only the top and back would be seen, and the limbs were added much later. I don't know. There are natural formations like that found in the desert. Maybe he's onto something. People are always taking natural formations and carving them into something.

In the context of what the ancient Egyptians actually did, his idea doesn't make any sense.

#1, we know that the ancient Egyptians had been depicting members of the royal families as protective sphinxes during the 4th dynasty (Khufu's daughter is the earliest known statue of a sphinx.)
#2, we know that when they identified a piece of landscape as a symbol of a deity, they did NOT recarve it but left it alone. There's a rock outcrop in Upper Egypt that's identified with Amun and was worshiped (I've seen it and it's well documented) but was never touched or modified to look more like the deity.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
I watched that last night and I do not buy into it. Sure, the head was redone much later, but I still think the body was originally made to be a creature and not just a mound.

I have seen a lot of his vids and he does a good job describing things, and has an interesting way of talking. So I think his vids are worth watching, especially the ones about what the nearby Muslim cemetery is hiding. Is the "Boat" actually a flying craft? Did the Muslims find it and bury it under their cemetery? And what was at the other end of the Wall of Crows?

Check out the Sokar mound too.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Go and have a look the Sphinx was referred to as Jacket Island in the past by the Khemetic culture. Of course it was a dog there was nothing so imprtant to the Egyptains as the dog star.

Want proof go listen to the Doggon. They are in their own words the Priest caste from Egypt. They count the Sothic cycle. The Egyptians measured there year on the helican rising of this star. The three stars of the great pryamid line up with orion.

Nothing as important as the Jackel to the Egyptians.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Go and have a look the Sphinx was referred to as Jacket Island in the past by the Khemetic culture. Of course it was a dog there was nothing so imprtant to the Egyptains as the dog star.

Want proof go listen to the Doggon. They are in their own words the Priest caste from Egypt. They count the Sothic cycle. The Egyptians measured there year on the helican rising of this star. The three stars of the great pryamid line up with orion.

Nothing as important as the Jackel to the Egyptians.

Quite inane, even for you.

I'll leave this to Byrd, except to point out that "dog star" is Roman, not Egyptian. The AE identified the star with the Goddess it was named after - Sopdet. Doubt you'd get away with calling her a dog back then.

Harte

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I'll leave this to Byrd, except to point out that "dog star" is Roman, not Egyptian. The AE identified the star with the Goddess it was named after - Sopdet. Doubt you'd get away with calling her a dog back then.

Getting bored of debunking you. Here i go again.
I will start with this. The reference of the star as a dog star is worldwide phenomena. Hsve a read. From the extract below you almost imagine we all shared a common history.

ancient cultures with no apparent connection have universally associated the blazing Sirius with either a wolf or a dog. In ancient China, the star was identified as a heavenly wolf. In ancient Chaldea (present day Iraq) the star was known as the "Dog Star that Leads". In Assyria and Akkadia, it was said to be the "Dog of the Sun”. Several indigenous tribes of North America referred to the star in canine terms: the Seri and Tohono O’odham tribes of the southwest describe the Sirius as a “dog that follows mountain sheep”, while the Cherokee paired Sirius with Antares as a dog-star guardian of the “Path of Souls”. The Skidi tribe of Nebraska knew it as the “Wolf Star”, while further north, the Alaskan Inuit of the Bering Strait called it “Moon Dog”

www.ancient-origins.net...

If you want to understand the dog star and Egypt you need to understand the Dogon tribe. The priest cast from Egypt. They know there own history better than anyone here on ATS. These are the peeps that worship Sirius and know about the Existence of Sirius A, B and C (still partly unknown to science.)

The Dogon tribe

The dog tribe. The keeper of the ancient knowledge through oral transmition.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

How can you be tired of debunking Harte when I’ve yet to see you do so? Your “citation” that you feel debunked him made zero references to Ancient Egypt and you haven’t reconciled other civilizations Dog Star reference with the fact that the AE’s never once referred to Sirius in such a way and they did indeed name it after Sopdet.

And the Dogon? Please provide any verifiable citations linking them with AE in any way. As far as their so called association with Sirius or aliens or any other crunk, why did they never make reference to any of the star chart conspiracy theories propagated by people who need to substantiate their loathing of science and subsequent need to be special because they know the truth that those awful science guys are withholding frI’m the world, prior to 1931?

If the Dogon oral traditions are sacrosanct, why do you discount their own traditions of where they originally cake from prior to settling in modern day Mali? Why are their language groups closely related to Niger Congo dialects and have zero influence of any Egyptian, modern or ancient? Why do their genetics have a close relationship to other nearby ethnic groups but nothing remotely Egyptian?

Confirmation Bias is a bitch.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

Getting bored of debunking you. Here i go again.
I will start with this. The reference of the star as a dog star is worldwide phenomena. Hsve a read. From the extract below you almost imagine we all shared a common history.

ancient cultures with no apparent connection have universally associated the blazing Sirius with either a wolf or a dog. In ancient China, the star was identified as a heavenly wolf. In ancient Chaldea (present day Iraq) the star was known as the "Dog Star that Leads". In Assyria and Akkadia, it was said to be the "Dog of the Sun”. Several indigenous tribes of North America referred to the star in canine terms: the Seri and Tohono O’odham tribes of the southwest describe the Sirius as a “dog that follows mountain sheep”, while the Cherokee paired Sirius with Antares as a dog-star guardian of the “Path of Souls”. The Skidi tribe of Nebraska knew it as the “Wolf Star”, while further north, the Alaskan Inuit of the Bering Strait called it “Moon Dog”

www.ancient-origins.net...

