It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT THE.....German pair auction child for 1 euro!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A German woman and a male friend face prosecution for human trafficking after they put the woman's daughter up for auction on the Internet at a starting price of one euro, about $1.20, authorities said Wednesday.

A photograph of the 8-year-old child was posted by the man, from the Bavarian town of Traunstein, who later told police he had placed the offer to test the online auction system.

The senior state prosecutor investigating the case said both the man, 35, and mother, 41, faced charges of attempted child trafficking.

"Three people made offers for the child and the bidding price reached 25.50 euros [$30.25] before the item was removed after between three to four hours by the company's security," he said.

Bizarre.....

now this is pretty weird......any feedback?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I their little joke didnt go down too well...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ebay... it's good for everything you want to get rid of, or everything you might want to buy.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It reminds me of the Monty Python movie "Meaning of Life" where the father with the huge poor family is going to sell his kids to science for medical experiments.

But it is still a sad story for the child involved.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
can you all imagine what kind og complex this poor kids gonna have?!

I mean I've heard peole whine that they weren't hugged enough as kids, at least they weren't almost freakin auctioned. seriously, poor kid, jerks like that should be punished.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
And for one euro... she's at least worth 1000...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you can put a price on a child...he's absolutely worth more than 1 euro, and even a hell of a lot more than 1000.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I know, I was just joking, although I admit this is not a topic that should really be joked about.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I know you were joking, but you're right, it's not really a good topic to joke about.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Actually, I think this can actually be a blessing.

Because now, I can auction off our president. Starting bid at 25 cents. winners of the auction also get his texas ranch thrown in for free, but there are buying conditions.
1. buyer agrees to remove item from the us shores, from the white house, and never bring him back.

2.buyer also promises too have item neutered so it wont reproduce any more than it has.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
elfie, take it to the mud pit.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
hehe. Always a silver lining, huh.
And those conditions aren'y asking too much!

top topics

join