It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INCH - a flawed idea ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
recently i have noticed the ` new ` ? acronym I.N.C.H being used more frequently :

i am NEVER coming home

and that disturbs me - mainly because my survival philosophy abhors such limiting absolutes as " never "

" never " instantly eliminates an entire range of options that may turn out to be the preferable soltion - if only you didnt have this ` never go back ` falacy dominating your strategy

never is defeatist , survival requires adaptability , NOT pre set absolutes that limit descisions

at the risk of self contradiction - never say never - lol

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Where have you been noticing the usage of this new acronym the most? This is definitely news to me.

I agree with you however, why give in mentally to a certainty of such negative consequences?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a few reasins to pack an iNCH bag..

wild fires..Ask how many people on the left coast of the US lost there homes..

Hurricanes,tornadoes.. and floods..Many people lose the homes every year from natrual disasters...

Folks that live near reactors..The sirens go off,you better get going..

and many other reasons HOME might not be a viable option..

I'm planning on buggin in,but have an inch bag and made preps to cut and run if need be..Plan A,and B..Plan c will be made on the fly,as Mr.Murfy shadows everyone..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

INCH does indeed stand for "I'm Never Coming Home". However, an INCH bag is prepared for that possibility. In my own preparations, I do not necessarily ascribe to the idea that once I'm gone, that's it forever. What it means is that--if that ends up being the case--I am prepared for it.

Simply preparing an INCH bag doesn't mean you don't hope/plan on coming home. What it means is that if your home is not a feasible location to be, you are prepared to abandon it.

I don't think the majority of folks here want to leave home forever, nor do they admit defeat when there is still hope left.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Never being the operative term for your post, I can understand it is a bad idea. My INCH bag is built a bit more sturdy and for a longer stay than your average bug out bag. In my case a BoB would be for nothing more than a Katrina, get out of Dodge event. The INCH on the other hand would be what is needed to keep me and mine alive in the wilderness for an extended period.

Spiritowl

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You could always name it I Might Not Be Able To Come Home For Awhile. That would be a pretty poor acronym though, IMNBATCHFA
This is just semantics

new topics

top topics

join