It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s the Deal With Fluoride?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As you know, flouride is found in your drinking water and in tooth paste. They put the flouride in the water to supposedly help fight tooth decay. Water fluoridation was banned in Japan, China, India, and most European countries. European tooth decay is no worse then ours. Yet they dont need flouridated water.
Flouride is also used to make Nuclear Weapons. One of the most toxic chemicals known, fluoride rapidly emerged as the leading chemical health hazard of the U.S atomic bomb program--both for workers and for nearby communities, the documents reveal. Much of the original proof that fluoride is safe for humans in low doses was generated by A-bomb program scientists, who had been secretly ordered to provide "evidence useful in litigation" against defense contractors for fluoride injury to citizens. The first lawsuits against the U.S. A-bomb program were not over radiation, but over fluoride damage.

read more at the sources 1. The Source
2. The Source

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i believe the Nazis used to dose their prisoners, particularly the captive Jews with fluoride as it induces a sense of apathy, and dullness, meaning that it would harder to rebel or riot as the emotions were suppressed.

anyone ever get this when drinking tap water? i constantly battle a feeling of lethargy, i might try an experiment where id drink only bottled water for a set amount of time, and see if there's any substantial difference

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have done bottled water to tap wate back to back, weekly. Not much difference to me. However, i have noticed, IF i use colgate tartar protection GEL i get nervous, but if i use the paste, i get less nervous. Using toms of main with no fluoride, i seem more level headed. I cant so its coincidence, or maybe im that sensitive, i can detect sligth changes in things?
I myself, have a twin pillar counter top filter set up...0.5 micron carbon block, and a de fluoriniating filter. From what ive read, reverse ozmosis will get most of it, so will distilling, but it also removes just abuot everything else form the water, yuor body and teeth need...calcium, magnesium. Yeah you can take vitamins and mineral supplemtns, but its better to get that naturally, via water... mian reason i stuck with a carbon block filter.
So its printed, the nazis used fluoride to dominate/subdue , control thier prisoners. It was used in the manhattan project apparently, for the making of te atomic bomb! thats sick. I do notice myself though, when i use fluoride free toothapaste, my teeth seem fresher but softer. When i use fluorinated toothaste, my teeth seem to feel stronger and cleaner...
myabe its Soidum lauerl sulfate alos giving me false feelings?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have read here, supopsedly, you can use borax or washing soda, a few pinches in an 8 oz. glass of filtered water, to help remove accumulated fluoride form your body....any truth to this? if so, what is the correct proportions of borax and water?
Washing soda is some hard stuff...its cleans excellnt, but the one i buy, arm and hammer, the box clearly states a warning, NOT to breath or ingest it in.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
-some people think it's government mind control operating through tap water.
-some people think they put it there because it's good for your teeth.
-some people think it's just industrial pollution but since all of the above we might as well not clean that crap and plug it right to the tap.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One of the more interesting things I've heard concerning fluoridation is the extent to which Edward Bernays had an impact on getting the American public to accept it. He was the nephew of Sigmund Freud and he became known as the father of public relations. Here's a short little clip talking about it
video.google.com...

It's funny learning that some of the biggest influences on fluoridation weren't scientists, but a public relations genius and various industrialists. To think the health profession allowed this to happen is ridiculous, how is trust supposed to be maintained when more than likely, they value money over a patients health?

On an anecdotal note, I brush and floss daily. I've always had good dental health, go to the dentist twice a year. My dentist used a machine that detects cavities that are so small that they are basically nonexistant. The sensitivity of the machine is ridiculous. I was told I had a cavity and got it filled. Next time, same machine "Well looks like you got another cavity! Well at least you'll be symetrical now" she said laughing. The "cavity" was on the opposite molar, I didn't find it too humorous. I didn't get it filled and switched dentists and also switched over to a nonfluoride toothpaste and I've been cavity free for like 5 years since. The "cavity" that I was supposed to get filled under doctor's orders is gone (more like it was never there) and when I go in to get cleanings 2x a year, I constantly get told that my teeth are immaculate. This last time the dentist and hygenist said I should only come once a year, since there is nothing to scrap off. That was wordy, sorry lol, but point being fluoride free won't cause your teeth to fall out and whatever thoughts are out there. Also, doctor's are far from perfect. I've hardly met a decent doctor.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
One thiing i do know...is that here in america, IF we had healthier food available, not the genetically modified crap, and less sugars available..we woulndt really need fluoride then. Think about it, here in the states, whats everyones favorite past time snacks and meals? Fast food, like mcdonalds, taco bell.....potato chips and beer...all of which have lots fo salt and sugar added...meaning more consumption! Im usre even over in Europe, they dont lace thier food with artey hardening ingriedinets, cavity galore pacakge. Diet does make a difference, especially for teeth. Natural foods dont contain much sugars at all, thierfore yuor cavoty risk goes dwon, providing you take care of yuor teeth daily of course.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The point is...we wouldnt need fluoride if at all, IF maintstream advertising and businesses would stop pushing and loading thier snacks n foods with synthetic perservatives.

