It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Passover Seder: First Ever Held At White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Obama Passover Seder: First Ever Held At White House

www.huffingtonpost.com

Thursday night, the president and his family will be marking the beginning of Passover, inviting friends and aides over for a White House Seder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think of this. I'm sure it will rile the feathers of some the Judeophobes on ATS.

Personally I am worried that the administration is going to offer up Israel as a sacrificial lamb to the wolves in the name of world unity. If anything this could be deflection from that.

I should also point out Passover begins tonight at sundown not Thursday.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gotta agree that this is interesting, with all the talk regarding our stance with Israel and all. Seems like it'd piss off a lot of the folks that he is trying to get closer ties with tho.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

One thing I should point out is there are a number of Jews who really don't like Israel. Many of them live here in the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is very interesting and I thought you'd already have a lot of posts by now.

Maybe there's a bunch of people that both support obama and hate Israel sitting around wringing their hands, gnashing their teeth and saying to themselves, "What to do? What to do?" ...

Seriously, to me it is just another example of the pandering that obama and the dems excel at.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
Gotta agree that this is interesting, with all the talk regarding our stance with Israel and all. Seems like it'd piss off a lot of the folks that he is trying to get closer ties with tho.

It's called playing both sides of the fence.
The day before, Team Obama is kissing up to Arab Muslims, etc.; the next day, he is having a bar mitzvah moment and observing Passover. He did the same shuffle during the Presidential campaign. Nothing new. Move along.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well, I wouldn't say they don't like Israel, more disagree with the way it's policies are being used.
And I'm sure there are quite a few, after all, the world is more important than just religion and people of any faith recognize that.

Still tho, unless he's planning on making a showing of all religious events I think that this could send a negative message to other countries we're working on.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I see that there are a lot of news outlets saying that this is believed to be the first ever seder at the White House .... but I can't help but think that this was celebrated there before. I can't remember where or when or by which president. It's just a feeling ... tickling my brain.

Oh well .. perhaps it's one of those alternate time line things. Dunno.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Could someone explain this to me.

Passover isn't a satanix holiday or is it?

Jews are satanix?

Israel is satanix?

Zionists are Jewish Hebrew Israeli's that worship Moolah or Moloch or some Owl?

I am totally lost. I know the Jewish faith but somehow I've never heard the rest of the spiel beyond them being God's People.

Please throw me a bone?

Edit: (Or a link that looks like a bone)

[edit on 4·8·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There are lots of Americans that celebrate Passover, of course it is appropiate for the President to recognize the holiday. Seems unsuspicious to this gal.

new topics

top topics

join