It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange message on JPL/NASA Iapetus website?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It is a message of hope, meant to offer hope to those that understand it.

It is also a fly in the ointment for NASA, which is why they have removed it shortly after it was posted here.

It is part of a quote of Larry Esposito's press release, but on it's own it refers to the continual cycle of death and rebirth of mankind. It is saying the very force that is imprisoning us is also making us stronger.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's a quiet news day on ATS. It must be a Holiday Weekend or something... the UFOs are taking a holiday too, LOL.
I have to laugh - so that's a good thing right...

Option 1:
JPL/NASA guys monitor ATS website and see this thread and then correct their website (image of lots of scientists in white lab coats looking at tiny screens pointing and oohing and aaahing)

Option 2:
JPL/NASA have a webmaster and a bunch of geeks (or a very boring automated tool thatdoes it form them) who look at their own website and correct errors and broken links

Option 3:
JPL/NASA Geeks take strange (broken) mis-quotes and post them to their site on Holiday Weekends in order to get tin-foil wearing geeks on ATS website to start threads and worry themselves about aforementioned quotes... then s'n-word' and remove the quotes before their bosses return from vacation.

Personally I like Option 3...

Thank you for the post - it is (very) worryingly the best post on ATS this weekend...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by locster

Good job on the screenshot. Maybe a NASA employee is trying to drop clues

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I checked the source code of page for errors/leftovers etc and found this :
(the code is very weird , has lot of blank space)

--------- UPDATE INFO ---------------------------------------------------------

Last updated:
Last update made by: Josh Kunin ([email protected])
Last updated 6/21/209 by Kristy - deleted bodyindex
Last updated 6/22/209 by Kristy - put bodyindex back

209???
Either the coder is a noob or NASA is updating pages from a time machine invented 1800 years ago...

So it looks like this is an copy-paste error. The coder took a ready-made page and pasted stuff on it, somehow didn't double check and made it live. Happens all the time.
When a link fails the www server usually generates a log, someone saw the log and fixed it.

I guess I ruined everyone's party here. :p But you guys can continue your wild speculations and act as if this post is not here.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
Hmm , the crazy part is why did they take it down? :/
Its a conspiracy i tell you.

Because someone made a mistake and put the Larry Espisito quote up on that page instead of a picture of Iapetus...and when they noticed the mistake they changed it.

I don't see a conspiracy here. I have written reports in my line of work where I accidentally included a completely non-sequitir piece of information (usually because of a "copy and paste" issue). The person who was supposed to link the photo to the page probably unintentionally linked that quote from the "How Old Are Saturn's Rings" article instead.

Like I said, it's probably just a copy/paste mistake on the part of the guy updating the website.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join