Maybe businesswise, they walk hand in hand. Eat our heavily salted, suphinated packed full 'o sugar foods, and dont forget to fight yor cavitys! and brush with colgate

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This thread is going to be flooded with debunkers after a while.

They will use the following tactics:

A) Patronising tone
B) Claims that there is no evidence to prove that Fluoride is dangerous.
C) (Most Important) FORUM SLIDING- When some decent info comes up two or more will gang up and post nonsense until the info gets buried.
D) Claims that it is being done "for the children" (designed to provoke an emotional response)
E) Spin language to make it seem like anti-fluoride people are a small kooky minority... lies- it was recently rejected by a majority in a U.K. town, but still imposed against the people's will.
F) Claims like- "In my town we've had fluoridated water for X amount of years and "I'm alright" - Are any of us really alright?
G) Willing to argue the tiniest details of the issue, uncannily clued up on the subject, but ignoring the big facts.

I suggest people think for themselves and do their own research, starting with prisonplanet, infowars, or a simple websearch on Fluoride/Health.

The most important issue is that many people are unhappy with being mass medicated against their will for whatever reason. If people want fluoride it should be available in tablets. Those that don't want it don't have to ingest it, those that do, go ahead...

They respond: "Gee HiAliens so uh you think that anyone who disagrees with you is a debunker uhhh you're paranoid... case you haven't noticed this is a discussion forum?"

This thread will turn into a disinfo-fest...

Over/Out

[edit on 14f20093pmWed, 08 Apr 2009 15:13:40 -050040 by HiAliens]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
GMO food is bad for health in general but I'd have no effect on teeth. Sugar isn't that big of a deal. It's only when you let the sugar sit on your teeth without brushing, that's when the bacteria attach to the teeth. Pop is one thing that should be avoided considering the acidity. If people want healthy teeth they shouldn't be looking to fluoride as a crutch, they should first start doing easy things like getting rid of pop. But a lot of people of course, love easy solutions.

Synthetic preservatives and salt have no impact on dental health from what I've read.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's all good, relax.

Joking, joking. I too am in the anti-fluoride camp. I use baking soda tooth powder and drink only reverse osmosis water. I also have my teeth polished with a pumice-based polish at the dentist--be sure to ask otherwise they polish with a high-level of fluoride paste which is like a buffer on your car instead of a touchless wash.

Just today I was looking at the attendee list for 2008 Bilderberg and a CEO from Alcoa was there. Alcoa is the 3rd largest aluminum manufacturer in the world and an American company. I was trying to remember if inorganic fluoride is a byproduct of aluminum and if so then...
But I can't remember what the tooth-care form is a byproduct of- its a metal though.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Aside from the usual 'Flouride is evil and the root of all things bad" websites, this is one bit of background info that pertains to the production and importation of flouride and its precourcers etc.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

My impression and its reinforced by this doc above is that flouride is used as part of the aluminum production process and it says that 18% of what the US produces and imports is used there (60% to produce flourocarbons)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by townio
-some people think it's government mind control operating through tap water.
-some people think they put it there because it's good for your teeth.
-some people think it's just industrial pollution but since all of the above we might as well not clean that crap and plug it right to the tap.

If you read your tube of toothpaste, it will say, "In our opinion Flouride is good for your teeth." If you read a bag of rat poison, Flouride is the main ingredient in Rat Poison.

