It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 police officer is suspended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

G20 police officer is suspended

news.bbc.co.uk

The officer captured on video apparently pushing a man during the G20 protests in London has been suspended, police have said.

Ian Tomlinson, 47, died from a heart attack minutes after the incident on 1 April, near the Bank of England.

The Metropolitan Police suspended the officer after the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) called for the penalty.

The IPCC has launched a criminal investigation into the death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is surely an example of the benefits of having a camera with you during demonstrations.

I presume the suspension is political due to so many people witnessing the sad incident that probably caused this mans death.

We must not forget that other officers were shown dishing out the same violence.

Respects

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think this guys head should roll with a Manslaughter charge. That's what they'd slap on any other civilian for attacking an innocent, unarmed person who subsequently died of a heart attack due to said attack.

These are the same guys we are meant to trust with our safety and to maintain law and order. If these are the good guys, I can only shudder at what the bad guys must be like.

IRM

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree with your comments totally. there were many incidents of police using strong arm tactics, unfortunatly its taken the death of a man to wake up the media to the police violence that took place.

When you see the hate in their eyes it makes you wonder how realistic it is to even doubt if the police would turn on their own citizens if the situation arose.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
When you see the hate in their eyes it makes you wonder how realistic it is to even doubt if the police would turn on their own citizens if the situation arose.

Oh I think recent events suggest that they would. As one copper once told me... "everyones guilty of something".

IRM

top topics

join