It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you observing Good Friday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was curious to know how other people are observing Good Friday. My family and I will go to church tonight for Veneration of the Cross. Also my husband and I always make sure it is a solemn day, even though the kids are off school, no big entertainment, we will clean and cook, do yardwork. My extended family will go out and do fun things on Good Friday, like go to an amusement park or the movies. Which way do you go?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just a while ago read chapters 18 and 19 of the Gospel of John. I had a discussion earlier with my cousins about the death and resurrection of Jesus. I posted a forum entry on a Bible site about the blood of Christ.
That is as much as I plan to do about it. I am not into the whole day keeping thing because I realize that it is enforced by the deaths of countless Christians who were beat into submission, in order to keep whatever day is dictated by the throne of Rome.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just ate a huge steak, now I'm going to take a nap.. then go out drinking with my friends. Yeah I'm a bad Catholic! :bash:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I just ate a huge steak, now I'm going to take a nap.. then go out drinking with my friends.

sounds like a great way to spend any other friday.
i'm here..enough said.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I just ate a huge steak, now I'm going to take a nap.. then go out drinking with my friends. Yeah I'm a bad Catholic!

many saints drank wine, not to get drunk but for health. eating stay taking a nap, hahahaha, that's not bad.

except for fasting on fridays.

have a happy easter OP.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Fasting on Fridays? That's a human idea/concept/decision, not God's.

Good Friday and Easter are also human ideas/concepts as well. Easter: a day to celebrate the resurrection of a son God never had. Good Friday? No clue what the purpose of that is supposed to be.

Why is Easter always on a Sunday? Shouldn't it be the same day every year? HUMAN CONCEPT!!

But God loves us all no matter how silly we all are!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good friday and easter sunday are contradicitons to what the bible actually says. How does the sign of Jonah fit in with this? Just as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the fish, so shall the Son of man be 3 days and 3 nighs in the heart of the earth. This refers to the resurrection of Christ after 3 days and 3 nights yet good friday (supposed crucifixion) afternoon (He died on the 9th hour or 3pm) to easter sunday (supposed resurrection) morning does not add up to 3 days and 3 nights. Good friday is just another friday. This year it happens to be the 2nd day of unleavened bread which I am celebrating.

top topics

join