If you want to understand the dog star and Egypt you need to understand the Dogon tribe. The priest cast from Egypt. They know there own history better than anyone here on ATS. These are the peeps that worship Sirius and know about the Existence of Sirius A, B and C (still partly unknown to science.)

The Dogon tribe

I told you two provable facts.
1) The ancient Egyptians didn't have a "dog star" until they became Greek with the Ptolemys.
2) I'll leave the rest of it to Byrd, since it was Byrd you were addressing.

Harte

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The Dogon tribe

Ancient Origins is not a particularly accurate site.

First, the Dogon (which are a relatively recent tribe) did not have contact with Egypt. They live in Mali. Mali is on the OTHER coast of Africa, with all of the Sahara between Egypt and the Dogon.
Second, their own oral tradition talks about them living in an area south of the mountains in Africa that form the southern border of the Sahara. (Wikipedia on Dogon people)
Third, their religion is not even slightly similar to that of ancient Egypt.

Sirius was not the foundation deity of ancient Egypt... in fact, Sirius was not represented in any of the oldest deities in Egypt (these are Hathor, Horus, and Bastet and the cattle goddess Bat, whose images appear as early as the Predynastic (3600 BC) on the Narmer Palette and other artifacts. Sirius was identified as the deity, Sopdet, who was the deity of the Nile Flood (a position later taken over by Amun-Re and other gods.) Romans and Greeks confused her with Isis and Anubis

Also, the festival of the New Year (Wepet Renpet) was not celebrated on a specific date, but rather when the flood started rising (site with information about Egyptian festivals)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I don't think arguing about the names of god's and goddesses is valuable, because they often changed names, from culture to culture, but were basically the derived from the originals.

In Australia, a guy found an Egyptian tomb, with the story of two brothers, royalty, who came here.
There ship crashed in the desert and they made their way to the coast. One died of a snake bite.

Now, your not likely to find aboriginals with Egyptian DNA. Or are you.

However, there is a small region in India that has people with the same DNA as Australian aboriginals and similar language.

In Australia, there are remains of an ancient mining empire, with writings of different people's.

The government ignores all this stuff.

So, I'm saying that populations do move.
Populations are replaced.
Civilisations wax and wane.

And with the fakery of the timelines the TPTB give us, and their fake information, I think its almost impossible to find truth.

Is there proof that the Egyptian created the pyramids, or did they just move in, after the creator deserted them?

With the fake timelines, we can't say for sure if the Spinx was created during the cycle of Leo.

I do like the dog theory.

Does it work? Don't know, but I like how purple dude presented it.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLorax
I don't think arguing about the names of god's and goddesses is valuable, because they often changed names, from culture to culture, but were basically the derived from the originals.

The gods of one culture are not necessarily derived from another culture.

In Australia, a guy found an Egyptian tomb, with the story of two brothers, royalty, who came here.
There ship crashed in the desert and they made their way to the coast. One died of a snake bite.

Okay... first, there's no Egyptian tomb in Australia. You're probably talking about the Gosford Hieroglyphs, and park rangers who work the area (and others) said there were no hieroglyphs until one day they caught someone with a chisel coming out of the area and found the newly carved (fake) hieroglyphs on the rock wall. Since then, people have added their own.

And they're pretty bad interpretations of hieroglyphs.

However, there is a small region in India that has people with the same DNA as Australian aboriginals and similar language.

In Australia, there are remains of an ancient mining empire, with writings of different people's.

The government ignores all this stuff.
And with the fakery of the timelines the TPTB give us, and their fake information, I think its almost impossible to find truth.

How about the fakery of the general public? Or hoaxers?

Is there proof that the Egyptian created the pyramids, or did they just move in, after the creator deserted them?

The pyramids are similar to the tomb structures AND the stepped pyramids are similar to the Sumerian ziggarats, and we know the Egyptians ad the Sumerians had contact with each other. The ziggurats developed from temple platforms.

With the fake timelines, we can't say for sure if the Spinx was created during the cycle of Leo.

No, it wasn't created "during the cycle of Leo" -- heck, astrologers can't even agree on what age it is now.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It was definitely a dog,

Mans best friend.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Do you see anything similar to a sphinx here? A rock modeled to look like a lion?

www.pandotrip.com...

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It seems like it was once a cat. Cats appear to have some significant influences on ancient Egypt.

Male cat RA and serpent APEP

Female SEKHMET daughter/eye of RA

Female BASTET

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think there could be something more to it !

Anubis being the god of the afterlife and underworld , weighing the souls and judging if you are good

so would make sense if the sphinx was anubis , who was replaced by Osiris

So it was Anubis first then carved into Osiris

now , anubis the lord of the afterlife and underworld
sits atop the tunnel entrance to the underworld !

hence those passage ways beneath the sphinx

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Cats weren't domesticated in Egypt until after the First Intermediate Period. Before that, the cat deities were lions and lionesses.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I understand, however the Sphinx may predate Egyptian domestication of Felidae.

The images below of the Jackal & Lion sitting and their tail forms appear to relate more the cat then the dog/wolf to Sphinx.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I have a book called "cult of the immortal" , in that book it states that over 7 million mummified cats were found in egypt !

I guess the AE really loved their cats, either that or they just loved to practice mummification !

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

you could be on to something , I had a quick view from above the sphynx and there are 4 dominant digits with one tucked behind. cats only have 3 prominent toes that show. Dogs have 4 with one tucked behind. our ancients were correct to detail. Never been a cat I don't think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join