It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan college on lockdown - gunman reported

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Michigan college on lockdown - gunaman reported

news.yahoo.com

DEARBORN, Mich. – Broadcasters are reporting that a Michigan community college is on lockdown because of a gunman on campus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Genus_Unknown]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What on earth is going on? it doesn't seem like a week goes by without some kind of incident on a college campus.

The news article is brief, but I'm hoping to bring more to the thread as and when more information becomes available.

What are your thoughts on this? why are there so many college gunman/shooting incidents? do you think there is more that colleges/uni's could do to prevent this?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Have to get in as many of these things as we can so that that 20/20 propaganda piece tonight can have maximum brain washing effect.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This would not be happening if they allowed students to carry guns.
The perps would think twice about pulling a gun on people if they knew the favor would be returned.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is it a case of proverbial fish in a barrel though? I can't get my head around why this seems to be almost a trend of late.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok. Something is definitely up. This is ridiculous. These types of events are happening on a daily basis now it seems, or at least the news media is reporting them on the mainstream news on a daily basis. Take your pick, but there's definitely something going on, and I don't like it one bit. I smell rotten fish.

To answer the OPs question about why there are so many college gunman/shooting incidents. It's quite easy. Legislators are preventing law abiding citizens from defending themselves. Gun Control laws are enabling madmen to play "Shooting Fish in a Barrel". Gun-free zones are Barrels, and easy pickins. It's time to turn the blame around on these events, and blame the LAWS used against us, that are enabling these criminals to take innocent lives. It's time to respect the Constitution and level the playing field.
As it has been said, "An armed society is a polite society."

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown
Is it a case of proverbial fish in a barrel though?

Every "gun-free" zone is a barrel and every defenseless citizen a fish.

I can't get my head around why this seems to be almost a trend of late.

Fluoride in the water, Sugarland's CMA win, poor test grade, girlfriend laughed at his small penis, drug-induced psychosis, government black-ops....

Pick one. They're all equally absurd and in no way justify the act.

Just another looney tune rampaging over the defenseless.

link   
Thank you to these sick-minded idiots for giving further case to ban our weapons.

While I do believe strongly in having a weapon to protect oneself, you have to admit that guns are in fact quite dangerous. Just as coc aine and crystal meth are dangerous, so are weapons to a certain extent.

I agree, if students had weapons on them, responsible, level-headed students, yes, then the shooter could be stopped. But, don't you think it's a bit extreme to be carrying around a lethal weapon around you everywhere? Don't get a twisted, though, it's just a curious question.

I just feel on one hand that having a need to carry around a weapon is so reminiscent of the ol' western days. While on one hand, we're on the verge of rioting once the new world order slowly comes to pass. Since these are troubled times, sadly, weapons are one of the only things we hold on close.

link   
April is always the month of these things.

Amazing they must trigger them in april or something.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown
Is it a case of proverbial fish in a barrel though?

Every "gun-free" zone is a barrel and every defenseless citizen a fish.

I can't get my head around why this seems to be almost a trend of late.

Fluoride in the water, Sugarland's CMA win, poor test grade, girlfriend laughed at his small penis, drug-induced psychosis, government black-ops....

Pick one. They're all equally absurd and in no way justify the act.

Just another looney tune rampaging over the defenseless.

Agreed, nothing justifies this kind of action. I'm from the UK originally, so living here in the US and hearing about this kind of thing honestly scares the daylights out of me.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
April is always the month of these things.

Amazing they must trigger them in april or something.

Normal folks catch Spring fever and chase tail. Psychos catch Spring fever and blow their tard gasket. Interesting. Maybe it's an allergic reaction to the pollen? A little Claritin could put an end to mass murder.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

just remember that there are 300 million people is usa, so whats the chance of it actually happening.

April is the month you people should always watch for for some reason, with these things.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looks like it was the "she laughed at my small penis" motive.

An unidentified man on the campus of Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, Mich., killed a woman and then himself, police told FOX affiliate WJBK in Detroit.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Of course this is a ploy to confiscate weapons, these events are staged so mothers will go crying to the governments that they want more police!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
*updated* gunshot has been heard:
news.yahoo.com...

I hope this is a false alarm....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

It was a murder suicide according to Detroits "Action News" Team at WXYZ.

UPDATED: Witnesses tell Action News that a man shot and killed a female friend before taking his own life on the campus of Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn.

They also say the scene is secure and it's been over for a while now.

www.wxyz.com...

The campus was locked down around 12:40 when shots were heard. The lockdown has since been lifted.

Police say the were originally called to the MacKenzie Fine Arts Center when someone called 911 to report an assault. When officers were in route a second call came in reporting that shots had been fired. Police then search the building, and found the bodies of a man and a woman.

No details about the crime scene have been released. Police say a shotgun was used in the shootings. Neither person has been identified.

At least it was a shotgun and not one of those evil assault rifles.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is not a Stage event I can assure you.

I have first hand information about this incident and live in the area.

I was actually on campus today, in the morning.

And for those of you that know me here on ATS, I was with the DPD for 6 years as a Reserve Officer.

Dearborn Officers are trained to respond and engaged an active shooter in any school situation, after columbine incident.

Response time to school today was under 1 minute on campus and clearing each zone of the building.

Semper hit me up on u2u

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
Of course this is a ploy to confiscate weapons, these events are staged so mothers will go crying to the governments that they want more police!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Teenagers with guns?

Hey about you licence them for Chimps while you're at it? Or cats and dogs, they tend to squabble a lot.

The solution is always more guns isn't it....?
If this happened at a hospital you'd say the patients should be entitled to have guns on their person.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The perps would think twice about pulling a gun on people if they knew the favor would be returned.

It would still happen, but we would make sure that injuries never got into the double digits.

A crazy person who snaps is going to do it, whether the students are armed or not. So let us hope the students are armed, and put down that crazy guy before he can do his worst.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is a natural by-product of the economy and the general atmosphere of fear it has created. People are losing it. And it isn't as if ATS hasn't been talking about this since BEFORE the economic news hit the wires. It's just now we're seeing our conversation taking root in reality. We all knew this was going to happen, that doesn't mean it is any more shocking when it does, but it isn't surprising. I'm sure the idiots on the media will blame the gun this nut-job used. But it is the economy.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join