It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you rather have lived 10,000 years ago?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Not only would we not know what to do, but even if we did, we couldn't do it. No technology. No computers. How would we communicate like we're doing now on ATS? How would we be able to find out the truth?!?!

I mean, sure, it's a happier time. Alternative lifestyles (read: gay) were accepted, the people were more in touch with nature, and the world was a more beautiful place because there wasn't pollution.

Then again...

There were uncurable diseases due to not discovering vaccines then. There was tyranny and corruption as well. Human culture and architecture wasn't developed.

Things could have been worse.

Though I would love to have experienced what it was back then, and to not be under the control of mass media and to be a slave for people of higher power... life would have caused MORE troubles back then.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would so go back and pick any fruit/veggies I could from that time!
MMMM Unmodified food sounds so delicious.
Maybe I'll steal a good ol goat too.

I wouldnt want to live then though.

The only time I will even consider survival of the fittest is when our SHTF in the future. Then I'll deal with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The first thing anyone would do if they went back in time would be to start incorporating modern conviences into their lives so it would actually be a useless exercise. We will always strive to make our lives easier and more comfortable and there is nothing wrong with that. The only upside is that with our knowledge of the future we would soon be the ones in charge.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

"not be under the control of mass media and to be a slave for people of higher power..."

actually you would stand a good chance of being a literal slave 10,000 years ago.

the middle class didn't exist

If you don't like things now, being a serf is not for you

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I would so go back and pick any fruit/veggies I could from that time!
MMMM Unmodified food sounds so delicious.
Maybe I'll steal a good ol goat too.

I wouldnt want to live then though.

The only time I will even consider survival of the fittest is when our SHTF in the future. Then I'll deal with it.

You'd be very dissapointed. Few of the fruit or vegetables were anything close to what they are today. Corn didn't exist in any recognizable form, nor did bananas, tomatoes, wheat, and others. Apples were pretty much today's crab apples.

Thousands of years of human intervention, both on purpose and accidental, created most of what you consider food. in addition, you'd probably only have three or four recognizable edible plants to choose from, since nobody's going to ship you mangoes from south America if you're in southern europe.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nice place to visit but I don't know about living then.

I would love to visit all the locations of ancient civilizations that should not have been around then just to see if our modern understanding of history is correct. I have a sneaking suspicion that we have been force fed a bunch of bunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join