It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury lists Chinese, Iranians for WMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Treasury lists Chinese, Iranians for WMD

www.upi.com

The U.S. Treasury Department listed a Chinese national and six Iranian businesses Tuesday as agents engaged in the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.

The designation falls under Executive Order 13382, a 2005 measure that freezes the assets of alleged distributors of weapons of mass destruction.

"Today we are acting under our Security Council and other international obligations to prevent these entities from abusing the financial system to pursue centrifuge and missile technology for Iran," said Undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence Stuart Levey.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So if this report is true and accurate, and not merely more propaganda, then it is not only Russia who is helping Iran.

Russia is helping to build reactors for Iran, and if true, this report means that China is helping Iran get centrifuge and missile technology.

This is worrying news indeed, as it appears that all 3 "superpowers" have a vested interest in Iran, one way or another.

Again, if true, this would lend credence to Israels theory that Iran is seeking to become a nuclear power, and the mideasts first superpower, and could be the focal point for an escalation in rhetoric and possible strikes by Israel against Iran which would undoubtedly be backed by the US.

I leave members to draw their own conclusions, but with 4 nuclear armed countries in opposition and Iran in the middle, this could get messy.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So our treasury department is now in the foreign intelligence business? I think they need to stick to worying about financial concerns. About the report, it probably has some truth to it however , I am a little dubious about their sources. I don't remember hearing our reading anything about U.S. Treasury official having clearance, expertise, or trained personnell enough for this kinda of info.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Already posted here Budski: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join