A big conspiracy is "Yes" Flouride is used in tap water as a method of mind control. When you combine Flouride and media, commercials, and advertising, it is all a brainwashing technique. The flouride apparently causes you to mellow out, and become in a zombie like state, and makes you less resistent and objective to outside influences. Television causes your brainwaves (I'm not sure if it is Alpha, Theta, or what ones) to become active, so that you zone out while watching tv. This combined with Flouride causes the brainwashing to occur. Interesting stuff. I still watch tv though.
As for tap water, yuck. But I still brush my teeth.
You just can't win with this war on Flouride. It all boils down to the Codex Alimentarius, and the laws (or no laws) governing that book of regulations. Apparently, you take enough poison to kill a rat, divide it by twenty, and it is good enough to go into your food!
That book is also regulated by the same people who created chemicals for the showers in the Holocaust.
Anyhow, interesting stuff. It's all comes down to some macho dude or marian dudette who wants control of your mind, soul, and pocket.

Take Care!

Onehappyangel

[edit on 8-4-2009 by onehappyangel]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Thanks- looks like an informative .pdf

1st paragraph says US hasn't mined it since 96 BUT gets some from National Defense Stockpile--why do we have it in our Stockpiles? These are the same Stockpiles that are routinely ignored by FEMA/DHS paranoids even though they have huge ammounts of Tamiflu and other emergency stuff. But why Fluoride?

"In 2001, 65,200 tons of byproduct fluorosilicic acid (equivalent to 104,000 tons of fluorspar) were produced by 10 plants owned by 6 companies. Fluorosilicic acid was used primarily in water fluoridation, either directly or after processing into sodium silicofluoride. Fluorosilicic acid is also used to make aluminum fluoride for the aluminum industry."

"41,200" tons went into water fluoridation. And "4,700" goes to aluminum production.
OK- so I think I was thinking of steel production as producing it and it appears aluminum needs it to be produced. Still, why would Alcoa be represented at Bilderberg? A NWO pop-can conspiracy?

Fluosilicic acid
Cargill Fertilizer, Inc. Riverview, Florida
Farmland Hydro, L.P. Bartow, Florida
IMC Phosphates Company, IMC-Agrico Phosphates Faustina, Louisiana; Nichols, Florida; South
Pierce, Florida; Uncle Sam, Louisiana
PCS Phosphate Co. Inc. Aurora, North Carolina
Royster-Clark Inc. Americus, Georgia; Chesapeake, Virginia;
Florence, Alabama; Hartsville, South Carolina
Solvay Fluorides, Inc. Alorton, Illinois
U.S. Agri-Chemicals Corporation Fort Meade, Florida

So it looks like these are the production culprits--?--
I wonder why Florida is so special for production?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I guess I left out the silicofluoride production which appears to be the alternative form used for fluoridation--

Sodium silicofluoride
IMC Phosphates Company, IMC-Agrico Phosphates Faustina, Louisiana
Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corporation Mulberry, Florida
Solvay Fluorides, Inc. Alorton, Illinois

Again, certain states are important locations and Solvay and IMC are both producers. IMC looks to have quite a large and diversified production network.

wait, wait- looks like IMC merged into Cargill in 04:
www.sptimes.com...

Thank (mostly) Cargill for fluoride in your water I suppose.

BTW- the production of fluoride in Florida probably is bcus of other phosphate production.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Im not really sure why they would stockpile Flouride. But and this is just a guess on my part: i think the government stockpiles everything we cannot get from within our borders. It makes sence from a stretegic standpoint. Im curious as too how much they have piled away and where do they store it?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This whole fluoride thing is probably about money now. Originally it was for our teeth, but they got that mixed up because it wasn't the natural fluoride that caused healthy teeth it was calcium.. Assuming memory is correct anyway.
Greedy world is rotten.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The best water would be distilled then reverse osmosis filtered to get out any remaining impurities. I've been drinking distilled water exclusively since the early 70s. You have to get it fresh, cause if it sits in those cheap plastic jugs for too long, it absorbs chemicals from the plastic and starts to taste bad. It should be transfered to glass when you get it home. Or buy your own distiller. Tap water and bottled mineral or spring water are too polluted to be safe.
Avoid fluoride, and chlorine in pools and hot tubs. To prevent cavities rinse your mouth with milk of magnesia and water before bed. It will neutralize the acids from fruit, sugar, soda,yogurt etc. The minerals in water are of poor quality, and probably do more damage than good.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I found this from my favorite health researcher.

www.drkelley.info...

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Sargoth]

new topics

top topics

join